• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtual peeping tom exposed in Star Trek game

Oh, that stuff. I don't think there's anything especially wrong about that either. If 2 consensual adults want to bone in Stormwind, more power to them! I'm sure people have legitimate consensual cybering in STO too. I just think this voyeur case is creepy because the guy clearly 'hunted' victims who didn't know they were participating in in someone's fap collection. It's like getting caught in upskirt photos, and it goes even creepier when you think that the players in question could be really young.

Upskirt Photos would get you sent to jail. This is nothing. This is basically like looking at Hentai or using a nude patch in DOA Volleyball.

This whole situation is cray is fuck.

That thread is slowly going downhill.

Our Skybuck friend is a virtual rapist.

Some dude's screaming for Chris Hansen.

This is hilarity in play. I love it.

The good news is Skybuck will find another game to mod and somebody will fap. If they haven't already.

Carcetti

Upskirt Photos would get you sent to jail. This is nothing. This is basically like looking at Hentai or using a nude patch in DOA Volleyball.

Yeah, of course that's true. The weird and hilarious part in all this is that compared to the DOA Volleyball it's a multiplayer game so this guy has a lot of unconsenting secret 'partners' in his activities. It's one of the funniest and weirdest examples of 'game content may change online' I've ever seen.

Need more Picard gifs too.

Taruranto

Meh, was expecting something more shocking. The whole situation is a tad hilarious, but nude mods have been around for years and it's while it may be a little creepy in the end are just in-game models.

Also, i say at least 50% of these "girls" are dudes.

Akkad

Banned

Exactly, I fail to see what the big deal is. These are just virtual characters, not real people FFS.

When I saw the news item on Eurogamer I thought he might have included malware in his patch which took photos using a webcam or something. This... this is just weaksauce. lol

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
this is actually quite intriguing, from a legal point of view. I mean where do you draw the line?

Say an MMO allows you to use an actual picture of your face for your avatar's head (in a way that wouldn't make you look like a melted wax doll)? Surely then modding the client to remove cloths would be more problematic.

What would be the case if some of the avatars in his pictures were modeled as an actual likeness of their respective players?

Either way, having the folder public would also probably constitute an offense.

spekkeh

Banned
Is it me or are the ones going on their high horse, about how this is similar to sexual assault, much more embarassing than the dude who sometimes 'has sex with virtual women against their will lol'?

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of Skybuck, his five-year mission: to explore strange new women, to seek out new wives and new objectification, to boldy bone where no man has boned before ...

Carcetti

Don't think anyone is actually outraged, this is too hilarious for that. But isn't it interesting to look at the implications of this, look at how people feel ownership about their characters in the game etc.

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of Skybuck, his five-year mission: to explore strange new women, to seek out new wives and new objectification, to boldy bone where no man has boned before ...

:lol

Of course, anyone who's watched Extras also knows that it's no use trying to stop him now. He's seen everything. He's seen it all!

God who gives a shit. Ooh, he can see virtual characters naked because he has some hack. Lame thing to get outraged over. I thought it was some malware injector that took over webcams or a keylogger for facebook hacking or something serious.

Serra

This is pretty funny. It gets even funnier when people get all mad about how this is "objectifying women" and other bullshit. That STO forum thread is gold.

fernoca

1244541302picardwatches.gif
Hahaha...so awesome. XD

But yeah, the whole in-game thing is...really creepy.

Getting a nude patch is as easy as googling it so I don't get why this one is trying to sell this. But it's an MMO and MMOs are scammer heavens.

Zing

Banned
Masturbation doesn't get any sadder than this.

I guess you've never visited 4chan.

Wow, the thread on STO disappeared before my very eyes. I didn't get to read the recent replies to see how much whining was going on there.

The funniest part to me is how the folder is named "hottestgirls", as though he has scrutinized all of his screenshots and hand picked the best.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thread's deleted? I'm getting an invalid thread error in OP's link.

Gattsu25

Banned
I too would like to read this legendary thread.
It wasn't legendary. It was actually a small thread (only 3 pages) and outside of the quoted post and another post that said the word "creepy" there was nothing inflammatory about it in the slightest.

Everyone seemed more interested in answering the question posed by the creepy OP than reacting to his pervy background.

Top Bottom