• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana Will Have “Highest Volume of Content” in the Series

Draugoth

Gold Member
capsule_616x353.jpg

Noisypixel interviewed Masaru Oyamada, the producer of the Mana series, about the upcoming mainline entry Visions of Mana. Our exchanges highlighted the title’s cast, gameplay details, and setting. One response worth noting is that in response to the expected playtime of this title, no precise time was given.

However, Oyamada did state that Visions of Mana will have the highest volume of content in the series, meaning that it will have the most to do out of any Mana game. This isn’t too surprising, considering how short the Mana games tend to be and how Visions is an ambitious evolution.

You can view the quoted exchange regarding this matter below:

Orpheus Joshua: I doubt you can give a concrete answer because of all the factors surrounding it, but what would you say is the estimated playtime?
Masaru Oyamada
: We are in the middle of optimizing the final game, so changes can happen depending on that, and I can’t give a clear answer at the moment. However, it definitely has the highest volume of content you can enjoy within the series. Of course, the playtime will change depending on the player’s pacing, too. We feel this entry will provide very high satisfaction as an RPG experience.

Source

ReyBrujo

Shouldn't be surprising considering it's the latest entry of the series in the most modern consoles with the most capacity, am I wrong?

Last edited:

Hudo

Shouldn't be surprising considering it's the latest entry of the series in the most modern consoles with the most capacity, am I wrong?
The thing is, Mana has been treated as some sort of "AA" series by Square for a long time. Visions of Mana might be the first Mana game since Dawn of Mana (which failed and was probably the reason why the enthusiasm for that IP at Square went down) that actually has some budget behind it again.

Celine

Well, the last brand new console style episodes were Dawn of Mana on PS2 and Children of Mana on NDS back in 2006 (a year later NDS also got a Mana spin-off).
Since then all we got from the series were a bunch of mobile games, a collection on Switch and the remake of Seiken Densetsu 3.

KXVXII9X

I think studios should clarify what they mean by "content." A lot of times more content means more padding and worse pacing. I would expect Visions on Mana to be bigger than its predecessors but if it is going to double down on typical open world padding, that isn't exactly a positive. Having the game being a bit less linear and have more variety of gameplay and exciting encounters would be a nice positive, but having more collectathons, crafting, and tedious busywork would be disappointing.

Mr Hyde

Very excited for an ambitious Mana-game. I hope it turns out good and reviews well so Square continues to push the franchise. Otherwise I fear this can the be the final nail in the coffin.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom