• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

It was a Guilty Gear release date announcement. Pack it up, people.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted... They have to know that they're at the point where they're just starting to annoy people, right? Either break the news that whatever big announcement you have planned isn't related to the Science Adventure series, or don't tease the announcement in the first place.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted... They have to know that they're at the point where they're just starting to annoy people, right? Either break the news that whatever big announcement you have planned isn't related to the Science Adventure series, or don't tease the announcement in the first place.
Well, that's partially our own fault for being so thirsty that we see mirages. But I'm glad Geraint confirmed that his earlier "signing" was indeed for a secret project to be announced soon.

Shizuka

It continues...

tQ0JiW3.jpg

tumblr_mr7asrRrvA1rx3rz5o1_500.gif

I'm gonna say if you're right or wrong in spoiler. Don't open unless you want to really see if you guessed right before the game tells you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Everything you said is wrong.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So true. I finished the game and I have mixed feelings over the end. It seems like
they copped out towards the end. They really had a situation that was full of despair and they end up rolling the dice with the two buttons.
The last chapter kind of made me wish I had watched the previous anime more recently than I had. I watched the final episode after going through
chapter 0
and I feel like that did help a lot in establishing who the big bad turned out to be.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what's up with IF and Otomate? Even Amnesia was digital-only. I thought Hakuouki did pretty good numbers for being an otome title. (I blame the Japanese side of things..)

7FtfjoC.png

I can see nothing changed in the 10 years I worked with a japanese publisher. How can you be that backwards/illogical...
From the steamthread:

"Hey JastUSA. You can release S;G, but you are not allowed to release it on Steam, since we want to do it in the future. But if we release it, you have to provide Steam-Keys."

Jazz573

https://groupees.com/jast2

It's up now. Sorry, that's an awful selection right there.

10$:

Do you like horny Bunnies
Snow Sakura
Snow Drop

$20:

Princess Waltz
Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048
Yin-Yang! X-Change Alternative

$30

Steins;Gate

I honestly think it's great. Princess Waltz is a game I want, same with Snow Sakura, less so Snow Drop. Four of the seven are not nukige, which is a nice balance.

I can see nothing changed in the 10 years I worked with a japanese publisher. How can you be that backwards/illogical...
From the steamthread:

"Hey JastUSA. You can release S;G, but you are not allowed to release it on Steam, since we want to do it in the future. But if we release it, you have to provide Steam-Keys."

Why are you blaming 5pb for JAST agreeing to Groupee terms that they have nothing to do with? If JAST has to end up supplying people with Steam keys, that's their own fuckup.

5pb is smart to self-publish S;G on Steam, there's no sense in cutting in an unnecessary middleman.

Why are you blaming 5pb for JAST agreeing to Groupee terms that they have nothing to do with? If JAST has to end up supplying people with Steam keys, that's their own fuckup.

5pb is smart to self-publish S;G on Steam, there's no sense in cutting in an unnecessary middleman.

Oh. He is talking about the Groupees contract. Thought he meant the contract between 5pb and Jast.

Shizuka

I don't get it. If JAST USA has to supply Steam codes and 5pb won't let them, does that mean JAST USA will have to buy the codes otherwise?

HGH

Banned
One franchise won't keep them a float forever! I'd like some diversity in their titles, too! Nep, Fairy Fencer, Quintet, rub-rub Vita, and Amnesia, with Trillion coming soon, is all they have.
That's not an insignificant number of games but their recent interviews have more than implied that otome games(or at least Amnesia) just don't turn a profit west. Plus they got heavily pirated.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That's not an insignificant number of games but their recent interviews have more than implied that otome games(or at least Amnesia) just don't turn a profit west. Plus they got heavily pirated.

I don't get the pirated comment. They aren't referring just to the old PSP titles, right? Or do they mean Amnesia in specific (which was digital-only, anyways and not good to jusge off that single title). Aksys seems to have been continuing...

HGH

Banned
Yeah I should have specified Amnesia. I saw some IFI and Aksys employees lamenting the immediate torrents and torrent numbers on twitter.

Endruen

So true. I finished the game and I have mixed feelings over the end. It seems like
they copped out towards the end. They really had a situation that was full of despair and they end up rolling the dice with the two buttons.
The last chapter kind of made me wish I had watched the previous anime more recently than I had. I watched the final episode after going through
chapter 0
and I feel like that did help a lot in establishing who the big bad turned out to be.

Didn't you play the original Danganronpa? In my opinion, it's better than this one, more predictable, though.

Didn't you play the original Danganronpa? In my opinion, it's better than this one, more predictable, though.

I watched the anime adaptation. I don't see myself having the time to go back and play it. I might play AE if it comes down low enough in price. Right now I'm torn between Stiens;Gate and Dual Destinies.

jonjonaug

Kindred Spirits will be up in about 6 hours on the Mangagamer website and in about 25 hours on Steam. You can still save five dollars if you order it from Mangagamer now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So is Kindred Spirits an actual H title? Websites are saying how it's uncensored, but doesn't sound like it even has any sex or nudity in it?

(Kind of ironic, with AAA more realistic games are like on Steam already, but ya know...)

So is Kindred Spirits an actual H title? Websites are saying how it's uncensored, but doesn't sound like it even has any sex or nudity in it?

(Kind of ironic, with AAA more realistic games are like on Steam already, but ya know...)

It has breasts and lesbian sex scenes, but it's doesn't depict things super explicitly.

Top Bottom