• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulfate

Just started gravity rush- what a unique little game i like it.

Is there a place or chatroom app to have all of us neogaffers on to chat with like the ps3?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some screens look good, others look bleah.

I don't know, that seems like it's catering more to fans of the Anime. I don't think that's necessary for a CCG. In all the games I've played of M:tG I've only ever had one or two guys stand up and throw cards on the table.
Obviously the characters act like in the anime, another game could do it in a different way, but i assure you that it's really satisfying to see the opponent acting like it's winning, losing, amazed, sad, suffering(lol) etc, way more than looking at a bunch of cards moving.

Skyzard

Banned

Yep:

dc83W.jpg
Still no videos for framerate..

Graphics should do fine but if the framerate drops I will flip tables.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
4Gamer has an interview with the producer of PSO2. Seems like the JP beta will consist of 3 areas (Forest, Caves, & the City Emergency Quest) and the full game will clock in at roughly 4GB.

marrec

Banned

Obviously the characters act like in the anime, another game could do in a different way, but i assure you that it's really satisfying to see the opponent acting like it's winning, losing, amazed, sad, suffering(lol) etc, way more than looking at a bunch of cards moving.

It depends on the fiction that they've imagined behind what the cards represent. In M:tG the cards only represent physical things that you're doing as a Planeswalker. So when you summon a creature by laying down the card, in the fiction of the game you're just straight up summoning a creature (by whatever means available to the Planeswalker.) So having a physical representation of that person in the Video Games would get very silly.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It depends on the fiction that they've imagined behind what the cards represent. In M:tG the cards only represent physical things that you're doing as a Planeswalker. So when you summon a creature by laying down the card, in the fiction of the game you're just straight up summoning a creature (by whatever means available to the Planeswalker.) So having a physical representation of that person in the Video Games would get very silly.
A phisical representation of the player would be silly, but a 3d model of a summoner would be very fitting!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A phisical representation of the player would be silly, but a 3d model of a summoner would be very fitting!

Why? 1994-2006(?)-"Planeswalker = you" 2007-on-"Planeswalker = whatever the fuck we (Wizards) say who is!"

Really, the older term works for the card game (because you're playing the Planeswalker) and really allowed people to write fiction if they were so inclined over battles. :/

Then again they wanted to add "Planeswalker" cards to the game so they basically had to do away with that. :/

marrec

Banned

No that's the part that would be silly. M:tG is a very dour game. All the Planeswalkers would be frowning and be very serious. In fact, they HAVE representations of some Planeswalkers in the current fiction and none of them are very animated in the same way as that video you linked. It would all be animations of really powerful dudes and dudettes being Wizards. Well... Chandra would be pretty animated I guess.

ANYWAY Card games are perfect for a touch screen device, so Vita is a perfect fit for M:tG DotPW.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ignore this post. Testing something.

Code:
Test

4Gamer has an interview with the producer of PSO2. Seems like the JP beta will consist of 3 areas (Forest, Caves, & the City Emergency Quest) and the full game will clock in at roughly 4GB.

To be more clear, he says the game will probably occupy more than the available 4GB on a physical card, so even physical card users will have to download game content patches to a memory card.

Also, story chapter 9 will be available to Vita users first, before PC users.

Skyzard

Banned
Road texture looks very bland in that shot Totobeni posted. Rest looks ..ok. (remember to downsize a bit for vita screen) - less jaggies show.

tbh not great though. Expected better.

xJavonta

Banned
I didn't like Sonic Racing on iOS, it was really boring. I have a feeling this will be the same, someone prove me wrong please. I want to believe

ANYWAY Card games are perfect for a touch screen device, so Vita is a perfect fit for M:tG DotPW.

I'd love a good Vita Mtg game. I'll admit that the first DotPW release on the 360's Live Arcade was what officially got me into Magic. I was around the game growing up (older cousins played it) and I owned a few hand me down cards (my first deck was the Sliver Evolution theme deck) but never really knew how to play until DotPW's nice tutorials. Started going to FNMs and got some more friends into the game.

As long as the interface is solid and you can easily use touch and/or traditional controls to do EVERYTHING (or nearly everything) required like stopping the turn to make a play or stack effects and trigger them in the right order then I'm all for it.

Takao

Banned
Any chance we are getting a mix of 3DS and Vita shots? Otherwise, I'm glad he's not!

No, 3DS doesn't do native screengrabs and that platform's resolution isn't nearly as high.

I didn't like Sonic Racing on iOS, it was really boring. I have a feeling this will be the same, someone prove me wrong please. I want to believe

Wasn't the first Sonic Racing on iOS a DS up port?

I remember someone saying it would be a port of the 3ds version. Looks like they were right.

It's not. It's a port of the console version. 3DS version has content taken out.

Why? 1994-2006(?)-"Planeswalker = you" 2007-on-"Planeswalker = whatever the fuck we (Wizards) say who is!"

Really, the older term works for the card game (because you're playing the Planeswalker) and really allowed people to write fiction if they were so inclined over battles. :/

Then again they wanted to add "Planeswalker" cards to the game so they basically had to do away with that. :/

Ya, that would be awful. Since they have planeswalker cards and you're the planeswalker, it makes it really awkward. That would be really bad to show stuff like that and lets be honest, yugioh tried stuff with watching things summoned and effects and it's cool the first couple of times and then after that you turn off the effects because it just takes so much time because of it.

Skyzard

Banned
No, 3DS doesn't do native screengrabs and that platform's resolution isn't nearly as high.

Ah okay thanks. :(

Want to buy so bad still...but feel like I'll get burnt at £35 tbh. Then again NFS:MW didn't look great in screenshots and that was well worth £40 for me.. Heck even the framerate drops in that a bit.

But this really shouldn't..guess I'll wait on a few more positive reports on that - so far just the one from TimmiT in the new screenshot thread.

STG

just ordered my Christmas presents!

Persona 4 Golden (US import, I just can not wait till the EU release)
and a 16GB memorycard

I am hyped

Boogdud

So Zanac X Zanac PS1 classic is supposedly out on PSN this week. Has anyone had a chance to see if it works on Vita? If so... oh goodness.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Regarding the Samba de Amigo track screenshot - maybe my monitor's colour calibration is shit but it looks a lot better on the Vita. As for the carrier - well, I hope it looks better in motion. It is a static pre-race shot after all.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only thing i know is that i love tcg games, but the only digital ones that i can enjoy are the yugioh ones because let you duel people, not cards.
Now think of how much more you, that already like m:tg games(i have m:tg dotp 2012 too but i played it one or two times), would enjoy them with visible opponents.
And i don't pretend always present fully animated 3d models, even something like this should do the work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX-pvDpe0Vw

Skyzard

Banned
Was just about to give sega the benefit of the doubt and it got taken off ;( knew it would happen..guess we'll have to wait till friday - not on search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom