• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

Ok, I'm officially in love with Uncharted graphics. Dat illumination is unbelievable. The game is really fun, I have to say I'm having a better time playing it than I did with Uncharted 2.

But the graphics, oh wow, makes me wonder how good God of War Vita will look.

I am loving this game so much. At first I was not really that impressed, seemed like Uncharted on the cheap but the more I play the more I see it's its own thing. Really fun, love the exploration and the motion controlled shooting is fantastic.

Anybody having problems with the new youtube app? It worked fine yesterday but today it says error NW-9735-4 can't connect to internet.

The thing is i can connect to the internet with PSNetowrk and every other app on my vita. Email is the only other app the randomly stopped connecting too.

Already tried restarting vita, rebooting router and disconnecting and reconnecting to router with my vita. Any other suggestions?

KalBalboa

Banned
Wow...

well Third Party non Stars Fake Smash deserve to be a huge bomba, so that's that I guess.

boo-this-man.gif

I just platinum'd All Stars. That game is fun as hell.

marrec

Banned
Yep, game is fun, in battle graphics are good and online is exceptional.

The in battle stuff is astonishing really. I wasn't expecting to have this much fun with it but I am, and I don't even own a PS3 so half these characters are completely unknown to me. *lol*

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Considering how cheap Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is, I'm expecting every single one of you to buy it.

I've ever been the optimist on the game, and it feels good to be vindicated.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Considering how cheap Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is, I'm expecting every single one of you to buy it.

I'm going too, the video of it look very good.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Cheap?

zulux21

I'm guessing your version of cheap is more than $10 thus I will be passing until it hits that price.

I saw a retail copy of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed in a store in the Netherlands early this morning, so that's also already out here. It was 40€.
EDIT: Oh yeah, they need to release the travel bug game worldwide, because it isn't really being picked up well enough.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, for us NA folks at least. 29.99, and nearly every franchise in Canada offers pre order discounts. I have three copies coming.

Sorry, not buying until $20 "cheap" or less.

If ever. HiI'mDaisyBigBossGETOUT.gif @ Sega.
So bitter about Val Chron's treatment.

I just platinum'd All Stars. That game is fun as hell.

Fun games with exceptional graphics and seamless multiplayer never deserve to bomba Toto.

Honestly, and I can't believe I'm actually siding with Toto here, but I tried out Sony Smash with eight other people on PS3 the weekend it came out. All of us found it dull and unexciting at best. Every match came down to who happened to cheese and camp better than the rest, which made for very drawn out and boring matches, regardless of whether you were a player or spectator.

OH OH! I KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS!

...Seamless Multiplayer?

Online's probably going to be dead by the time me and you get to that. :(

Even the OT is dead, but I guess it'll be free for PS+ in a couple of months.

Honestly, and I can't believe I'm actually siding with Toto here, but I tried out Sony Smash with eight other people on PS3 the weekend it came out. All of us found it dull and unexciting at best. Every match came down to who happened to cheese and camp better than the rest, which made for very drawn out and boring matches, regardless of whether you were a player or spectator.

IDK, maybe you were all playing it too safe, did you play online? Camping won't get you anywhere, you need to fill you Super meter, you can't steal other people kills, etc. Playing online most matches come down to 5 to 15 kills for the winning player.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Few stuff that SCEA could do with the $12 million they wasted on Declassified

-Porting Boarderland 2 and Angry Birds for Vita.
-let Bend make Syphon Filter Vita.
-more servers for PSN.
-moneyhat tons of developer for Vita/PS3 PSN games
-more ads for Vita

Tiamant

Okay, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to watch movies on my Vita but I can't transfer them because the Vita won't recognize the .mp4 file, is there anything I'm missing?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

-more servers for PSN.
-more ads for Vita

-Had Bend do a FPS that could've worked.

-more servers for PSN.
-more ads for Vita

Pay 120 indie developer to get 120*2 PSM games!

Massa

-more servers for PSN.
-more ads for Vita

That's what they spent $12 million on, Vita ads.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
hmmmm gravity rush is on sale (used) for $17.99 on gamefly... to buy or not to buy given I can just play it through plus

? Just play the free + version.

Skyzard

Banned

There's a little more to it than smash bros moves - bit more of a fighter, just takes a bit more time. If you lot were camping and cheesing then that's up to them really isn't it... gotten sick of chasing (continually (forever)) sniping killzone guys myself at times - especially the good ones :p

cyborg009

Banned
Will create a fake account to vote for this!

Thank you We also have petition if want to sign that too, the facebook liking is also good

Here is the game in nutshell by HotLimit from Atlus fourms

Alright, let me start from the beginning. You control a family of monster hunters that was cursed when making an assault on the lead demon (shuten douji). The curse limits the life of all family members to ~1.5 years (while at the same time speed up their growth by about 20x), and prohibits them from procreating with other humans. You can, however, 'procreate' (the game says it's some kind of ceremony, you don't actually mate) with deities, which allow you to keep the family going.

So first things first, you'll have to earn special points to spend on the deities that you can 'mate' with. You earn those by defeating monsters, and you defeat monsters by assaulting different dungeons. This is fairly simple, except that there is a time limit on how long you can adventure through dungeons...

Basically the game takes place in 1-month intervals (you can think of them as 'turns'). During your turn, you can manage your family (outfit different members, form assault parties, etc.), fund your village (funding the village reaps all sorts of benefits including better items to buy, more special shops available, better trading markets, etc.), buy, sell, and sort items (between those you carry while in the dungeon and your reserves), and several other options that become available the longer you play. You can also do one of the following, which will end your 'turn':
-assault a dungeon
-rest (recovers overall fatigue of you family, different from HP)
-join with a deity to make a child (limited to family members over 8 months of age (maybe 10?))

When you assault a dungeon, a circular timer made of flames will start to count down, and upon reaching the end, a new month will begin. You can choose to warp back to the town, or continue adventuring with a new timer (though it costs another month's time, and will cause your family members to become fatigued... older family members will die from adventuring too long). You can increase the productivity of your assaults by casting different spells (speedier movements, auto-maps, etc.), but in general you will complete each dungeon peace-meal, fighting a bit one month to gain strength, fight another month to defeat a sub-boss, etc...

Now, things start to get complicated when you realize that you have to manage the growth of your family members, and when you conduct assaults. Sub-bosses and bosses will re-spawn every so often, so if you want to defeat a boss, you will first have to plan out which generation of your family will defeat the boss, and then time it so that they can reach the boss before any of those family members fall into poor health. As time goes on, you'll get powerful weapons and techniques that you'll want to pass on to younger generations, so you have to decide far in advance which classes you'll assign to which babies. (another side note - babies cannot assault until they have matured, ~4 months).

Your family's stats fluctuate from month to month, something governed by four of their inherited traits (there are 12 inherited traits all together, the first four determine personality). Certain personalities allow great growth in strength, but the family member may also be moody, and run away from the family if neglected. The other 8 inherited traits (all 12 are determined by a combination of their human parent and deity parent's traits) reflect their general stats (strength, health, defense, etc.), and magic ability (how attuned they are to the four different elements). Combined, those 8 stats determine which of your magic spells each particular member can use (the entire family shares the same list of magic spells, which you earn by assaulting dungeons).

The four elements are fire, wind, water, and earth. Fire magic is strictly for attacks. Wind magic carries status effects in addition to damage (often combined with fire). Water magic is for healing, and earth magic is for status buffs and debuffs. In battle, family members that share the same attack magic can combine their spells together to increase the damage exponentially (the same goes for special techniques, "ougis", that are passed down through teaching as children). Several spells are available outside of battle as well, and have different effects based on the user's stats (ex. the aforementioned speed spell can be used by anyone with the minimum req. for wind magic, but someone with a high wind stat will cause you to move super-fast).

The goal of the game is to defeat the demon that cursed your family, thus breaking the curse. You can only attack the demon's lair once, at the end of each year, so it will take tons of planning and several generations to complete a successful assault (in general, you will want four family members who have reached peak maturity to fight the final battle, rather than four newborns).

zulux21

? Just play the free + version.

I prefer owning my games physically and wouldn't mind clearing a gig off my memory card though. I plan to buy it physically at some point period just debating it $18 is low enough or if it will go lower.

also it was my way of letting people know it was on sale :p

The new PSN store is by far the biggest failure of a product I have ever encountered, it is just a massive collection of long waits and error messages. Getting anything at all done with it is a huge undertaking. I can't see this working well for Sony. Anyone working on this abomination should never ever admit it.

I just want to get my PS Plus games Sony, it is not rocket science.

Sky Chief

The new PSN store is by far the biggest failure of a product I have ever encountered, it is just a massive collection of long waits and error messages. Getting anything at all done with it is a huge undertaking. I can't see this working well for Sony. Anyone working on this abomination should never ever admit it.

I just want to get my PS Plus games Sony, it is not rocket science.

Really? It works great for me. I though the old one was terrible but the new one is fast and easy to use. I love it and I have been using it a lot in the last week.

Really? It works great for me. I though the old one was terrible but the new one is fast and easy to use. I love it and I have been using it a lot in the last week.

Was just getting my plus games and it crashed twice, errors out 4 times and was slow the entire time.

Toma

I know exactly why people complain. I had both experiences on the new store. When it works, its fantastic and is beautiful to navigate. When it doesnt, its highly aggravating. I assume it might be depending on the number of people accessing the store in certain regions at certain times?

Edit: Top of the page
Buy Uncarded! Only 5 bucks.
OT - click here

Was just getting my plus games and it crashed twice, errors out 4 times and was slow the entire time.

Yup, similar things happening here, every time. I'm trying to work up the courage to have another go...
EDIT: The Games section in the menu bar on the left almost never works.

Skyzard

Banned
Sine Mora is really fun actually, glad I picked it up - thanks Toma.

Planning on getting when vikings attack too, looks quite fun especially mp but when/if it's a bit cheaper.

Damn just read the declassified stuff..

Anyone think we will get a cod next year?

Well it sold pretty well for a vita title across Europe from what I saw (on the rankings)..

I'm hopeful.. especially with less of a time constraint..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom