• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiegel

well L2/R2 are just the heavy attack (and jumping attack) and parry,so I see them working with rear touchpad.

Edit: Buy Persona 4 Golden

Parry needs good timing, That'd be pretty hard to get right with the rear touch,.

But yeah, as Toma has said maybe moving the heavy attack and parry to the triangle/square buttons is enough.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Now I wonder if Vita's accessory terminal was for an add on that give Vita R2/L2 similar to the 3DS circle pad pro.

Ketch

As a new (newest?) vitabro, I'd like to chime in on the memory card issue.

I don't want to get a 32gb card but not solely because of the price. Mostly because 32gb just doesn't seem like it will be enough, and if I am going to spend that much on a memory upgrade I don't want to have to upgrade (or feel like I'm gonna have to upgrade) in a year or two anyway.

So for now my plan is to keep everything on my laptop and just transfer the 2 or 3 games I want to play to my 4gb card via USB, maybe this will actually help me play games to conclusion. If the price goes down a lot on the 32gb card or if they put out a 64gb card (even if it's ridiculously expensive) I may consider upgrading then.

Of course it did -- it was at least half the framerate.
And in motion at 60fps, MK looks fine. It's the pre-fight and post-fight closeups or screen captures where it looks bad.

gameplay > graphics, any day.

Yup!

And I agree...but the gameplay didnt see a significant increase from being 60 fps compared to NG+ or UMVC3 at 30fps.

Oh nice, already forgot about that.

Well I might finally rebuy Alundra/Wild Arms digitally. Anyone here interested in going through it together? Lets play- thread style?

Both are 5,99$ individually.

I have Alundra and am a dungeon or two in. I could pick it up again once you start playing. :p

And I agree...but the gameplay didnt see a significant increase from being 60 fps compared to NG+ or UMVC3 at 30fps.

UMvC3 is also 60fps. And if it wasn't, it wouldn't feel anything like the console versions.
I'm not saying you can't enjoy it, but for people who care, it *DOES* make a hell of a difference. As I just posted previously, I haven't bought NGS+ solely because of concerns regarding how the gameplay will *feel* for me after being used to 60fps on consoles.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have Alundra and am a dungeon or two in. I could pick it up again once you start playing. :p

Just to satisfy my curiosity, (Spoilertag it) what just happened in your game? Cant remember the sequence of the dungeons anymore.But yay, 2 people for a lets play thread. We shall make it the most glorious and extensive 2 poster discussion that has ever graced GAF :p

UMvC3 is also 60fps. And if it wasn't, it wouldn't feel anything like the console versions.
I'm not saying you can't enjoy it, but for people who care, it *DOES* make a hell of a difference. As I just posted previously, I haven't bought NGS+ solely because of concerns regarding how the gameplay will *feel* for me after being used to 60fps on consoles.

wait UMVC3 was 60 fps on vita? Link to this. I remember hearing it was 30 for the port.

also, hey its different for different people I guess. Most people cant tell the difference between 60 and 30 and even though I can most of the time it doesnt affect my gameplay experience.

zulux21

12/9, i thought.

Me too. It hasn't been cheap enough for me to bite with my concerns over 30fps.

according to the ps blog comments here by grace chen herself in post 36 it's the 6th. *double checked because I wasn't sure*

not that it matters to me, I didn't get anywhere near $60 on the psn, though I might get to $3 next week if the leaked deals from this week are there/real lol

wait UMVC3 was 60 fps on vita? Link to this. I remember hearing it was 30 for the port.

also, hey its different for different people I guess. Most people cant tell the difference between 60 and 30 and even though I can most of the time it doesnt affect my gameplay experience.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/13/deja-review-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-vita/

To my knowledge, SFxT, UMvC3, MK, and BBCSE are all 60fps.
Lumines/Rayman might be as well. Maybe Sony Smash too.
WipEout and NGS+ are 30.

according to the ps blog comments here by grace chen herself in post 36 it's the 6th. *double checked because I wasn't sure*

not that it matters to me, I didn't get anywhere near $60 on the psn, though I might get to $3 next week if the leaked deals from this week are there/real lol

Thanks! Hopefully I get mine soon.
Haven't heard of anyone getting theirs though yet.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, (Spoilertag it) what just happened in your game? Cant remember the sequence of the dungeons anymore.But yay, 2 people for a lets play thread. We shall make it the most glorious and extensive 2 poster discussion that has ever graced GAF :p

6 hours in.
I have a sword and an Iron Flail.
I have an Earth Scroll and Sand Cape.
I have Leather Armor and Long Boots.
Quick check of a couple people in town mention the beach and low tide.
I don't think any of those are real spoilers...
And I honestly have no idea what the story sequence was that last happened. Someone is mad at Alundra and blames him I think?

Skyzard

Banned
As a new (newest?) vitabro, I'd like to chime in on the memory card issue.

I don't want to get a 32gb card but not solely because of the price. Mostly because 32gb just doesn't seem like it will be enough, and if I am going to spend that much on a memory upgrade I don't want to have to upgrade (or feel like I'm gonna have to upgrade) in a year or two anyway.

So for now my plan is to keep everything on my laptop and just transfer the 2 or 3 games I want to play to my 4gb card via USB, maybe this will actually help me play games to conclusion. If the price goes down a lot on the 32gb card or if they put out a 64gb card (even if it's ridiculously expensive) I may consider upgrading then.

Welcome and good luck - I felt the same (need at least 64)..and I was with a 16GB but I recently gave up...I like to have a lot on though so maybe you'll manage it..

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
6 hours in.
I have a sword and an Iron Flail.
I have an Earth Scroll and Sand Cape.
I have Leather Armor and Long Boots.
Quick check of a couple people in town mention the beach and low tide.
I don't think any of those are real spoilers...
And I honestly have no idea what the story sequence was that last happened. Someone is mad at Alundra and blames him I think?

Ah, good. No, most of that arent real spoilers but better safe than sorry :)
But that means that the story about
background and how it affects the villagers
already started. I love the more grim tone of the game compared to the Zelda games especially. Its a bit unfortunate actually if people forget about the story while playing it. The characters in the village and their fate really grew on me, which affected me more than if I had completely forgotten what happened to them.

Makes it seem like the Lets Play thread is direly needed!

Defunkled

Could someone PLEASE help me with this? Since I bought All-Stars for the PS3, I'm trying to get the free Vita version on my Vita. EVERY TIME I try to download it, I get a "Could not download (C0-10932-5)" error. This isn't my screenshot, but it's the same error:
error02q.jpg

When I download it on my PS3 and try to copy it to my Vita, I get this error:
error01z.jpg

SO FRUSTRATING.

Toma

Could someone PLEASE help me with this? Since I bought All-Stars for the PS3, I'm trying to get the free Vita version on my Vita. EVERY TIME I try to download it, I get a "Could not download (C0-10932-5)" error. This isn't my screenshot, but it's the same error:
When I download it on my PS3 and try to copy it to my Vita, I get this error:

SO FRUSTRATING.
Are you trying to download the PS3 version? Was PSASBR Crossbuy? If you try to access the PS3 version on the Vita dl history store, you'll get a download error. If it was crossbuy, you could try downloading it from the store page instead of your dl history.

Defunkled

Are you downloading the PS3 version? PSASBR was crossbuy if you buy the PS3 one right? If you try to access the PS3 version on the Vita dl history store, you'll get a download error.

I'm 100% sure that I'm downloading the Vita version. Thanks, though.

Parry needs good timing, That'd be pretty hard to get right with the rear touch,.

But yeah, as Toma has said maybe moving the heavy attack and parry to the triangle/square buttons is enough.

What about differentiating between tapping the shoulder buttons and holding them? It's been a while since I last played and Souls game and I don't claim to be any expert so I can't think off-hand if there would be any input conflicts.

Tap - light attack/ parry
Hold - heavy attack / block

I think the pacing of DS's combat is deliberate enough to make that work.

Defunkled

What region are you in?
Stupid question: Is the psn ID on your vita the one which you redeemed the cross buy code on?
Did you delete the demo from your Vita first if it was installed?

I'm in the US. The PSN ID on my Vita is the same one I used to redeem the cross buy code. I never had a demo of All-Stars on my Vita prior to attempting the download.

Iacobellis

Now I wonder if Vita's accessory terminal was for an add on that give Vita R2/L2 similar to the 3DS circle pad pro.

Whoa, never thought about that one. Think about it, the back camera protrudes from the system and it is very noticeable. With the L2/R2 add-on, the camera would be flush with the system then.

Mondriaan

Whoa, never thought about that one. Think about it, the back camera protrudes from the system and it is very noticeable. With the L2/R2 add-on, the camera would be flush with the system then.
That would actually be a bad thing since it would make it more likely that you would stick your fingers on the lens. Not that it's a really great camera, but still.

zulux21

it seems that target will have the black ops vita bundle on "sale" with a if you buy it at $250 you get a $50 gift card, it also seems amazon has this as well.

finally it's being reported that some targets are willing to do this deal on the white asscreed bundle, so those looking to score a decent deal on a white vita could try your luck at target from now until the 8th.

atlantos

Neo Member
Quick question... I bought a US Vita (Assassin Creed bundle) from Amazon and I live in Australia.. I downloaded Music Unlimited from the PSN Store but it keep telling me the service is not available in my region. I know Music Unlimited is available in Australia. My Vita is logged into US PSN though... Is this the reason?

And you know how PS+ users are able to get music unlimited for $15 or something for the year... is that only available for US region?

I'm in the US. The PSN ID on my Vita is the same one I used to redeem the cross buy code. I never had a demo of All-Stars on my Vita prior to attempting the download.

I don't know then... just trying to cover anything I could think of that might make a difference.

Can you download other things? Or does everything give you that error?
Are you trying from the Sony Smash page in the Vita store or your DL history?
Try power-cycling your Vita?

Toma

I downloaded Music Unlimited from the PSN Store but it keep telling me the service is not available in my region. My Vita is logged into US PSN though... Is this the reason?

Yes.

vdlow

Bros, there's something happening with my Vita that I don't know if it is a problem or if it's meant to be this way.

My Vita is sleeping and charging. I press the PS button to turn it on. The lockscreen appears but the touch screen doesn't work. It only works if I unplug the charger, wait a minute and turn the screen on again. And if I reconnect the charger it still works, so the problem is turn on the screen with the charger connected.

Is it a normal?

Skyzard

Banned
Only other thing I can think of Defunkled - after restarting vita and trying - make sure to check you aren't using a DNS for netflix or anything.. - although strange that it wouldn't transfer from PS3 either..make sure you are currently signed in to the same account on the ps3 too.. otherwise might have to contact sony I think

@videtonator - try restarting vita (power on/off) and see if it still happens

Just installing Tokyo Jungle now, going to try it remote play from the get go..
--didn't work..maybe I need to launch it on ps3 first..

Toma

Bros, there's something happening with my Vita that I don't know if it is a problem or if it's meant to be this way.

My Vita is sleeping and charging. I press the PS button to turn it on. The lockscreen appears but the touch screen doesn't work. It only works if I unplug the charger, wait a minute and turn the screen on again. And if I reconnect the charger it still works, so the problem is turn on the screen with the charger connected.

Is it a normal?

Try powering your Vita completely down and restart (hold power button for long). If the problem persists, then yes, its not normal.

Had the rear-touchpad-not-working glitch for the first time last night. Simple power off/on fixed it of course. Only noticed it because I got to one of those spots in LBP on a level Ace run and couldn't "pop out" one of the grapple points from the wall lol..

Finished off the WipEout 2048 career, all Elite, so I've moved onto the old HD stuff now. Can't believe how good this game is. Especially considering I never really developed love for it on the PS3. Now I can't get enough.

Also (finally) got around to trying Uncharted after having the cardridge sitting around for almost two months. Wow. Touch controls for climbing and stuff are great. Looks wild.

So many games, so little time.

Multi Use PS ALL Stars pre-order costumes code that work for Vita and PS3.
2H2C-DQNF-5TM6
Go my vitabros! Even if you dont have the game and plan to get it use this if only for bistro toro.

US Only. Sorry guys.

zroid

Banned
2H2C-DQNF-5TM6
Go my vitabros! Even if you dont have the game and plan to get it use this if only for bistro toro.

TY! redeemed

Will probably get this game some time next year. Summer, I think.

It's total BS that iDevices can get games like Modern Combat 4 and we are stuck with BO: Declassified.

Despite its huge flaws BoD still plays better and feels better than the MC series.

Just to be clear I do play the MC series and do own BoD

MC games on vita would work better than they do on iOS android of course but they really do feel like cheaper games (textures, character models and so on). There is just something off about them.

Toma

2H2C-DQNF-5TM6

Neat, thanks.

Skyzard

Banned
If you live in Japan, yes. Otherwise, No. :/

-___- hmmph Sony...

Searched and it seemed it was announced to be coming in a patch for EU and NA a few months back

If any of you missed it, S&SASRT is back up for EU. - preparing to download :)

Iacobellis

Despite its huge flaws BoD still plays better and feels better than the MC series.

Just to be clear I do play the MC series and do own BoD

MC games on vita would work better than they do on iOS android of course but they really do feel like cheaper games (textures, character models and so on). There is just something off about them.

I played MC2 and for a game from 2010, it plays smoother than Declassified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom