• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

wilflare

Never played the PSP version but from the looks of it, yes. Toki Island is there as well as the medal challenges.

Top of the page recommendations:

Dragon Fantasy Book I (Book II comes out in August or September)
DiveKick
Stealth Inc
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD when that comes out next week
Persona 4 Golden ($20 on PSN)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time ($20 at GS and Amazon)

darn.. I'm tempted to get Sly Cooper... the PS3 version gives a Download Voucher for the Vita version?

TheCro

Neo Member
Finally got around to playing the vita port of R&C: Full Frontal Assault. I enjoyed the game itself despite how short it was and how 2 of the levels are rehashed, but holy shit this port is ass. We waited so long for this?

Wait..did someone say August was a drought? There's Dragon's Crown FFS!

Such an awesome game! The game I've been waiting for since....Mystara.

CodytheHero

Neo Member
I love my vita to death. But I really need more games to play on it.
I'll even take PS2 ports honestly (hell I'd love it).
I've just beaten pretty much everything I have for it.

nampad

Wait..did someone say August was a drought? There's Dragon's Crown FFS!

Such an awesome game! The game I've been waiting for since....Mystara.

Maybe that certain someone is European ;(
Hope those indie games get released at least. Dying to play Runner 2 and Luftrausers.

EMT0

Banned
Guys, how would I go about backing up my Vita save data onto my PC? I'm trying to do that myself and the only options I see are to copy the entire game onto my PC. The hell?

sajj316

Finally got around to playing the vita port of R&C: Full Frontal Assault. I enjoyed the game itself despite how short it was and how 2 of the levels are rehashed, but holy shit this port is ass. We waited so long for this?

I'm still waiting on Sony to give us a proper R&C on the Vita. FFA can go to port hell along with Jak and Daxter collection.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
GTA3 and Vice City are on sale for 3$ until the 30th (on Google Play), so I picked them up. Played for a bit. Wished I was using buttons instead of smearing my fingers all over the screen.

What's up, Shahid.

ZeroAKA

GTA3 and Vice City are on sale for 3$ until the 30th (on Google Play), so I picked them up. Played for a bit. Wished I was using buttons instead of smearing my fingers all over the screen.

What's up, Shahid.
I don't understand how people play those GTA games. The controls are horrible, even by mobile standards.

Just got my $10 copy of Lumines in. I wasn't a big fan of the PSP one, but I thought I should give it another try.

I got mine the other day. I never played the psp version, but I am enjoying the Vita ver. Fun puzzler, I find myself getting crazy lucky many a time to eek my way to next song. Love finding out who I'll unlock next.

AmanoBuff

Just a heads up. The Kickstarter of LIEGE just crossed the Vita stretch goal and WILL be coming to Vita. So if anyone was on the fence of funding, it is a pretty safe investment now.

Liege Kickstarter page

I really like what I've seen of the game so far, especially the short description of it by the developer:

tl;dr: War epic for grown folk. Think more GoT, less FFXIII- in RPG form!

Some images for those who want to check it out.

NXBXU93.png

GZtg69g.jpg

Massa

darn.. I'm tempted to get Sly Cooper... the PS3 version gives a Download Voucher for the Vita version?

Just to be pedantic, it's not a voucher. You need a PS3 to put the disc in and select the disc benefits option. From there you'll get the Vita version associated with your PSN account.

Thought it was worth mentioning since some people don't have a PS3.

Guys, how would I go about backing up my Vita save data onto my PC? I'm trying to do that myself and the only options I see are to copy the entire game onto my PC. The hell?

Buy PS+.
Another reason it's worth it -- it's the only way to back up ONLY your save file.

You can use a work around with Content Manager. where you can cancel the backup operation after it copies the save file to your PC (and you copy it out of the directory) but if you do this, you still need to back up the whole game first to restore it.

Just to be pedantic, it's not a voucher. You need a PS3 to put the disc in and select the disc benefits option. From there you'll get the Vita version associated with your PSN account.

Thought it was worth mentioning since some people don't have a PS3.

True. But if you're interested in cross-buy, odds are, you have a PS3... ;)
I just bought the digital versions of both games so I got the digital Vita versions free.

nampad

Oh shit...really? when is it launching for EU region? Shucks...sorry EU guys.

Atlus wasn't launching it at all over here. Luckily, NISA picked up the publishing rights and announced it a week or so ago. There isn't a release date, they just said fall.

Muramasa on the other hand still has no publisher.

Robertto

Neo Member
yeah i actually love the fifa games on vita, prolly my most played titles, I know some people bitched about the lack of changes, but at its core it is a really awesome game.

nampad

Is FIFA 13(digital) worth it @ $14 on GS.com?

Is it a good port and decent multiplayer, if any?

Only tried online thrice and all games were very laggy.
Game misses all of the important new gameplay features introduced in the last two years like tactical defending and impact engine but it is still the best handheld/mobile football you can get. The Fifa core gameplay is just as fun.

The yearly update will arrives soon though. I wouldn't buy it anymore and just wait for the new version.

Just curious if the new FIFA for VITA is actually bringing any meaningful change or is just a roster update. I am not a die hard FIFA fan but only play it occasionally. Would love to have a handheld title that i can play a few matches either online/offline. If FIFA 14 is just a simple roster update for FIFA 13, i don't see the reason to buy the new FIFA 14 instead of getting FIFA 13 for cheap.

Just curious if the new FIFA for VITA is actually bringing any meaningful change or is just a roster update. I am not a die hard FIFA fan but only play it occasionally. Would love to have a handheld title that i can play a few matches either online/offline. If FIFA 14 is just a simple roster update for FIFA 13, i don't see the reason to buy the new FIFA 14 instead of getting FIFA 13 for cheap.

Yeah. I'm wondering about this too. I'm willing to put money on it being the same game though. Its what they've done with the wii and ps2 versions.

I have FIFA 13 and I probably play it more than the ps3 game since I can play a match or two before bed game is a lot of fun and runs better than that crappy madden demo I tried.

sajj316

Does anyone know what's been added to the Vita version of FIFA 14? 13 to me was a cash grab.

let's get a room going tonight.

8:30 EST work for everyone?

we can hit up the 3rd animal club

BTW i'm all about easy mode. i find i shoot way better in easy mode than in normal mode. i really think it makes the game more enjoyable.

Boogers! I saw this too late 😒 I would be down for some tomorrow (Thursday); I'd be free just about all evening after 5:30pm EDT or so for some action on the links. What say you, and other golfing gaffers?

Using easy mode is a great way to relax more when doing the harder courses, or to learn the layouts and set ups better. We all know how easy it is to rage when you get a WH or OB on the 18th when you are only up by one...😤 Truly maddening, but I guess that's the sport.

I feel I've gotten pretty lucky lately. It took me forever, but I finally beat and crowned all the gold challenges. I just completed the 18 hole Legacy of Golf tourney (6-5, where some of my best shots hve come from too😬) today. The funny thing is, for however long it took me to get first place in every stinking gold challenge, when I actually did, that was the time I fulfilled the crown requirements. I got 2 without even knowing what I did! Now, to crown the rest of the challenges. I'm about halfway done. At least the harder ones are done, till I get dem platinum challenges 😑

let's get a room going tonight.

8:30 EST work for everyone?

we can hit up the 3rd animal club lobby?

i'd love to see that page someone posted.

BTW i'm all about easy mode. i find i shoot way better in easy mode than in normal mode. i really think it makes the game more enjoyable.
Darn didnt see this as it was the laast post on the page... Woulda def been in , maybe late tomorrow night. 10-11 est?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I played the first few hours of P3P it felt really repetitive. Does it get better?

More mechanics gets introduced over the course of the game. More persona combination options, the ability to craft weapons, social links etc. more interesting skill cards and all this, but it really depends on how much you like jrpgs. Jrpgs are in their nature, repetitive (like a lot of other genres), so if you think it is getting repetitive in the first few hows already, maybe this genre is not for you. Mind you, P3P may take upwards of 70 to 90 hours to complete.

Is there any real benefits of owning a 3G Vita? I've read that online gaming isn't that good on 3G, so what else can you do?. Just curious as I'm a non-3G Vita owner.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Is there any real benefits of owning a 3G Vita? I've read that online gaming isn't that good on 3G, so what else can you do?. Just curious as I'm a non-3G Vita owner.

Most games don't support 3G gaming, so the primary benefit is GPS maps and web surfing, which isn't important for games at all.

Top Bottom