• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Gvaz

Banned
Why is a Wii U version coming?

Because it's a console, not a handheld. Like it or not, but smartphones cut into the handheld market sales. I'd like to say it's usually out of ignorance or bad taste.

Also the Wii U is newer so it's easier for investors to go "well it could curve up with all these new wii u games that are going to curve up!" whereas the vita has had like 2 years.

Because it's a console, not a handheld. Like it or not, but smartphones cut into the handheld market sales. I'd like to say it's usually out of ignorance or bad taste.

Also the Wii U is newer so it's easier for investors to go "well it could curve up with all these new wii u games that are going to curve up!" whereas the vita has had like 2 years.

You realise it's been 1 year and 4 months right? It's only 7ish months older than the wii u.

Stop trolling lol

VanWinkle

What? Who cares if it's a console or handheld? Numbers are numbers. Vita has more units out in the wild than Wii U.

breakfuss

6rE8OuW.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYM1Ay6R8M

srsly fuck you namco..

vitabro or not, that's funny as hell! Would have used a .gif, but I guess the wound is still fresh for some of you.

VanWinkle

I'm not, but that is the general consensus so uh...

I can see I'm talking to a wall here, so I'll stop.

Wait, you can answer my question, can't you?

I think you seem a little scared that we're smarter than the Youtube comments you've been replying to.

vitabro or not, that's funny as hell! Would have used .gif, but I guess the wound is still fresh for some of you.

What was the funny part?

Sol1dus

It's not that big of a deal. They said something shitty and I would guess YouTube comments aren't their main duties. Maybe an apology but if nothing else they should delete the comment. Namco has DBZ on the way in the West for the Vita, not to mention Wii U games which has an install base just as shitty. I'm sure they'll delete the thing.

I ain't even mad about the non-vita support part. It's about professionalism.

What? Who cares if it's a console or handheld? Numbers are numbers. Vita has more units out in the wild than Wii U.

Does the Vita have any games post-Killzone or Tearaway? I guess God of War 1 & 2 HD Collection, but does anyone want that? I sure don't. At least I have PSP and PSOne games to play, I guess (although I still can't play the Crash or Spyro trilogies and it looks like I never will be able to). Future titles are going to significantly impact the install base and publishers probably look at it to determine where to put their games.

Vita has more numbers now but I would hazard a guess that is likely to change after this holiday. Especially outside of Japan. The U.S. is the only market that is relevant to this particular game, too, which should probably be reason enough for you to understand why this particular game is not coming to Vita.

Why is a Wii U version coming?

Because the target audience of the game is more likely to have a Nintendo console. The same reason why the first Adventure Time game was on the DS and 3DS and not the Vita.

B.O.O.M

I never watched the series but I'm supposing he's making an Adventure Time reference. It's a bad pun though...

I think he is just trying to be 'funny' and fails. I have no issue with someone saying a game is not coming to a system (I mean it's adventure time :S I really don't give a crap even if it comes to vita) but responses like this irks me.

I mean software sales wise vita is doing rather well. Why take a dig at it..especially when games like God Eater 2 will most likely come over to the west.

Really?

REALLY?

This fucking website..

Care to tell me what they are if what I said is so outrageous? The indie support is great! But they don't fulfill the same role as big retail games like Killzone and Tearaway. I really enjoy my Vita. But I don't see anything in the future beyond those two games except for God of War 1 & 2 HD Collection, a port of a game that itself is a re-release of two older games.

Care to tell me what they are if what I said is so outrageous? The indie support is great! But they don't fulfill the same role as big retail games like Killzone and Tearaway. I really enjoy my Vita. But I don't see anything in the future beyond those two games except for God of War 1 & 2 HD Collection, a port of a game that itself is a re-release of two older games.

Brace yourself sir.
To answer your question there's also Batman if that counts

B.O.O.M

Oh no, what you said wasn't 'outrageous' at all. Nope. It's not our job to educate you on the upcoming line up..stop being lazy, spend a few minutes and do the research yourself and spare us from these stupid comments

That isn't what you wrote.

You wrote that the only game releasing after killzone/tearaway is GOW

As if no other games are in development and cancelled.

Oh hey lets play a game!

What comes out for ps3 that's announced next year?

Same for 360?

Hmm I see a pattern..

btkadams

are there really that many vita games we know to be coming in 2014 and beyond? i'd be curious to know if anyone can make a list. i seem to be out of the loop. i'm not talking about obvious ones like gravity rush 2 and the next bend game, but actual announced games. i'm not understanding the drama at what carpe said.

That isn't what you wrote.

You wrote that the only game releasing after killzone/tearaway is GOW

As if no other games are in development and cancelled.

If you take what I said literally and not as a way to say "big retail games coming from Sony (or third parties)" (which I thought was obvious, but I guess I struck some nerves here)

B.O.O.M

...Oh, c'mon. Really? It was a joke. Done in poor taste, but a joke nonetheless. Would you have preferred the same PR spin we always get? I'm sure they'll return to that next go around.

No need for PR. It's a youtube comment, they can easily not respond. Or be honest, and say they don't feel it's the right audience for their games. It's not really hard

are there really that many vita games we know to be coming in 2014 and beyond? i'd be curious to know if anyone can make a list. i seem to be out of the loop. i'm not talking about obvious ones like gravity rush 2 and the next bend game, but actual announced games. i'm not understanding the drama at what carpe said.

Repeating myself apologies -

What games officially announced release on ps3 or 360 next year?

We are only just half way through 2013. People aren't going to be hyping games over 8 months away

jwk94

Honestly, both of you bring up good points. What games are coming to current gen and Vita next year? Hell, what's coming to 3DS? All I know of is Smash Bros.

Shinriji

Dangan Ronpa and Demon Gaze in 2014. Maybe Sorcery Saga.

btkadams

i see your point, but it's also the end of the generation. if you asked us 2 or 3 years ago that same question, there would definitely be a list.

and i'm not meaning to cause drama (not saying you thought i was). i was genuinely curious if we knew of any 2014 releases.

Freedom Wars...

ah forgot about those!

If you take what I said literally and not as a way to say "big retail games coming from Sony (or third parties)" (which I thought was obvious, but I guess I struck some nerves here)

Yeah that's how I read it. There isn't a ton announced yet but we're still waiting on TGS and Gamescom I think.

i see your point, but it's also the end of the generation. if you asked us 2 or 3 years ago that same question, there would definitely be a list.

You'd be surprised. Games are generally announced around 6-4 months before release or sometimes much earlier then disappear.

For instance a big game for next gen this year - battlefield 4. Announced in spring, release in winter. So if stuff comes out say spring next year, won't be announced till autumn this year.

Obviously not the same or every game but we have Gamescom and TGS left for western/eastern games

If there's nothing announced by the end if the year? Then yeah... Ill agree happily

btkadams

How come the Wii U version of Angry Birds is $50? PS360/Vita $40.

you pay extra for off-tv play. can you even imagine how awesome it will be to play angry birds on your lap while someone else uses the tv?!

fuck activision/rovio for those ridiculous prices. i wouldn't buy it anyway, since i own the first one on my iphone (got it for free), but as a wii u owner, FUCK THAT.

Skyzard

Banned
Killzone: Mercenary
Tearaway
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
GoW 1+2
The Walking Dead
Freedom Wars

And like a million indies.

Well that's what I remember from what's already announced. Should expect a couple more at the least, for not too far away :)

$10 more for the risk

On a serious note I have no idea. It really doesn't make any sense

:S I was thinking that as well... OR:

you pay extra for off-tv play. can you even imagine how awesome it will be to play angry birds on your lap while someone else uses the tv?!

fuck activision/rovio for those ridiculous prices. i wouldn't buy it anyway, since i own the first one on my iphone (got it for free), but as a wii u owner, FUCK THAT.

I know you were joking but yeah lol, I think one of those two things.

And yes, that Namco rep inadvertently (stupidly) pissed off quite a few fans :p

We are only just half way through 2013. People aren't going to be hyping games over 8 months away

Are you actually comparing the Vita to two consoles that are on their way out and will probably only get yearly releases from here on out?

Honestly, both of you bring up good points. What games are coming to current gen and Vita next year? Hell, what's coming to 3DS? All I know of is Smash Bros.

Current gen will probably get sports games and I would guess stuff like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty while the market transition takes place. 3DS has, I guess, Yoshi's Island and Mario Golf (the difference here though is Nintendo has shown itself - at least recently - to be dedicated to the 3DS platform which I haven't exactly seen from Sony recently)

Yeah that's how I read it. There isn't a ton announced yet but we're still waiting on TGS and Gamescom I think.

Well, my problem with that is before E3 we were waiting for that as well - and we got some f2p game and God of War 1 & 2 HD Collection. So, now we have to wait for the next conferences in line. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I just don't have much confidence in the platform after E3 because it showed me literally nothing after hyping it up. TGS will probably have some stuff for Japan, I guess, but I'm always skeptical about how much is brought over

This is basically my point. Although...

Freedom Wars...

Looks rather neat.

Are you actually comparing the Vita to two consoles that are on their way out and will probably only get yearly releases from here on out?.

Yeah wasn't the best example but I couldn't use next gen as that's a unique case where they have to show off next years games since they launch so close to the end of this year

Well I guess compare it to 3ds?

I think there are 3 confirmed games for 2014, and Nintendo don't announce games at trade shows anymore - Sony do. Especially vita at gamescom + tgs

btkadams

You'd be surprised. Games are generally announced around 6-4 months before release or sometimes much earlier then disappear.

For instance a big game for next gen this year - battlefield 4. Announced in spring, release in winter. So if stuff comes out say spring next year, won't be announced till autumn this year.

Obviously not the same or every game but we have Gamescom and TGS left for western/eastern games

If there's nothing announced by the end if the year? Then yeah... Ill agree happily
i know the window from announcement to release is typically short, but there are still some games always announced way out in advance. for example, we know that titanfall is coming to 360 and xbox one next fall. there are numerous coming out next year for ps4/xbo/3ds/wiiu that we know of.

i know there is plenty of time left in the year or even in 2014 to announce 2014 releases though, so i'm not really worried, especially with the 2014 vita games people have mentioned in this thread just now. i hope we hear a lot more at gamescom. it'd be far out to announce a fall 2014 release (although they have done that before), but we need vita games early in the year too.

i know the window from announcement to release is typically short, but there are still some games always announced way out in advance. for example, we know that titanfall is coming to 360 and xbox one next fall. there are numerous coming out next year for ps4/xbo/3ds/wiiu that we know of.

i know there is plenty of time left in the year or even in 2014 to announce 2014 releases though, so i'm not really worried, especially with the 2014 vita games people have mentioned in this thread just now. i hope we hear a lot more at gamescom. it'd be far out to announce a fall 2014 release (although they have done that before), but we need vita games early in the year too.

Now that I can agree on :)

I keep a list of announced Vita games over on Giant Bomb.

EDIT: Ah, I see someone already posted it. Thanks! :)

Tiops

I have to say, I want to play a lot of those upcoming releases for Vita. I was thinking that I wouldn't have much to play in the coming months, but apparently I'm really wrong. Awesome :D

Gvaz

Banned
Killzone: Mercenary
Tearaway
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
GoW 1+2
The Walking Dead
Freedom Wars

And like a million indies.

Well that's what I remember from what's already announced. Should expect a couple more at the least, for not too far away :)
While I want a vita part of my problem is that:

1. i don't really care about franchises
2. Only thing in that list I'll buy is FFX/x2 and I doubt I'll play them because FF games aren't any fun anymore unless you cheat the shit out of all the tedious/shitty elements (like grinding for drops or whatever, aint no one got time for that)
3. I'd play some of those....If I never paid a cent for them. Like my interest in them stops where I have to pay money for them.
4. I also don't want shitty shovelware indie games either.

So right now only things I'm interested in on the vita are:
Various psn games or ports of older games which I'm in no rush to play
various rpg games that arent action games
racing games, is there any other than wipeout? Other than P4G all the games I might have bought are right there for free in my PS+ account. If I didn't have that, I'd be buying a PSV for....P4G. Maybe Disgaea. Other than some non "vita" titles, that's literally all that interests me right now in terms of paying money to obtain games that are never on sale or are hardly ever on paltry sales.

What am I interested in that is not out from now until the end of the third quarter:
valhalla knights 3, (maybe) rainbow moon and dragon fantasy, Atelier Meruru Plus maybe but it's a little anime for me.

I mean sure, there are games, there are things to buy. But the large majority is shit I'd never touched unless it was free, like God of War or killzone (fps on a handheld? fuck that).

Top Bottom