• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Value Packs Coming To Hong Kong, Asian Uncharted: Golden Abyss to have English

Takao

Banned
Just Push Start:

Starting on November 26th you can preorder a Vita value pack. You can find them for sale on Sony’s official website or HMV (has international shipping). The packs will include a game with some bonus items. You can get Uncharted Golden Abyss, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (3G only) and for another 100 HK you can get Dynasty Warriors Next. In addition you will get a 4 gb memory card, but that’s not all. You will also get an accessory pack.

The wifi bundle will cost 2,880 HK ($379 USD*) or 2,980 HK for Dynasty Warriors. If you’re interested in the 3G model you can get either bundle for 3,380 HK ( $434 USD*).

Uncharted Golden Abyss (Asia) Supports English

When gamers found out Japan/Asia were getting the Vita early, many were wondering if they should just import it. Considering the system was region free with Uncharted Golden Abyss coming out at release, it just made sense. Many were unsure if they would get the Japanese version of Uncharted or would it support both languages. According to the press release by Sony Asia yesterday over the bundles, they had something interesting to say about Uncharted. According to the release the game is listed as “Chi / Eng Version”, meaning the game should be extremely import friendly.

And thus the imports began.

- J - D -

I care, Takao. :)

So, for that extra HK 100 (what is that, $15-20) you get a bundle that includes a game of your choice AND Dynasty Warriors? Not a bad deal.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I should bold everything in quotes.

Yes, Vita is region-free. ;p

Many people even in Gaf still don't know if PS3 is region free..so..yeah poor Takao be ready for years and years of reposting that fact over and over again.

So;

Wifi Vita
UC: Golden Abyss
UMVC3
4GB mem stick

for $379? -- Is this a premium price (i.e. above what it will cost when it comes out in America in February)? It seems like it's actually a deal

Also, what about the cradle? Is that in the "accessory pack"?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Isn't customs being super-douchey about letting anything with a lithium ion battery through lately?

klee123

Isn't customs being super-douchey about letting anything with a lithium ion battery through lately?

That's just Japan. Shouldn't be an issue from Hong Kong.

So;

Wifi Vita
UC: Golden Abyss
UMVC3
4GB mem stick

for $379? -- Is this a premium price (i.e. above what it will cost when it comes out in America in February)? It seems like it's actually a deal

Also, what about the cradle? Is that in the "accessory pack"?

Don't think you get both games. You choose either one with the Vita and the 4GB memory stick.

edit: Reading comprehension fail. Looks like you get both games if you buy the 3G model.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sheeeeit.... may just preorder this...

EDIT: Possible the 3G version would work fine in the States if I needed to? I'm assuming GPS would work regardless.

$h@d0w

I might preorder, but HMV is usually pretty overpriced in Hong Kong.

I am wondering if I should hold off and get one on launch with a better deal...

Mandoric

Banned
It's pretty terribly written, but it looks like:

$2880: UC/WiFi bundle
$2980: DW/Wifi bundle
$3380: UC/3G bundle
$3380: MvC/3G bundle
(maybe) $3380: DW/3G bundle

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
November 26.

But where could one outside hong kong preorder this for import purposes? :p I mean, when the 26th rolls around...

That Uncharted Bundle is fantastic value, if you could actually get it at face value (lol) I mean, Vita + Uncharted + 4GB card + accessory pack = €280 ...

Takao

Banned
But where could one outside hong kong preorder this for import purposes? :p I mean, when the 26th rolls around...

The OP does give HMV as an example of a retailer with international shipping that'll be carrying this release. ;) I've never used HMV HK before, so I can't comment on if you'll get your Vita this year, lol.

Play-Asia is also based in Hong Kong, but given their huge markups on Japanese Vita units, I doubt they'll be carrying these.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
MikeE21286 said:
for $379? -- Is this a premium price (i.e. above what it will cost when it comes out in America in February)?
HK prices in USD are right now squarely in between what was announced in Japan and US so far. I wouldn't expect bundle pricing to translate so neatly between territories though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The OP does give HMV as an example of a retailer with international shipping that'll be carrying this release. ;) I've never used HMV HK before, so I can't comment on if you'll get your Vita this year, lol.

If they'll definitely ship outside of HK, this could be a sweet deal.

And yeah, I expect Play Asia will just ignore this. Which may mean I'll ignore them :p

NateDrake

The price alone fine, but if with shipping it runs over $400 then screw it. I can wait 6+ weeks for Vita to release in USA.

Jarmel

Banned
EDIT: Possible the 3G version would work fine in the States if I needed to? I'm assuming GPS would work regardless.

I've been trying to get a solid answer for the past couple of months and the best I've been able to find out is "Likely". You would probably just have to switch SIM cards.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've been trying to get a solid answer for the past couple of months and the best I've been able to find out is "Likely". You would probably just have to switch SIM cards.
I'm still worried, it depends what band the 3G radio is.

For example, with an iPhone, 3G will work fine with AT&T but not with T-Mobile when you switch SIMs.

gembel

will it also be sold in SIngapore?? or is it HK only in December??

i guess ill have to preorder from HMV.. Uncharted pack and DW pack

dallow_bg

nods at old men
From www.hmv.co.hk

games-ps_vita_preorder_full_b.jpg

So 7 hours from now.

MRORANGE

just realized the site does not sell consoles/handhelds just games, does that mean the vita will be locked from purchase for non HK buyers?

also looking at the currency reate the HK price is amazingly cheap.

vercity82

It's hammered can't get a look in 3.10am in UK just let me in dammit lol.Looking like all hong kong server are down cannot seem to log onto anything I have a gap wifi wanted a 3G model ut looks like may just wake up in 7hours and hope there still taking orders.

x3sphere

I got the main page to load and it's still the same as before... seems like they haven't even added it yet, though I haven't been able to do a search.

jkh13

Neo Member
Both sites are pretty unresponsive, I proxied through a HK server to connect and its the same over there so it seems like its bad for everyone...

btw it looks like the HMV preorders are over. I got a page saying promotion over after 20mins of refreshing.

Btw I don't think they ship international. It's likely to be online preorder, instore pickup.

Promotion over dont mean anything I think, they say to check back soon, maybe they'll have it by then.

I mean, how can the pre orders be over when NO ONE can access the god damn site?!

x3sphere

Promotion over dont mean anything I think, they say to check back soon, maybe they'll have it by then.

I mean, how can the pre orders be over when NO ONE can access the god damn site?!

I agree I started trying to access the site at 11:01 am HK time and it was completely unresponsive, I can't see how anyone got their order to go through

EDIT: site seems completely dead now, times out.

Top Bottom