• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC conducting open product Beta for PS4/XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just got this email from VMC, if any of you are interested.

Hi everyone,

We’re doing something completely new for the GBTN program starting next week, on both Xbox One and PlayStation®4, for which we’ll lift many temporary bans and invite many new testers aboard.

The next project will be available to play throughout the week next week, without a schedule, instructions or obligations – it’s basically the same deal as an open beta, but exclusive to our community and bound by the NDA. There are no compensations offered for this project as it’ll be a “play when you want” deal. Just log in and have fun!

Vouchers will be distributed Monday and the Beta will open from Tuesday to Saturday. Those who haven’t signed an NDA or Addendum yet will be sent one today, please sign and return it as soon as possible in order to receive your code!

We hope you enjoy this new opportunity; you’re welcome to send us feedback concerning your experience during or after the beta week.

Update:
They are still taking sign-ups for all interested!

here's the link again for those who want to sign up

https://www.vmc.com/games/Pages/Multiplayer-Gamers-for-AAA-Titles.aspx

A closed beta for the crew starts on the 30th, I'd bet that's all this is.

Also, pretty sure you're breaking your NDA by posting that email.

EDIT: The crew beta happening is public knowledge

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
If you sign up keep in mind you're under NDA and they've been going after people who break it.

Well, why would you?

I personally havent gotten asked to do shit yet. I signed the NDA but the PS4 tests came and went and I got nothing.
A closed beta for the crew starts on the 30th, I'd bet that's all this is.

Also, pretty sure you're breaking your NDA by posting that email.

EDIT: The crew beta happening is public knowledge

What's so sensitive about the info in that email? It doesn't divulge anything specific. Its simply a heads up.

Is it confirmed to be The Crew? If so what's the NDA breakage?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I doubt its The Crew beta since that's for people who also applied on the website and it's public. Be shitty if Ubisoft changed it. This beta is open but exclusive to VMC as it seems.

Could be Evolve, Assassins Creed Unity or Far Cry 4.

Akai__

Signed up in February, still haven't got anything, except the welcome E-Mail.

Makes me wonder, if they are even doing PC tests. Maybe this will change, once I get my Xbox One. :/

impact

Banned
Never got paid for the test I did so I just said fuck it to the rest of them. Being forced to play bad games and not get paid is no fun.

atomsk

Party Pooper
"no compensations"

So why is it under NDA or somehow different than the closed beta stuff companies do outside of VMC?

In any case it's kinda fucked up I signed up for the VMC shit day one and they never sent an NDA, but now they want free testers and they send one.

bidguy

Banned
cool. hopefully its not the same game as last time.

edit: lol no payment ? has to be a really good game then

Never got paid for the test I did so I just said fuck it to the rest of them. Being forced to play bad games and not get paid is no fun.
I only got paid for one so far. They really do take their sweet time paying and they like having their test at annoying hours(1am est)
But hey I get to play games so that's cool

Trace

Banned

You might want to contact them about that. I got paid just fine for the last one I did, it just takes awhile.

Robbit

Banned
"no compensations"

So why is it under NDA or somehow different than the closed beta stuff companies do outside of VMC?

In any case it's kinda fucked up I signed up for the VMC shit day one and they never sent an NDA, but now they want free testers and they send one.
I'm in the same boat, but I don't see what the problem is. Maybe it'll be a stress test of sorts.

I signed up out of curiosity. Done almost every Alpha & Beta (Closed & Open) since PS2. If I don't like it, I'll never do it again. We'll have to wait and see if I get chosen or not.

impact

Banned
It took forever for me to get paid by them. Did they not reply to your email or something?

They did and said I attended it and everything. Just never got anything my paypal, and I know it was supposed to be 90 days after the test but its been way more than that. Not a big deal, I just won't waste my time anymore. Was a cool experience I guess.

BiGBoSSMk23

^ explain ?

I kinda want it to be Unity, just to get my hands on proper current gen AssCreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom