• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volcanoes vs. Creationists - Ebert speaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a requirement, but just about everyone with a brain believes in science, equal rights and helping their fellow man. Sort of excludes a lot of republicans.

Boogie

Foreign Jackass said:
Why is it that everyone I admire is a liberal without me even knowing about it? Is being smart exclusive to liberals?

You admire Roger Ebert? Do you read his reviews? ;P

Boogie said:
You admire Roger Ebert? Do you read his reviews? ;P
I do. I agree with him roughly 70% of the time (positive-negative, not the ratings). And well, he writes incredibly well. That's better than anyone here.

calder

Foreign Jackass said:
I do. I agree with him roughly 70% of the time (positive-negative, not the ratings). And well, he writes incredibly well. That's better than anyone here.
I agree, Ebert is one of the few film critics who's review I enjoy reading whether his opinion about the movie in question agrees with mine or not.

Azih

Ebert's fine. His opinions are totally random at times though. (The reason he didn't like Zoolander for example was pretty out there).

So the Pope even believes in evolution?

I mean jeez, if when your religious views make the Vatican look progressive, you know you really need to wake up and smell the 21st century (well, the 20th century at least).

Pellham

Banned
Well catholics in general believe in evolution. It's only protestants predominately in the US that don't believe in it.

Anyway I have a lot of respect for Ebert because he's a great writer and knows how to express his opinions. In reality, I probably agree with very few of his reviews (this is a guy who gave 3.5 stars to Spawn and gave scorching negative reviews of Fight Club and The Usual Suspects). I also like how he's an anime fan.

way more

calder said:
I agree, Ebert is one of the few film critics who's review I enjoy reading whether his opinion about the movie in question agrees with mine or not.

That's why I like him. Even if he totally pans a movie or outright hates it you can still judge from the review if you would enjoy it.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Hitokage said:
Ebert gave Oldboy 4 stars, so he can't be all bad. ;)
Although I appreciate the sheer strength of the film, I thought it kinda sucked. A bit too out there. The theme of the movie was not quite strong enough to support the incredibly strange premise. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom