• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait.... Mass Effect 3 DLC on PC is STILL 50 €? Is this a joke?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So for the last 2 months I've finally been doing a complete Mass Effect playthrough (I wanted to do this like forever) on PC and I've just kinda hit a brick wall because after wrapping up ME2 last weekend I wanted to start ME3 tomorrow. So I buy ME3 on Origin, click on "Extra Content" and go like...

woah.gif

How the hell does the single player DLC combined still cost 50 EUR? Or am I missing something? Is there any way to get this stuff for reasonable prices?

I mean, I would really like to wrap up my complete walkthrough and it's not like I can't afford it but I really have a hard time justifying it to myself to pay this much for that old ass stuff.

A post I made last month.

I was able to get the Mass Effect Trilogy for $5 off of PSN a while ago.

In terms of DLC the PS3 version comes with Bring Down the Sky but Pinnacle Station is not available because the source files are corrupted.

The PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 comes with Kasumi: Stolen Memory, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. The only story DLC missing seems to be Arrival.

For Mass Effect 3 I got Omega for free, got From Ashes and Leviathan for $5 each and Citadel for $7.50.

I think that only leaves Arrival for $7 missing in terms of DLC with actual missions correct? Any of the other DLC worth it? At this point I don't think they'll be a sale for Arrival but everything for $29.50 still seems okay.

I got three games for $5. For the third game I spent $17.50 on DLC.

[$17.50/($5/3)] x 100% = 1050%

So for Mass Effect 3 I spent 1050% of what I paid for the game itself on its DLC or over 10 times as much.

BasilZero

Yep, I paid about that much.

ME2 Digital Deluxe Edition = $7.50
ME2 All Story DLCs = $40

ME3 Digital Deluxe Edition = $10
ME3 All Story DLCs = $50

Does DLC ever drop down price? like permanently, not sales. I feel like they should.

Isn't Battlefield 3 premium pass like $50 still while the game is bargain bin level now?

A post I made last month.

I got three games for $5. For the third game I spent $17.50 on DLC.

[$17.50/($5/3)] x 100% = 1050%

So for Mass Effect 3 I spent 1050% of what I paid for the game itself on its DLC or over 10 times as much.

Were they on sale? Mass Effect DLC goes on sale on PSN occasionally. PC version has the Bioware Points stuff which never goes on sale.

Does DLC ever drop down price? like permanently, not sales. I feel like they should.

Isn't Battlefield 3 premium pass like $50 still while the game is bargain bin level now?
At least on European PSN store BF3 Premium is €20 now. Battlefield 4's is still full price though.

Dang. I had just gotten the Trilogy on PC and as soon as I opened the Origin app I realized that I completely forgot to take the DLC into account.

D'oh...

Alienfan

Buy Citadel. It's worth whatever ridiculous price tag, basically makes the game almost as strong as Mass Effect 2

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Buy Citadel. It's worth whatever ridiculous price tag, basically makes the game almost as strong as Mass Effect 2
I know it's a neat Add On. Played it back on 360 already. That's not the issue.

Dang it, guess I have to bite the bullet then...

Heartfyre

It's one of those exceedingly rare situations where getting the DLC on the day it releases makes you not feel like a chump.

It's beyond ridiculous, though, when it's available for sale prices on other platforms regularly.

Top Bottom