• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walter Goggins enters the MCU - Antman and the Wasp

Walton Goggins has sealed a deal to join Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man And The Wasp, the sequel to the superhero pic that stars Paul Rudd. Casting outside returning star Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man, as well as the plot, has been mostly kept under typical Marvel-esque wraps, but Goggins has inked and the production is now set to get underway at month’s end in Atlanta.

Evangeline Lily as the Wasp, Michael Douglas, Michael Peña, T.I. and most recently Randall Park are also confirmed to star. No info on Goggins’ character, but we’ll likely get more info this week during Marvel’s Hall H presentation at Comic-Con. The pic already has a July 6, 2018 release date. Peyton Reed returns to direct the follow-up to 2015’s Ant-Man, which grossed $519.3 million worldwide.

It’s the latest big movie for Goggins, who will be on the big screen plenty in 2018. He stars opposite Alicia Vikander in the Tomb Raider reboot which bows March 16, and he just wrapped Maze Runner: The Death Cure, the third installment of the YA pic series, that bows February 9. He also recently shot Jon Avent’s The Three Christs Of Ypsilanti, was in Season 1 of History’s Six, and his HBO series with Danny McBride Vice Principals returns for Season 2 on September

Edit: http://deadline.com/2017/07/walton-goggins-ant-man-and-the-wasp-cast-1202130667/

nwmub.gif

J_Viper

NO HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CARNAGE GOD DAMN IT

Still, good for him on landing a role like this. He's an incredible performer.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Goggins is Hollywood's new go-to guy for villain roles. Sorry, Christoph Waltz.

After Justified, I'll watch him in anything. He can elevate material. One of those actors that demands your attention when he's on screen. They're probably going to need it given Marvel's villain track record. That first Ant Man movie had one of the laziest villains I've seen in a movie in a long time.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Michael Pena's character and schtick were the best things in a pretty good movie.

Glad he's back.

tomtom94

The article mentions "Marvel-esque secrecy" but I honestly think we know less about this movie than we do, say, Infinity War.

Fury451

Banned
Hope he's not a throw away villain, probably is. I love watching this guy work, so I'll take anything.

He'd have been a fun Eric O'Grady if they did Irredeemable Ant-Man

Mariolee

I'll be honest, I only know him from his guest role on Community (which he was fantastic) but I've heard of his great work elsewhere. Looking forward to it.

Fury451

Banned
I'll be honest, I only know him from his guest role on Community (which he was fantastic) but I've heard of his great work elsewhere. Looking forward to it.

The Shield and Justified is some top-tier work. If you want something a little more on the go, he was great in Predators and American Ultra. Even in bit parts he's usually the most highly entertaining thing going on.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wonder if he will be playing Task Master. In the comics, Task Master made his debut as a supervillain during the first ever team-up of Hank Pym (Yellowjacket), the Wasp, and Scott Lang (Ant-Man)

Top Bottom