• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Closed Beta Giveaway

derFeef

Clan? :)

Also I think I will stop playing Trinity, there is just no point in it when you basically have no idea how your teammate is doing with shield/hp. Going back to lvling Loki I guess.

1stStrike

Banned
Clan? :)

Also I think I will stop playing Trinity, there is just no point in it when you basically have no idea how your teammate is doing with shield/hp. Going back to lvling Loki I guess.

I just accepted. I'm waiting for the new content to be released (maps) before I really invest more time into this. Really don't want to get burned out on the game since it's so good.

1stStrike

Banned
Post some nice screens here time to time for us folks who do not own a decent PC.

Sure. Here's a few from one of my missions. Every setting is on max in-game.

warframe2013-01-2022-kcjvo.png

warframe2013-01-2022-u8kue.png

warframe2013-01-2022-xxkmb.png

warframe2013-01-2022-xpknm.png

warframe2013-01-2022-6tk7g.png

I like the Latron! :( Put some puncture on it, +dmg/clip size, and some fire or electricity and good to go! lol

I made another thread over in the Warframe forums, this time full of Mod ideas.

red731

Add me! Saavedro

PS: I've sent GAF clan invites to everyone who's posted their name in this thread, though over half is still "pending" :p

I will add you after work. My name is Swift731(btw, add me, anyone - just give a holla where you are from).

Is anyone having problems with joining games? I see two or one guy playing, click on planet, select mission and then I am waiting until there is noone, select other mission with some people and wait again...

I don't like to ninja alone. And already 6 hours played. This game is kinda good.

edit: Also, the "other" credits (on the right side from credits). How to get them? Something is telling me that is a buy stuff only...

Qvoth

Yeah that's platinum, currency that you use real money to get
But with the implementation of the orokin drop system i don't see why anybody would wanna spend money on them

Boken

Banned
I like the Latron! :( Put some puncture on it, +dmg/clip size, and some fire or electricity and good to go! lol

I made another thread over in the Warframe forums, this time full of Mod ideas.

Do you know why sometimes your character turns yellow and gets teleported about 10 feet in some direction?

Do you know why sometimes your character turns yellow and gets teleported about 10 feet in some direction?

It's an ability the grenier commanders have.

I wasn't getting kills as quickly as I would have liked with the Latron so I switched to the Gorgon. I've gotten to almost level 30 and have modded it for crit chance and it just shreds things up. And the 244 bullet clip size means I rarely need to reload.

red731

Yeah that's platinum, currency that you use real money to get
But with the implementation of the orokin drop system i don't see why anybody would wanna spend money on them

Figured it out as I looked into market. Cotdamn at those crazy prices for bundles!
I will just play and if Ill die four times. I will take a break from the game for a game :D

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a third person shooter that it feels like. it's a lot faster paced than Uncharted or Gears and there's no cover system. it's kind of like a third person Borderlands, if that makes any sense.

regardless it has really good gamefeel.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm racking my brain trying to think of a third person shooter that it feels like. it's a lot faster paced than Uncharted or Gears and there's no cover system. it's kind of like a third person Borderlands, if that makes any sense.

regardless it has really good gamefeel.

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. Aside from the ninja swords, it's very same-y.

Quite enjoying it at the moment, is there a list of people in the beta to play with? I'm a bit lonely atm.

I don't like the dual currency thing and that certain things must be purchased with real money.

Add Maleficence if anyone wants to play :)

(also add me to clan plx :p)

you can get any item without spending real money, you just have to find a blueprint for them. which can involve a lot of grinding since they're random drops on bosses.

Bombless

That female Excalibur looks very bland...

If they go the ME3 route with new classes being just reskins of others my interest in this game is going to drop real quick...

Flipyap

30 Plat left... Buy 4 more weapon slots for 24? Or one frame slot for 20? Ugh, choices.
Frame slot, definitely. You get more than enough slots to fit a weapon of every type by default and you're unlikely to ever go back to old weapons if they add a better one.

Ok! Now what frame to start working for? Ash's skills seem cool, as does Rhino's. There's also that new psychic frame coming out soon™... Ugh, choices! Lol.

are blueprint drops at all predictable?

I just spent all night going on assassination missions and all I got was a lousy ceramic dagger.

Flipyap

are blueprint drops at all predictable?

I just spent all night going on assassination missions and all I got was a lousy ceramic dagger.
Every boss has a low chance of dropping specific blueprints, usually frame parts.
The most valuable equipment blueprints come from alert missions with a "?" reward, there's no randomness there and everyone gets the same reward upon completion of the mission. It's a fairly terrible way to handle "loot" because it makes not playing the game the most efficient way to "play" it - just follow their Alert Notifications subforum and log in only when something you want pops up.

Bombless

Oh WOW. I just realised this Dark Sector is actually that weird Dark Sector happening in a russian vault with a scenario that made absolutely no sense. No wonder given they went from this to THAT. Happy they went back to the origins!

It's happening!

Update 6 - "New Stompin’ Grounds"

Lots of changes since our 5.4.x update! A new environment, new Warframes, expanded upgrades and more Ninja moves!

***BETA-NOTICE***
Forced respec has been done for all Warframes! Please use the Arsenal screen to redesign your upgrades and Mods from an expanded set!

Additions:
All New Grineer Asteroid Base – explore and battle in a brand new location set!
Frost! A new ice-based Warframe with chilling power!
Nyx! A psychic-based Warframe named by our Design Council!
Wall Running – a new Space Ninja Style mobility option to master!
Zip-lines – take on foes while ziplining across the more open spaces of the Grineer set!
New weapons: Dual Zoren, Akbolto, and Boltor!
Alternate helmet designs available in the Market for several Warframes.
Solar Map has expanded with two new regions: Ceres and Eris.
Two more deadly bosses added, proceed with caution, Tenno!
More enemy types have emerged: Grinder and Infested Charger.
Dynamic Lighting added to Display Options for those with older hardware.
Firewall/NAT detection added to Options to diagnose connectivity/contact issues.

Changes:
Each Warframe now has a custom upgrade tree with more choices and increased specialization! You must respec as a result of this change!
Player will now be teleported back to their previous spot on the ground after jumping into pits.
Warframes now have different starting statistics for key attributes.

Fixes:
Fix for Jackal falling through elevator and not spawning in proper room.
Fixed issue where players were stuck on black screen if mission failed.
Fixed disappearing datamass problems on host crashes.
Fixed extraction ship disappearing when all players were in level-end without completing missions.
UPnP, connectivity and Contact fixes. If you are still having problems run the Network test on the Options screen.
Performance improvements for particle-heavy scenes (fire and ice).
Launcher and Update fixes related to local internet caches and work-offline modes.

So much new stuff! I was gonna bold important stuff, but I would of just bolded the entire "Additions" section, lol.

Top Bottom