• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

I saw the invite. Thanks

Got all the parts for Mag as well now. Just need to build it all lol.

On Mag or any other frame that has a Prime version, I'd recommend just going for the Prime version rather than building the regular version...especially the last 3 primes that have actual statistical buff over the regular version (Rhino, Loki, Nyx).

Leunam

What should I be doing as Nekros? Popping bodies non-stop for loot or reviving them to increase our numbers in Defense or other such missions? Soul Punch doesn't seem like a very good move on its own.

On Mag or any other frame that has a Prime version, I'd recommend just going for the Prime version rather than building the regular version...especially the last 3 primes that have actual statistical buff over the regular version (Rhino, Loki, Nyx).

I've not long got the parts for Rhino and Nyx as well. I'm going to build the regular versions anyway just so I have them and I can replace them if I get the prime version.

I've only got a prime part for Frost and some random weapon prime parts.

Amon37

What should I be doing as Nekros? Popping bodies non-stop for loot or reviving them to increase our numbers in Defense or other such missions? Soul Punch doesn't seem like a very good move on its own.

Popping bodies non stop for loot. If you take him into higher level games I like terrify to help revive people and give me a bit of breathing room.

Amon37

Fucking orokin cells. Just fucking drop you jackass. I need 10 of you

Where are you farming? Should be able to get them from Ruk in no time.

Also the recruiting channel is dead. the hell man

After the last patch names only show if you talk in recruiting channel so it's eiaser to pm for invite. However since most don't read them people think no one is in there and are less likely to recruit for a mission.

ZangBa

Only 11 hours left on this, fuck. Well I hope this is possible to solo because now is pretty much all the time I have for this. :<

Amon37

Only 11 hours left on this, fuck. Well I hope this is possible to solo because now is pretty much all the time I have for this. :<

The event? You won't be able to solo to 3000 points. The excavators are made of glass and running all the way back to scanner to feed it power and then all the way back to the new excavation points is gonna be rough when the enemies start hitting level 30. I hit 3000 with 3 randoms so it shouldn't be too difficult. If I didn't have to sleep while you were playing I'd help.

The event? You won't be able to solo to 3000 points. The excavators are made of glass and running all the way back to scanner to feed it power and then all the way back to the new excavation points is gonna be rough when the enemies start hitting level 30. I hit 3000 with 3 randoms so it shouldn't be too difficult. If I didn't have to sleep while you were playing I'd help.

I only just scraped 1000 with randoms. They were so clueless and not getting cells to power the excavators. Plus they were weak whenever I try so they spend half the time bleeding out

ZangBa

Yeah, man, I tried to do it with randoms before but they kept dying or didn't know what they were doing, or tried to leave instantly. I soloed to a bit over 1000 and that's about as far as I could go. It was annoying running back and forth constantly, those extractors need a health buff.

ZangBa

No its cumulative I think. I got the 1st reward do after the earth mission then did Europa and git the mids/latron.

WTF there's one on Europa? I been putting up with this shit Earth tile-set for no reason. Well I'm on now so I guess I'll try to do this but I don't think I will make it.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. Keep I'll join yours. Oh weird it sent me to some random game.

Edit: and it says full lol well I'll start one then and if need more score just join or something I guess.

ZangBa

Lol. Keep I'll join yours. Oh weird it sent me to some random game.

Edit: and it says full lol well I'll start one then and if need more score just join or something I guess.

Sorry joined a random game, about to exit with 2100 points, hoping this is enough.

Edit: Nope. If it's cumulative I should be way over 3000 by now :<

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm know well do you need more pts?

Edit: k I've tried sending you msg in chat. Dunno why I'm not showing up. If you need more points I can try to invite you I'm just chill in in mission. Drowning in Powe cores lol

ZangBa

Hmm know well do you need more pts?

Edit: k I've tried sending you msg in chat. Dunno why I'm not showing up. If you need more points I can try to invite you I'm just chill in in mission. Drowning in Powe cores lol

Sorry man, I don't know what the deal is with the game, but I can't see you or any invites at all. I went into one solo and got 3000 points with some dude who joined, it was really easy on Europa compared to Earth, but when we finished the event was over, so I don't know if it still counts. :(

Edit: Checked my profile, doesn't say 3000. Oh well, fuck it.

ZangBa

Oh well lame I figured it would still update after if you got 3000 in mission. Sorry dude. Did you get the mods at least?

Yeah, I got the mods last night. Earth's a nightmare compared to Europa. Buggy ass terrain and mobs glitching everywhere, shit drove me insane, even my guy got stuck in a wall and couldn't move.

I'm not that disappointed in missing out on the weapon, but I wish it would have updated anyway. At least I can make a Glaxion.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh k well not too bad then. Yeah I was surprised I somehow got 3675 for my best run but had to do an extra one to get enough cryotic to make glaxion.

VariantX

Earlier today at around 2pm, Devstream #38 happened, and as with all dev streams, there is a 24h alert to go with it. Tactical alerts also debut today with the Avalanche Offensive which will be available for the next 2 days. I should also give you fair warning, since DE doesn't, is that you should treat this mission as if it were a nightmare mission and don't run it recklessly. Complete the event with enough points, and you'll be awarded with a 3-day affinity booster.

Going back to Devstream #38, there are some very good things coming soon as well as info on some changes coming to the drop tables and excalibur as well.

Here's a link to the stream if you feel like watching the whole thing:
http://youtu.be/KRRWH6bE6h0

I'll assemble a list of bullet-points from the stream for those who may not have time to watch it unless I find another list someone else has already made first and link that here.

Edit: added highlights from stream.

Devstream #38 Highlights:
&#8226; Addition of directional aerial melee attacks to allow players to fight flying enemies (can be enhanced with channeling). Possibly implemented in U15
&#8226; Excavation mode will return before U15 (at least for the pc ver.)
&#8226; Shoulder-fired primary weapons potentially introduced
&#8226; Color and lighting customization per-room for Dojo is under development
&#8226; Warframe abilities will be removed from the drop tables in U15 (Steve hinting at something related to mods beyond U15)
&#8226; New venka and katana stances coming
&#8226; Excalibur changes:
o Radial Blind won&#8217;t affect targets behind objects
o Super Jump has small radial stun and grants invisibility while in the air
o Radial Javelin will have the javelins spawn closer to their targets to avoid the blades getting blocked by geometry, enemy cap is being removed, everyone in radius gets affected
&#8226; J3 Golem mesh is completed, working on integrating it into archwing battles, bigger than Lephantis
&#8226; Juggernaut infested unit from &#8220;Enemies of the Tenno&#8221; contest winners has its mesh, attacks are still in prototype stage, sub-boss
&#8226; Rendering and art refresh is in the works starting in U15, will build new assets and update older ones over time using physically based rendering (PBR), some upcoming weapons (infested quanta, archwing hammer, archwing grenade launcher, archwing &#8216;chain gun&#8217;?, and a future customization are shown using this technique.
&#8226; Endgame content, they still don&#8217;t know exactly what it will be yet, but they want something that lower level players can still participate in too. Still want to do something for players with extra prime parts from void runs. Still experimenting with focus
&#8226; New class of customization for frames called Sigils. Basically tattoos for frames with flashy graphical effects. They can be applied to the front and back of frames as well as resized, rotated and positioned. They are received through performing quests for a new faction and building reputation with them by completing missions or certain feats for them. Some sigils have special effects that synchronize with your frame&#8217;s energy color. There is a mastery sigil that changes appearance based on your frame&#8217;s mastery level
&#8226; A new part of the ship( Liset ) will be unlocked when players get access to the archwing in U15
&#8226; Expansions to the pet system will be implemented in the future
&#8226; Will be civilians and npc traders in the upcoming player hub (not sure if hub will be in U15)
&#8226; Excalibur proto armor will probably be back in the shop in the anniversary
&#8226; Daggers and Heavy weapons going through a balancing pass, ex. Dagger attack speed increase, combos added.
&#8226; U15 stuff coming, new warframe, new enemy units, 2 archwings + several weapons, 2 new modes, quests around the archwing, more lore, sigils.

Dunlop

Holy crap has this game changed, I skipped the prologue thinking my account had reset only to find myself in a ship with no idea how to run alerts lol

I've been away a while...

Edgeward

Shoulder weapons look to be the only thing of interest to me.

Hopefully they improve the pet system to be less cumbersome and require less caretaking. I stopped using my kubrow because i did not like the expenses that came with keeping it alive and how it dying affects it. Also it does not suck up items.

Thanks for the excellent summary Variant!

Gonna be running a ton of Tdef, ODD and Dark Sector def this weekend - dat xp booster! Hope to see you folks online.

Edgeward

Welp, got all my weapons i have to level 30. The progression after level 8 is so slow. I must've mastered 4 weapons over the weekend and it only did a 1/4 of the bar.

Amon37

I'm pissed you couldn't use the affinity booster when you wanted. I have to work the next 2 days giving me zero play time so I had to complete the alert last night giving me really no time to take advantage of it.

Edgeward

Yea, I had no idea what the reward was for the operation and so it was lucky for me I have weekends off to grind my way to the max.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah me too. I've been trying to finish the raid in destiny and when I try to get on warframe today it says can't connect try again. Got my castle started in mine craft instead.

Top Bottom