• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe rated for Xbox One

Black-Box

MS likes to sit on things that are good. I do believe they will allow games to be played without needing gold but they will probably sit on it till march or around there.

Touchpad control on DS4 is just so much better. Don't have to juggle with a button press combination in the heat of battle.

Just flick it and kill it.
The Dual Shock 4 is really the best input method for this game. It's a no-brainer.
I hate to be this guy, but my Logitech G13 + gaming mouse combo is better. Every power, gear item, waypoint placement, chat box, all get their own key with easy one button access, still get a joystick for movement, and the accuracy of a mouse. I say this as a guy who prefers controller for most everything.

Sounds grind-y but I guess that is sort of par the norm for F2P.

That's normally how co-op "hunting" type games are. Monster Hunter, PSO, and various other co-op hunting games on psp/vita usually take hundreds of hours to play. F2P isn't really the reason. The loot demands to be farmed, and those materials/ingredients requires repeat runs...

So its not a game where I can just jump into it with three other friends for quick co-op play sessions and casually progress in the game?

It's actually really good for this since the missions are pretty quick (probably average around 10-15minutes unless you're doing Defense or Survival). In a lot of ways it's pretty similar to Mass Effect 3's co-op though that's not a perfect comparison. That said...

Keep reading "wiki/forums is a necessity". I hate games where you have to consult a wiki/forums to figure out how to do stuff

This is the truth. The game is still technically in beta so it doesn't really explain everything that well. But!...

or risk setting yourself up for having to go back and redo stuff and waste a ton of hours. :\

You can't really waste tons of hours or risk having to redo stuff because the entire game is sort of about grinding. You'll always be gaining experience and earning more stuff. The only thing you need to be careful about is what you're spending the real world money on since a lot of stuff you can buy can be earned in game. Again, that's why a little wiki and research is necessary.

Get this cross-platform on all three systems next.

Microsoft's policy (with a couple of notable exceptions, one of which required some serious wheeling and dealing) is to bar any cross-play between platforms for X-Box Live. They could probably make PC/PS4 cross-platform play, but unless they're having problems with community health on one platform or the other I doubt they will.

Touchpad control on DS4 is just so much better. Don't have to juggle with a button press combination in the heat of battle.

Just flick it and kill it.
The Dual Shock 4 is really the best input method for this game. It's a no-brainer.

I don't do any jugging on the PC at all. But yes, the PS4 pad is godlike for this game and I like playing it on the PS4 more. I boot up the PC version just for the effects.

Xbone fans are in for a treat - this was the real gem of launch.

Here's the wiki. But don't be alarmed, you can always start off with the beginner missions solo in order to mess with the basics. Once you get a sense of the game then browse the wiki - read up on mods and mission types.

K.Sabot

The controls are really fucking complicated on consoles, but I've run by some former PC players who attest that they like it more now.

Sony turned a least 2 or 3 of the devs into first party devs that otherwise would have been multiplatfom. I know Everybody's gone to rapture, and Rime are. Also it seems Shadow of the beast is as well.

Sony-published titles probably won't come to Xbone, because more often than not Sony own the IP on titles they publish. The developers on the above titles you mention are indie, but the games are Sony properties.

Gaz_RB

It runs fine on PS4. Blacklight is a different story.

I've put 50+ hours into Warframe, I can say with confidence that it doesn't run well. Unless sub 20 fps in certain types of missions is fine to you.

Though I agree that Blacklight also doesn't run very well

Man

I've put 50+ hours into Warframe, I can say with confidence that it doesn't run well. Unless sub 20 fps...
It's a strange beast performance wise. Sometimes huge outdoor areas with tons of enemies will run 60fps(@1080p) but then seemingly non-complex indoor levels with less enemies makes the engine chug-along.

kiguel182

For those more experienced in the game, is there a video tutorial that explains the overall mechanics of the game?

I did some missions but apart from "shot the bad guys and follow the objective" I have no idea what's going on...

Korten

Banned
I've put 50+ hours into Warframe, I can say with confidence that it doesn't run well. Unless sub 20 fps in certain types of missions is fine to you.

Though I agree that Blacklight also doesn't run very well

Blacklight is a bit more consisant. It's not exactly 60, but it doesn't have the extreme drops that Warframe does. Still love Blacklight, it's actually really fucking fun. Just needs more maps.

Zakalwe

Banned
Welcome, Xboners, to the never ending gear treadmill known as Warframe!

-

It's not a bad game, I invested a lot of hours into the PC version, the issue is there's no kind of engaging endgame. Once you've acquired all the gear you want, and levelled it multiple times with Forma upgrades (kind of like prestiging to get a little extra power), there's nothing to do but spam endless defense/survival or patiently await new gear to grind for.

While you're levelling all this stuff the game is a blast, and the draw of shiny new phat lewt and increasing your power is pretty strong. When you realise that's all there is though, the game kind of stagnates.

Still, it's a worthwhile distraction for a while.

Xbox Live Gold required I bet

lol of course it is. you even need XBL Gold to use the web browser

Microsoft's policy (with a couple of notable exceptions, one of which required some serious wheeling and dealing) is to bar any cross-play between platforms for X-Box Live. They could probably make PC/PS4 cross-platform play, but unless they're having problems with community health on one platform or the other I doubt they will.

this is the reason why FFXIV isn't getting a XB1 port. SE wanted cross platform support for all versions.

Top Bottom