• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader – Official Release Date Trailer

Mister Wolf

Looking forward to this. I don't know much about the Rogue Trader tabletop combat system but I know it uses this monstrosity:

OIP.fZW6AdR6DlMdia-a6uz4XwHaHa

Last edited:

Hudo

Looking forward to this. I don't know much about the Rogue Trader tabletop combat system but I know it uses this monstrosity:

I still need to come to terms with humans being allowed to work together with xenos in Warhammer 40k. I know it's Rogue Trader but still...

It's an Owlcat game so expect it to be a buggy pos. I highly recommend waiting for the obvious Enhanced Edition that will release a year after just like, all their previous games.

Rogue Trader is the exploration aspect of Warhammer 40,000. Instead of Space Marines, you pretty much play grimdark Captain Kirk. They're even one of the few factions that actually have some leeway when dealing with those filthy xenos and *gasp* some of them even have aliens serving on board.

It's my favorite aspect of Warhammer 40,000. One fun thing is it explores the more obscure lore so expect weird anomalies and aliens that aren't usually discussed in the normal table top war game.

Mister Wolf

Rogue Trader is the exploration aspect of Warhammer 40,000. Instead of Space Marines, you pretty much play grimdark Captain Kirk. They're even one of the few factions that actually have some leeway when dealing with those filthy xenos and *gasp* some of them even have aliens serving on board.

It's my favorite aspect of Warhammer 40,000. One fun thing is it explores the more obscure lore so expect weird anomalies and aliens that aren't usually discussed in the normal table top war game.

You got a D100?

VN1X

Banned
Rogue Trader looks fantastic!

Still have these four to go through. Some are mid sure but I feel like all these isometric (turn-based) 40K games are getting better with every release.

oJe3uvr.png

FunkMiller

As a massive 40k fan I really want to play this, but tiny man CRPGs don't really do much for me. Can't even get into BG3.

StereoVsn

It's an Owlcat game so expect it to be a buggy pos. I highly recommend waiting for the obvious Enhanced Edition that will release a year after just like, all their previous games.
WotR wasnt particularly bad at release. Sure, there have been improvements, but I was playing the game like a week lost launch without major issues.

This was PC, Steam.

WotR wasnt particularly bad at release. Sure, there have been improvements, but I was playing the game like a week lost launch without major issues.

This was PC, Steam.
Same for me.

Ofc, the typical it worked fine for me, while the game was dropping to low 30's, had a ton of major spells broken, and the final half of the game was a huge ass mess. \

Only a million fixes but yeah, "ran fine for me". Buying an Owlcat game at launch is the dumbest thing you can do, but go ahead. Dont let me stop ya.

And I recently replayed it, and I can name at least 10 issues they still havent fixed, like the close range healing. Steam version as well.

Cp69yTk.jpg

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Ofc, the typical it worked fine for me, while the game was dropping to low 30's, had a ton of major spells broken, and the final half of the game was a huge ass mess. \

Only a million fixes but yeah, "ran fine for me". Buying an Owlcat game at launch is the dumbest thing you can do, but go ahead. Dont let me stop ya.

And I recently replayed it, and I can name at least 10 issues they still havent fixed, like the close range healing. Steam version as well.

Cp69yTk.jpg
You will always find issues with large games. Especially if you are looking for particular problems.

But much like with BG3, you can enjoy the game despite the issues.

But much like with BG3, you can enjoy the game despite the issues.

If you're ignorant, yes you can enjoy even the shittiest of games. I unlike most people cant ignore issues and even from Larian that made my fav game of all time Divinity OS2, isnt free of my many criticism regarding BG3 being an unfinished mess, with tons of issues. Yeah, you can finish the game, but thats not good enough. Anyway, you be you, I'll be me. Everything in life needs to be criticized else we will keep getting worse shit.

Rogue Trader looks fantastic!

Still have these four to go through. Some are mid sure but I feel like all these isometric (turn-based) 40K games are getting better with every release.

oJe3uvr.png

Haven't played much Chaos Gate myself yet, but really enjoyed Mechanicus out of those 4 (even has a decent Switch port). Gladius was good too as its pretty much Civilisation but 40K. Inquisitor is a game that never seems to end, been playing on & off for a couple of years and have no idea if I'm nearly done yet :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Corian33

So stoked for this. I had heard this game was an RPG but assumed it was garbage (without actually looking at it) until I saw it was from the same developer that did the Pathfinder games. Games that are insanely long and detailed and have tons of opportunity for interesting quests and stories.

That team + classic style CRPG + WH40k = match made in heaven. It’s going to be awesome wandering around exploring that universe from this perspective. No telling what you’ll run into. Only thing that could be better would be playing as an Inquisitor. Though watching the trailer seems you can get up to some similar shenanigans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom