• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 Video Games Are On A Roll

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Warhammer 40,000 video games are really on a roll right now. It used to be that video games based in that universe were hit and miss, but now it looks like we're getting some quality titles. Not to mention quite a few of them.

I guess it seems like they want to make Warhammer 40,000 more mainstream now. I'm not really happy about that but at the same time I do appreciate the quality or video games that have been or are going to be released.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
That Boltgun game looks sick. Will definitely play it at some point. This must be a really cheap IP to license. There are so many goddamn games.

Darkmakaimura

That Boltgun game looks sick. Will definitely play it at some point. This must be a really cheap IP to license. There are so many goddamn games.
I've heard nothing but good things about Boltgun. We're also finally getting a proper RPG in what is my favorite Wh40k spin-off, Rogue Trader. Plus, Space Marine 2 looks great.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I was also going to mention that they might be going a sort of "cinematic universe" approach with their video games. For instance, Boltgun's story actually ties into Space Marine and Space Marine 2.

phant0m

• Boltgun is sick. Buy now.
  • Darktide has REALLY good core mechanics/combat but needs a lot of help on content/progression... i hope fatshark is able to save it
  • Rogue Trader is shaping up to be a really good CRPG by Owlcat (you can get closed beta right now by preordering on their site)
  • Inquisitor Martyr is from 2018 but a pretty fun Diablo-clone with surprisingly good story and on sale for $10
  • Necromunda: Hired Gun has a neat game world and progression design but i think the actual shooting feels pretty mediocre

Top Bottom