• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times |OT| Dungeon adventures on the go

PittaGAF

IMO this is like a really round-about (and potentially expensive) way of selling an easier difficulty mode.

Considering how much flak difficulty modes get when sold as DLC it's kinda funny to see it get a pass in this form.

To be honest I don’t think anyone has ever bought gold in any of their games (I actually think they never made any money from that...and I advised against putting this in all their games just because the moaning it cause, generally from people that didn’t even actually play the game).
As anyone that played their games can confirm, they aren’t balanced to sell you those iaps. (Actually I think their games are too easy).
You can farm gold really easily in this particular game, if you want so.
Actually it’s very easy to have an uber party too, just farm easy white quests..in few hours you’ll have enough gold and XP to be Uber levelled....then the main quests are a joke, you just insta kill everyone.
I tried it to test the XP gain curve...it’s not funny.

I’m not sure why someone would do that after paying for the game...but the world is a strange place I sometimes don’t understand.

(I really don’t think they do this to steal people money but hey...if someone wants to throw money at them....fine to me...this means more expansions in the future :p).

I’m sorry to hear that, just when things were getting interesting.
I have yet to download the final version but I’m under the impression I’m one version ahead.
If that’s the case, I’m hopeful the (imminent I’m told) update will solve your problems, because it is way less memory intensive.

Yeah, just after I brought the Slayer as well. It is a real bummer. Other then the obvious flaw of crashing constantly I was really enjoying the game. I do hope they can fix up the problem soon.

colinp

Banned
Alright, this game is preeeeetty damn awesome. Got the Mace of Helsturm for my Blood Knight so I’m smiting guys and setting them on fire, and a pistol for my Empire Captain.

I totally agree the buy screen is HORRENDOUS. No excuses Pitta! It’s a pain in the ass not being able to compare. Similarly, I don’t like the two letter codes they use for what can be equipped to which character/class since I have no idea what each character/class is called (hell, I had to open the game up again to remind myself they’re called Blood Knight and Empire Captain for the above!).

Still, plays like a dream on my 6S+ and hasn’t crashed yet.

PittaGAF

Alright, this game is preeeeetty damn awesome. Got the Mace of Helsturm for my Blood Knight so I'm smiting guys and setting them on fire, and a pistol for my Empire Captain.

I totally agree the buy screen is HORRENDOUS. No excuses Pitta! It's a pain in the ass not being able to compare. Similarly, I don't like the two letter codes they use for what can be equipped to which character/class since I have no idea what each character/class is called (hell, I had to open the game up again to remind myself they're called Blood Knight and Empire Captain for the above!).

Still, plays like a dream on my 6S+ and hasn't crashed yet.

Well I'm not saying it's good, it can certainly be improved. I probably played for so long I don't even notice now anyway.
I have many other things I would change before that, but maybe it's just me.

Meanwhile....disaster happened.

I found last night an AWESOME, really...AWESOME dress for my Sorceress (blue with a gold serpent, really nice looking) that grants +1 INT on every discovered room.
Basically she almost insta killed everyone after a while with her AoE spells.
So I got sloppy.
Then shit happened.

Didn't notice 2 fucking archers behind column that I took ages to reach across a chasm, a Gray Seer blocked my Empire Captain and a wall of Minotaurs blocked my way.
First casualty was a brave Captain that shielded everyone.
I could clean the room but then another Minotaur slashed my badass elf (called 'deathblow a plenty') in two with one blow and my powerful, but fragile, sorceress was too far away to cure.

Now I have the other captain down already and only the sorceress left.

Sigh.
Pretty sure penalties will be nasty....I had already saved over 2K to get the freeze sword....damn.

What a game.

EDIT:
MWAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA I DID IT!!!!
My Sorceress alone made it and found an awesome new skill for the Captains, which totally negates enemies armor resistance for one turn

Picture of my love.

Ch0aTLu.png

So curiosity finally got the better of me and I deleted my crashing save and started afresh. I'm now past the point the original party got to with no troubles which is good, and as a minor bonus I am now where I was with no deaths where in my first save I was sitting on two. Really hope this crash cycle doesn't happen with this group, I don't think I could stand to start again again. Having fun with the Slayer though, he is a bit of a one note warrior but his ability to just delete enemies is terrifying.

awp69

I was having no crashes pre-update. Now I’ve had a few. Luckily not much progress was lost in each but almost scared to continue. Hope they get this sorted out.

Also my luck ran out I combat. Just got wiped out in that quest with the town with zombies. That infection stuff is serious shit!

Top Bottom