• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: The Last of Us' entire plot leaked, be wary of spoilers [in lots of places]

0222_smox.gif

This is me if I accidentally read a spoiler.

thanks for the heads up Nirolak .

c'mon girls we are out of here

6NzrQEcl.gif

lulz, is that Bob Sapp?

Anyway, this is getting frickin' lame. The entirety of the internet loves to spoil the shit outta everything. Waltz into any Infinite trailer or video during the week of release and spoilers abound in the comments. :l

Just posting for the new page. Sorry for doing this, but I was pissed off when I accidentally saw the spoilers.

I noticed that the cutscene names have been leaked on Reddit's "/r/games" subreddit.

Apparently people have been PM'ing the spoilers to innocent victims. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune of viewing them and I confirm that yes, the spoilers reveal A LOT of the game's crucial plot points.

I would advise everyone to avoid /r/games on Reddit for the time being.

Gadirok

I wish I saw your warning earlier because 4chan already killed it for me.

Thats the last time I go there, they ruined heavy rain as well so I really hope this is wrong.

The worst part is I just glanced over it and they are MAJOR spoilers just by reading one frickin line.

I'm absolutely annoyed at this, but wasn't too absorbed by The last of us to care that much. Still going to play it.

sappyday

Just avoid:

YouTube comments.
4Chan.
GameFaQs.
Any videogame website's comments section.
Any videogame board that isn't GAF.

Basically. Thank god I haven't been on 4chan today since /v/ is my second choice to discuss video games besides here and I know that place can be a real bitch when it comes to spoilers.

The bad thing about this is that we still have a month away.

Gadirok

Basically. Thank god I haven't been on 4chan today since /v/ is my second choice to discuss video games besides here and I know that place can be a real bitch when it comes to spoilers.

The bad thing about this is that we still have a month away.

I'm surprised other people try to go there to legitimately discuss video games because its a cesspool of fanboyism since early 2012.

It wasn't so bad at one point, but its pretty bad now. I expect things to get worse by the PS4 launch.

Anyways, I usually go there to encourage baiting nowadays as its all people possible do there now unless you post on the generals.

Avoid that site at all costs, as they've spoiled heavy rain in the past as well.

cameron

Lame. TLoU is one of the only few games I care about story spoilers. There's 6 weeks left, and I'm going to have remember to be alert about what sites I visit.

I can understand using a meaningful naming convention for assets/files internally during production, but I don't get why you'd use full human readable names over shorter hashed names when the content is cooked out.

Lame. TLoU is one of the only few games I care about story spoilers. There's 6 weeks left, and I'm going to have remember to be alert about what sites I visit.

I can understand using a meaningful naming convention for assets/files internally during production, but I don't get why you'd use full human readable names over shorter hashed names when the content is cooked out.

I assume Naughty Dog used the most spoilerific names to label cutscenes so they can keep track of the overall story momentum when having to manage a massive amount of assets.

antitrop

I wouldn't count on it. There were people who did it in the Bioshock Infinite thread before launch.

Yup, I definitely knew how Bioshock Infinite ended before I played the game from the OT.

Obviously didn't impact my enjoyment at all if you read any of my posts about the game (GotG). I still would rather have not known, if given the option.

I wish I saw your warning earlier because 4chan already killed it for me.

Thats the last time I go there, they ruined heavy rain as well so I really hope this is wrong.

The worst part is I just glanced over it and they are MAJOR spoilers just by reading one frickin line.

I'm absolutely annoyed at this, but wasn't too absorbed by The last of us to care that much. Still going to play it.

I really hate to break this to you, but after I got spoiled, I did a bit of research into how the leaker may have obtained this information.

Apparently, it was sourced from a European copy of God of War Ascension, and unfortunately, I believe the information was really on the disk. :-(

Since the leaks are probably legit, that's all the more reason to be EXTRA cautious.

Shit, I think /v/ just got me with something pretty major.

Only saw the top thing of a list of like seven things, at least.

desu

Apparently, it was sourced from a European copy of God of War Ascension, and unfortunately, I believe the information was really on the disk. :-(

Well, I am surprised it took this long. I frequent boards about game ripping/research and I saw some of the TLOU demo related stuff ages ago there (mostly assets though).

I hope no one gets the game story ruined for them if they don't want too, but I'm hyped for this game! I'm on the lookout to find some spoilers; no luck so far. Can't wait to see the awesome story Naughty Dog made.

Good luck to all you trying to avoid the spoilers, hope no jerks ruin it for you!

Just saw them.

Why would ND name the cutscenes with so obvious names like "joel-is-really-nathan-drake - 15-years-in-the-future" (not an actual title) and leave them in the GoWA disc?

lantus

I've already risked ruining my media blackout for this game just by coming into this thread, we are so close for this to be ruined now. Hopefully none of that nonsense makes its way here.

Well, I am surprised it took this long. I frequent boards about game ripping/research and I saw some of the TLOU demo related stuff ages ago there (mostly assets though).

I'm guessing the guy who originally leaked it stumbled across the files accidentally.

ezekial45

Banned
Naughty Dog fucked up on this one. Placing sensitive information on the disc for another game was a massive oversight.

I mean, come on! Did you seriously think enthusiasts wouldn't data mine these game?

The only way to combat real spoilers is either Internet abstinence, or a team of righteous heroes flooding the Internet with dozens of false, conflicting spoilers everywhere.

Neff

I'm actually kind of curious as to what the spoilers are, but I can't find them despite searching, anywhere, so you should all be safe for the time being.

Does this mean you'd get spoiled as well if you play the demo?

No. The issue is that Naughty Dog, for whatever stupid reason, left a lot of The Last of Us assets within the God of War: Ascension disk.

That is, when they produced the TLOU demo for GOW:A, they only chopped off the full content without removing the names / trails that link to the content.

It just so happens that these names / trails directly spoil the entire game.

Dabanton

Put basically spoilers will be everywhere in a few hours.

And as we've seen countless times shitheads revel in situations like this. I doubt by release most of us wouldn't have seen 1 or 2 major spoilers.

Which is annoying as hell.

Trike

Kinda shitty that this all leaked a month before the game came out. It is totally Naughty Dog's fault though. Why put that stuff in GoW Ascension? And why name the titles so blatantly?

For those interested in the game but still want to click the link: don't. They are not titles, they are descriptors to what happens in the cutscene. It is literally like this, if the game was Halo or something:

Master Chief Destroys the Halo Ring

Instead of a creative title or something like:

Rimjob

Yes it's just cutscene titles, but they really are THAT bad. Naughty Dog majorly screwed up and named their cutscene titles as spoilerific as possible.

What are you talking about? All it mentions are plot points as titles, because they are imaginative. You can't tell if it is going to be good or bad from it. It depends on how it is presented. You can't tell if a story is good just by looking at the key plot points.

CompC

How descriptive were these titles? How could just the cutscene titles spoil the entire game?

I mean, I wouldn't get major spoilers by looking at the list of chapters on a DVD...

Top Bottom