• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs demo was running on PC

antitrop

I'm hoping all the other graphical issues it had were too, because I noticed frame drops, dithering and flickering on top of the tearing.
Hopefully most of that will be fixed by E3.

The game is still ~9 months out, though. I'm not worried.

Actually, it might be one of my very most anticipated games of this entire year.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm hoping all the other graphical issues it had were too, because I noticed frame drops, dithering and flickering on top of the tearing.

It's not like the game comes out next week.

Holiday 2013, they still have plenty of time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Me and a good PC friend were dissecting it as we were watching and it was running on PC the whole time lol.

Criticizing that tearing. It will look fine when it ships for PS4 later this year, I'm sure.

Oh, tearing was from the screen.

I wonder if someone will ask what HW spec that demo was running on.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The framerate did look a bit patchy and there was plenty of tearing. I'm not sure I buy that it was solely down to the stream since nearly everything else shown looked smooth as butter. I've also played plenty of other Ubisoft open world games so a piss-poor framerate and tearing wouldn't be totally unexpected. In gameplay terms it looks really fucking interesting and I'm especially intrigued as to how the online side of things works.

Jamix012

igDURqxBfXPja.gif

Isn't this the sort of thing you're not supposed to do? I mean I agree with you, it looked better than something the PS3 can do but posting a Michael Jordan laughing gif is not the way to counter a point.

antitrop

Everyone who keeps mentioning the rippin' and the tearin' might want to watch this 1080p video of it and put their fears to rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LZM3_wp2ps

ArjanN

I got a smile out of hacking that one guy's bank account, reminded me of deus ex 1.

Neat conceptually, but it kind of seems like it basically just boils down to pressing the 'hack' button. The "press A for awesome" stuff you tend to dislike.

Enron

Banned
Isn't this the sort of thing you're not supposed to do? I mean I agree with you, it looked better than something the PS3 can do but posting a Michael Jordan laughing gif is not the way to counter a point.

Oh man. Hall of fame career, and shaq just forgotten and pushed aside just like that.

Grief.exe

Neat conceptually, but it kind of seems like it basically just boils down to pressing the 'hack' button. The "press A for awesome" stuff you tend to dislike.

Welcome to modern gaming.

No rational thought or skill needed, just press A. Awesome stuff happens...bro

Try Shaq

Hopefully most of that will be fixed by E3.

The game is still ~9 months out, though. I'm not worried.

Actually, it might be one of my very most anticipated games of this entire year.

Ya it looks very good for a game so far away.

ledman

Damn Heat, bringing a fat MJ from retirement to play with Lebron, those bastards.

The one last year looked better (most noticeable difference to me other than the tearing was the character model), but it was running on a PC with a GTX 680 so that's to be expected. This still looked good though.

Eusis

It's probably going to be way closer than most modern PC demos, but I still hate how they sorta try to build it up higher than it actually outputs, despite the fact the graphics are supposed to be amazing. At least with late gen stuff everything's going to start showing its age.

RiverBed

Banned
Aren't all PS4 prototype devkits PCs anyway? It doesn't matter if you use a controller or keyboard/mouse for your demonstration.

I'm not surprised. Since the great architecture of the PS4 is essentially just a PC relabled as a console, the time to port to the PS4 from PC is going to be reduced. They can leave it all to the last minute and hope things work out =/

Did you just come out of the "how not to get banned" thread? That said, there's no way the PS3 has that kind of graphical output.

Ryoku

Goddammit, of all the comments, this is by far my favorite.

Welcome to modern gaming.

No rational thought or skill needed, just press A. Awesome stuff happens...bro

Not sure if sarcasm, but I'll bite: how else would those design decisions be mimicked? Last time I checked, most games usually had a centralized button for something or another, even back in the PS/N64 day (NES gen didn't have enough buttons to count). Sure, RPGs/MMOs on PC have hotkeys and there are binding options for that platform, but welcome to consoles.

There were also a variety of options to choose on what the action is to accomplish.

Just watched the non-streamed linked video. Yes, that's awesome. Tearing is gone, dithering appears to be gone as well. Framerate is fine. I saw GT when he openly admitted it was a PC built to PS4 specs and have no problem with that. I'm just happy knowing I'll have the option to play it on a next gen console and not a version downgraded terribly to run on PS3/360.

Probably because it's an actual game now and not a completely scripted vertical slice.

Yep, and they make a point of saying it's just a guy free roaming. No mission. Main character moves a lot like Wei Shen. I wonder what the driving is like.

Stark

Banned
Just watched non-streamed linked video. Yes, that's awesome. Tearing is gone, dithering appears to be gone as well. Framerate is fine. I saw GT when he openly admitted it was a PC built to PS4 specs and have no problem with that. I'm just happy knowing I'll have the option to play it on a next gen console and not a version downgraded terribly to run on PS3/360.

I'm guessing they had a newer build recorded back at the office and had to quickly push this one out. It looks on par with the E3 demo in the direct feed one.

Lulubop

The one last year looked better (most noticeable difference to me other than the tearing was the character model), but it was running on a PC with a GTX 680 so that's to be expected. This still looked good though.

I agree the E3 version looked better, probably because of what you pointed out.

Top Bottom