• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have said Watch Dogs has leaked and the high settings look like dog poop. I poked my head around and yeah the game has leaked for PC so it's only a matter of time before we see the proof right before the game launches.

kudoboi

Some have said Watch Dogs has leaked and the high settings look like dog poop. I poked my head around and yeah the game has leaked for PC so it's only a matter of time before we see the proof right before the game launches.

There are already tons of PC screenshots at the OT with most on ultra settings at 1080P or 4K

Its still nice, honest! maybe if PC sold more? you know....you know...they'd dev for it more?

PC here
Video of MADNESS Digital Trip

also
Video of ALONE Digital Trip

was hitting 30-60 average with fraps.

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 1600MHz DDR3
Nvidia GTX 660 ti
Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB

I did find the game to have lots of fx, blur all over at times adding to why it can chugg at times

First impressions are very important, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had no intentions to release a game that looked like E3 2012. It worked too.

Jeremy

This made me really appreciate GTA IV. I played the game of course but never really noticed all of it, just accepted it as it was without really considering. Seeing it against something that is being released tomorrow, May 27, 2014, 6 years later, really makes me appreciate (even more than I already do) the things Rockstar is capable of doing with video games.

AdanVC

That last part with the hydrant comparison of Watch_Dogs made me:
155.gif

Incredible that a 6 year old game has more environment/surrounding detail than Watch_Dogs wich is coming tomorrow.

Rockstar. The Wizards of Open World Gaming.

Just more evidence that Rockstar is the king if the open world genre. All the little details help bring a big environment to life.

That's basically it. You can make an open world city environment with an incredible visual fidelity, but it needs SOUL. Rockstar is imo the only company who is able to nail atmosphere in open world games on a consistent basis. GTA IV, V and RDR specifically.

When you got a guy like me starting up your game once in a while just to take taxi drives from one end of the map to the other as background/lounge entertainment, or taking a walk with your dog around the block. then you know you've made something special. I can't see myself doing that with Watch_Dogs. I will enjoy the game for what it is though, but it's going to take some serious money, manpower and love to create a believable lived-in cityscape like R* does.

Renta

Banned
That's basically it. You can make an open world city environment with an incredible visual fidelity, but it needs SOUL. Rockstar is imo the only company who is able to nail atmosphere in open world games on a consistent basis. GTA IV, V and RDR specifically.

When you got a guy like me starting up your game once in a while just to take taxi drives from one end of the map to the other as background/lounge entertainment, or taking a walk with your dog around the block. then you know you've made something special. I can't see myself doing that with Watch_Dogs. I will enjoy the game for what it is though, but it's going to take some serious money, manpower and love to create a believable lived-in cityscape like R* does.

Damn. Thought I was alone with that taxi cab thing. +1 buddy

Why can't they get basic gunplay right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom