• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB accuses The Rock of leaking false Black Adam financial data to the media

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm guessing this was motivated by backdoor accounting depriving Dwayne of some net/gross profit margins. This was a film that, in all likelihood, did squeak into profitability but since the DVD/rental market is in shambles due to streaming the usual studio act of "EVERY FILM IS A TOTAL BOMB!" paired with this brutal WB/DC cost cutting the studio wants to call it a colossal failure for tax reasons but Dwayne was counting on some money. Now he's blackmailed them into giving him some hush money so the tax deals can continue.

AJUMP23

Not sure about the vitriol in this thread towards the movie. It was as solid 6 to 7/10 action hero movie, probably better than anything put out of the MCU in recent memory.
The movie was fine. I think on reflection the kid really killed the movie for a lot of people. I preferred DR Fate, and thought he was great. All the heroes fighting each other without a conversation at all is weird. There is no motivation for the Hawkman team at all to just come in swinging.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The movie was fine. I think on reflection the kid really killed the movie for a lot of people. I preferred DR Fate, and thought he was great. All the heroes fighting each other without a conversation at all is weird. There is no motivation for the Hawkman team at all to just come in swinging.
Agreed. I enjoyed the film for what it was but it definitely felt like 2-3 scripts mashed together.

TVexperto

Top Bottom