• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well it's Groundhog Day...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Wow ��
Removed the movie on Groundhog Day itself? That's some bullshit right there.

I/the wife was just happy to find the movie on Hulu tonight.

They probably signed a contract for a year, and it started on Feb 2nd and then ended on Feb 1st the following year. Probably would have had to pay a huge amount to have it for that one extra day only.

Anyway, I d2d pretty much every movie I want on vudu anyway. Rent from library, pay $1 per movie to own it digitally. I've had this one for a couple of years now that way.

adj_noun

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeb08cbUswk

LosDaddie

Banned
They probably signed a contract for a year, and it started on Feb 2nd and then ended on Feb 1st the following year. Probably would have had to pay a huge amount to have it for that one extra day only.

Anyway, I d2d pretty much every movie I want on vudu anyway. Rent from library, pay $1 per movie to own it digitally. I've had this one for a couple of years now that way.

That's a good point. I imagine those streaming licenses are expensive. But then again, for a movie like Groundhog Day, the movie studio should want the movie widely available on this day.

Also, I should use Vudu more often. Seems to work great on PS4.

weekev

Banned
Anton-Chekhov_zps4shkn4vs.jpg

When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

winter4.jpg

Just finished watching this on Hulu. Definitely one of my top favorite movies of all time. It's different for me everytime as I'm always several years older when I watch it again. The first time I saw it was in elementary school. Now I'm 28. My girlfriend and I will make this a yearly tradition as it's also one of her favorites.

Kurita

Funnily enough, I watched the film for the first time last night. Quite enjoyed it. My first Bill Murray film.

Audette

Thank you for this thread. Every time it comes back I tell my one friend about it and the forum in the exact same manner. I love it.

Lego Boss

In Spain the movie is officially called "Atrapado en el tiempo" (Trapped in time), but the majority of people still call the movie the name El Dia de la Marmota (The Groundhog Day). Strange fuck up by the translators that thought the new Spanish name for the movie would work better for marketing that translating the original English name as it is.

In Spain Die Hard is called Jungla d'Cristal (Jungle of Glass). Strange fuck up by the translators that thought the new Spanish name for the movie would work better for marketing that translating the original name as it is.

I still need to see Die Hard.

Magni

Funnily enough, I watched the film for the first time last night. Quite enjoyed it
but not as much as this thread to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom