• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the most toxic fandoms?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Star Wars fandom is more cringe than toxic IMO.

GTA Online, PSN: Absolutely intolerable. Endless racism, petty arguing, and hideous banter from what sounds like a particular brand of unemployed, uneducated men who either live at home in their 30's or live off some woman.

Awesomenauts, PSN: For those who don't know, it's a small little MOBA game on PSN and PC (maybe Xbox too, I dunno). I have played it sparingly, off and on, since about 2017. Those players are the absolute worst brand of dorks. Sending sweaty, poorly written chat messages telling you you suck, you should die, undecipherable rants of virgin rage. They add you to parties to go berserk over voice chat while you can hear their mom yelling at them in the background (even though they're 90% of the time clearly adults). Reporting you for cheating when you win. You name it.

StueyDuck

Pop culture in general.

It use to be you loved star wars so you bought a lunch box and made new friends at school who had a star wars backpack.

Now pop culture results in a weird parasocial ownership, you love star wars so now you feel you have the right to make a character this or force a director to do that. You are willing to attack others online because of your weird fetishes and strange behavior instead of just finding friendship or people with the same passion you have.

Social media once again is the primary issue Here, nothing makes you hate something quite like a toxic Fandom as well, usually k-pop would mean nothing to me, but the Fandom sure makes me hate k-pop

I could list off 100s of Fandoms that make something insufferable, I think that's just modern pop culture and we just needa be use to it.

Top Bottom