• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of your best value for money DLC?

Freeman76

One of my favourite games is Hunter call of the wild, last week they released their latest DLC reserve, Emerald Coast in Australia. This DLC was £5, and it will probably give me at least 50 hours of gameplay. Insane value for money.

Obviously CoTW is a niche title, tbh I gave it a spin on GP as it looked relaxing and I now have nearly 1000 hours in it, and I've never hunted irl or been interested in it. The fact it's a niche title and doesnt sell by the bucketload would make you think they would charge more, which makes the £5 price tag even better.

Another one I can think of was the DLC for Trials Evolution/Rising. Hundreds of hours of gameplay for just a few quid.

In an age where overpriced DLC lacking in content is the norm, I think it's good to recognise the companies that actually give you some true value for your hard earned cash.

What are some of your best value for money DLC?

Gold Member
I only buy DLC if it adds something akin to the expansion packs of yore - like you describe in the OP. So I don’t get much anymore lol

Always loved the GTA 4 expansions, thought they were good value. But sitting here struggling to remember anything worthwhile I bought since!

The Ringed City

dark-souls-iii-dark-souls-gothic-midevil-wallpaper.jpg

The old hunters

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

But nothing beats Blood and Wine.

W9wj5yv8kwteLYUhRgmV9n.jpg

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Rogue like DLC can be the excuse you need to put another 100 hours in the game. So for me FTL advanced edition and the binding of isaac DLCs have insane value. Same for strategy games like Starcraft Brood war.

Last edited:
Resident Evil 8: Winter‘s Expansion was worth the money.

The same with RE7 with that crazy strong uncle who beat everyone up instead of weapons :D

skit_data

When it comes to being pretty much essential I'd say the Witcher 3 DLCs, the Dark Souls 1-3 and Old Hunters DLCs are up there. Both because of what they bring in terms of story but also gameplay.

very good was d3: reaper of souls xpack, unbeatable value(literally few k of hours played) is d2 lord of destruction xpack
I think that ros is the last good thing g blizzard did. They managed to turn d3 around with it, which was nice. The blizzard xpacs of yore were also great.

From soft expansions are phenomenal

Drizzlehell

Banned
The Witcher 3 expansions

Any Elder Scrolls Online expansion

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Any of the New Vegas DLCs

Mass Effect 2 and 3 DLCs

Dragon Age 1, 2, and 3 story DLCs

Dishonored 1 DLCs

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den

Bioshock Infinite - Burial at Sea 1 and 2

Prey - Mooncrash

kingfish

Point Lookout for Fallout 3.
Old World Blues for Fallout New Vegas
Far Harbor for Fallout 4.
The Shivering Isles for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dragonborn for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Hearts of Stone for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Blood and Wine for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Following for Dying Light
War of the Chosen for XCOM 2
The Frozen Wilds for Horizon: Zero Dawn
Burning Shoes for Horizon: Forbidden West
Minerva's Den for BioShock 2

Just to name a few...

oji-san

Banned
The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.
Fallout New Vegas all DLCs.
And also comes to mind when i think about DLCs i enjoyed is Mafia 3 which i was glad i got the edition with the season pass.

Mr Branding

Gta 4 both Dlc’s were great
Rdr Undead Nightmare
Oblivion and Skyrim also had quality Dlc
Witcher 3 has some of the best expansions.

This thing was $10 dollars back in the day. Nowadays they would try to sell us this for $40 lol.
red-dead-redemption-undead-nightmare---button-1547078480134.jpg
Nowadays they charge up to $100 just for ingame money that you can spend on a stupid car that they could vault when they feel like it.

Rockstar was at their best when they put out DLC like Undead Nightmare and Ballad/Lost & Damned for GTA IV.

Top Bottom