• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of your best value for money DLC?

Pretty much Fromsoft games and Bethesda games. Horse armor aside (which I never bought), both developers make expansion content that doesn’t reuse assets and adds significant hours of content to the game that’s on par or even better than the main game’s content.

BioWare used to be good at this too; ME2 and 3 had top notch Add-ons and the Awakening expansion for Dragon Age Origins was pretty good and rich on content for the price. Now they can’t even make games as good as past DLCs.

Most other Add-ons/DLCs for other games I play just feel lazy or half assed because they reuse assets, are too short for the price, and/or have half baked gameplay that isn’t as fun as the main game. The most recent example of this I played was RE8’s DLC. It was nothing but reused areas from the main game, and it was more of a walking sim than an RE game. Thankfully got it on sale. In comparison, at least RE2 Remake’s half-assed reused asset DLC was free.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
AC Odyssey's EXP boost.

Say what you will, that shit made the game a lot more enjoyable.

Business

RDR Undead Nightmare or both DLC's for GTA IV were amazing, sadly it's not something Rockstar does these days.
TLOU 1 story DLC was great. Uncharted 4 LL which ended up being stand alone but was meant to be DLC and iirc still bought it as such, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Mario Kart 8 DLC is quality too.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
TWhD1VP.jpg

q4DTsKz.jpg

ax1O34w.jpg

GwlmJxD.jpg

Off the top of my head I think these are the ones I've played the most. In the case of Snowrunner I've bought all of the DLC to date and as of now it's my most played game in, well, forever.. the funny thing is though that if you'd explained the premise of Snowrunner to me i'd probably say it sounds like the most boring game on earth.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dlc is important and show’s creators abilities, I could see mass effect 2’s cerberus network, and Spider-Man’s the city that never sleeps being bought.

Ristifer

They’ve already been mentioned a ton, but Blood & Wine and Hearts of Stone are truly awesome. They’re honestly beyond DLC as we know it.

Top Bottom