• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the three oldest games in your current rotation?

SoloCamo

Super Mario RPG (1996)
Unreal Tournament (1999)
Morrowind (2002)

I mean, I play older games than those, but these three are pretty much my go to nostalgia hits.

Last edited:
Rocket League Kcp GIF by Kansas City Pioneers

Cover Shooting GIF by Rainbow Six Siege

Video Game Yes GIF by PUBG Battlegrounds

Last edited:

Ben87fr

I don't have 3 games but i'm currently playing Okami and it's incredible, can't believe it's an 18 years old game

SCB3

Right now

Elden Ring - 2022, 2nd playthrough for all achievements and DLC prep
Pokemon Black - 2006 - Going through all of the main games from Ruby/Sapphire to X/Y as I missed them
Destiny 2- Technically 2017 but played the original since its release as well in 2014

On and Off

Final Fantasy XIV - Still only up to Stormblood, planning on picking it back up soon for that and the expansion after

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Playing Dragon Warrior (NES) right now.
Approve South Park GIF

I've been watching some older vid-essays on the franchise, just love the games and their history plus music and art. III is still my fave but 1-5 are just awesome. Can't wait for that 2D-HD remake.

For me currently...

Shining Force
Golden Axe series with muh GF
Resident Evils Code Veronica, 4, 1 Remake & Revelations
Mechwarrior 5 for my Battletech needs. I can't wait for the Clans game. Hope they don't F it up.

Quasicat

I have been showing my 7 year old some of the classics, we just finished a full run through of Super Mario World (1991) and have moved on to a full run through of Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988).
For my personal title, it would be SimCity (1991) for the SNES. It’s my go to game when I get stressed out at work, usually in late April throughout May.

EruditeHobo

Where can i get the game?
Edit: on GOG, gonna get this right now, never played it Day of the Tentacle is one of my fav games of all time. I hope this ones also good.

It's really hard for me to divorce these games from the nostalgia I have for them, but personally this is my favorite of the Lucas adventure games. And I say that passionately loving almost all of them.

This just hit me at the perfect time in the mid-90s. The animations and designs were great, the humor and character was fantastic and probably ahead of its time, the adventure elements were fun and engaging without being super frustrating... I just loved everything about it.

That said it's hard to say how anyone, even me, would react to it now.

Last edited:

amigastar

It's really hard for me to divorce these games from the nostalgia I have for them, but personally this is my favorite of the Lucas adventure games. And I say that passionately loving almost all of them.

his just hit me at the perfect time in the mid-90s. The animations and designs were great, the humor and character was fantastic and ahead of its time... it's hard to say how anyone would react to it now.
I get what you mean with nostalgia, I'm sure i will love it, the same way i love Monkey Island 1-3.

marjo

Not including my yearly replay of Half Life 2:

Left 4 Dead 2 - 2009
Rock Band 3 - 2010
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 2017

Hrk69

Cyberpunk 2077
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Dyson Sphere Program (legendary game, on par with Factorio imo)

Vyse

Gold Member
Approve South Park GIF

I've been watching some older vid-essays on the franchise, just love the games and their history plus music and art. III is still my fave but 1-5 are just awesome. Can't wait for that 2D-HD remake.

For me currently...

Shining Force
Golden Axe series with muh GF
Resident Evils Code Veronica, 4, 1 Remake & Revelations
Mechwarrior 5 for my Battletech needs. I can't wait for the Clans game. Hope they don't F it up.
Dude get out of my head. 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom