• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your current YouTube recommendations?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
hoK11Zs.png

They REALLY want me to
continue to
watch prison documentaries.

yxDYSxr.png

The recommended system is extremely reactive to the most recent stuff you've watched. Watch a couple videos from some decently large youtuber and your recommended section will get taken over by them.

Lucumo

Watched some Nightcore, and immediately half of the recommendation list is full of it. Not that they are useful anyway, as I've seen the other videos displayed there already.

ytz1ug2.png

Lucumo

I took the picture on my 720p tv I use for my second monitor. When I use my 1080p monitor I get 6 per row.

I would say that makes sense...but then again, it's not really optimized anyway (like they could remove the free space and place another two in my case).

Conjo

Banned
sQFqyIk.png

Been watching some gaming history videos lately.

I'm surprised that YouTube so readily recommends livestreams of tv shows, I get multiple recommended to myself.

Yeah, I've been getting recommendations for South Park and Spongebob even though I've barely watched anything about them on Youtube.

"Hey Cav, I see you spent all damn evening watching Comic Con trailers, so here's some nerd movie shit and btw you're getting a little behind on your DoubleToasted uploads."

4IJcc5P.jpg

Laieon

hoK11Zs.png

They REALLY want me to
continue to
watch prison documentaries.

I want if something is going around because Youtube keeps recommending them to me as well.
I've watched way to many of them this past week.

y9BWPCb.png

Usually get a mix of tech stuff, photography stuff, art stuff, Gordon Ramsay and hot sauce videos, and game related video.

bjork

Nothing apparently. I guess turning off watch history disables the recommended page.

That's how mine is too, because it kept giving me recommendations for a bunch of stuff I have zero interest in, especially if my actual view history was taken into consideration.

Top Bottom