• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your thoughts on Sony's Invizimals series? Best games? AR cards now in UK.

OqdqHn3.jpg

What are people's thoughts on the Invizimals series? Individual games and the series as a whole? What would be the ones someone should play and the ones that could be skipped?

With that thread about home console Pokémon clones I remembered Invizimals. PS Plus gave out the first game in November 2015 and this past April they gave out the PS3 game.

I actually bought a bundle of the first game with PSP camera for $3 new from Gamestop two years ago even though I don't have a PSP yet.

Make-the-Most-out-of-Your-PSP-Step-6Bullet1.jpg

Aside from Invizimals I think the only game that used the camera in the West was EyePets.

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the series on Gaf. Only the first game got an OT.

cY52B_d.jpg

And there were only 36 posts.

There were though a lot of games:

Invizimals (November 13, 2009/October 12, 2010)
114046_front.jpg

Invizimals: Shadow Zone (November 12, 2010/October 25, 2011)
162485_front.jpg

Invizimals: The Lost Tribes (November 4, 2011/September 23, 2014)
197520_front.jpg

Invizimals: The Alliance (October 30,2013/September 30, 2014)
276723_front.jpg

Invizimals: Lost Kingdom (October 30,2013/September 30, 2014)
276719_front.jpg

Invizimals: The Resistance (October 29, 2014/May 26, 2015)
430599_front.jpg

As well as tons of mobile apps/games.

Invizimals:
Hidden Challenges Commercial

Various products like cards

invizmals-tcg-03.jpg

and toys.

There was also a 26 episode animated series released in 2013 that's on Netflix.

SonyInvizimalsBLE13.jpg

The titles seemed more popular in Europe and extremely popular in Spain.

A 2014 interview with SCEE Licensing Manager David Evans:

How advanced is the licensing programme for Invizimals and LittleBigPlanet currently? Which partners are on board and in which categories?

We are building the foundation of the licensing programme for Invizimals. Panini were the first partner to come on board with stickers and collectibles and have been an excellent case study for the brand as they have sold over 44 million sticker packs and 31 million trading cards to date in Europe. We then signed IMC Toys as the global toy partner at the end of last year and initial sales have been very strong. On LittleBigPlanet, We have agreed a deal with NECA for toys and collectables, a strategy guide with Brady Games and Bioworld will again be creating lines of fashion apparel, gifts and accessories with GBEye working with us on posters, badges and giftware. Also on LBP we have launched a range of apparel with Insert Coin.
http://www.licensing.biz/big-interviews/read/the-big-interview-david-evans-european-licensing-manager-sony-computer-entertainment-europe/040876

Also in 2014 Playstation in NA did the following:

Playstation Blog said:
Hello again, PlayStation nation! It’s my pleasure to bring you an update about the Invizimals franchise, and my, what an update it is!

Across the next two weeks we’ll be launching five separate Invizimals titles digitally across the PS3 and PS Vita, and I’m here to tell you exactly what’s on the way.

Today we’ll see the digital release of 3 titles — Invizimals, Invizimals: Shadow Zone, and for the first time ever in North America, Invizimals: The Lost Tribes. These first three PSP titles introduced the world to the wonderful cast of Invizimals — and now you’ll be able to enjoy them digitally wherever and whenever you like.

All three digital PSP releases have been modified in order to take advantage of the AR Play cards included with every Vita system. As long as you have one AR Play card with you, you’ll be ready for whatever Invizimal happens to be hiding nearby.

As if that wasn’t enough, next Tuesday, September 30th, will see the launch of both Invizimals: The Alliance for PS Vita and Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom for PS3. Both games tell the story of the battle against the evil Xtractor robots, but are told from two completely different perspectives.

You’re the star in Invizimals: The Alliance. As the successor to the PSP entries, you’ll use nearly every Vita hardware feature to capture a whole host of new creatures and help the Alliance investigate the Invizimal disturbance in our world. There’s even a 4-player adhoc and online battle mode — perfect for testing the skills of the Invizimals you encounter in the single-player story.

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom is a 3rd-person, action-adventure that follows the story of Hiro — a star member of The Alliance who gets sent into the Invizimal world to fend off an enemy threat. You’ll be able to transform into 16 distinct Invizimals, each with its own abilities and attack styles, as well as challenge your friends with the same multiplayer mode found in The Alliance.

In fact, both The Alliance and The Lost Kingdom support cross play — both locally and online — for the 4-player multiplayer mode! Not only can you battle your friends’ Invizimals across titles, but you can also transfer creatures and items back and forth as well — feel free to keep your favorite Invizimals and items on the platform of your choice.

We’ll have more on Invizimals in the future, but in the meantime, keep your eyes peeled, get up off that couch, and go have fun hunting!
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/23/invizimals-the-alliance-the-lost-kingdom-launch-next-week/

Surprised at them making PSP games work with Vita features.

What does the future hold for Invizimals? The AR card game just came to the UK two months ago.

I wonder if they'll be part of Sony's big mobile push.

After all this was previously tweeted:
3x6w7YZ_d.jpg

The thread on that tweet was the longest Invizimals thread on GAF even getting locked.

The concept certainly seems neat.

I've played like three of the games and they're just okay.
They did really well in Spain, from what I know, though.
I like the concept but the monsters are mostly bland and the AR doesn't work as well as I'd like it to.

Top Bottom