• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you use as a games release/upcoming games calendar?

kicker

Banned
I'm looking for something that shows upcoming games, but ideally allows me to add any games I want, and also adjusts to release delays, betas, demos and studio suggested release windows. A fixed article list just doesn't work efficiently nor intuitively.

So far, sorting by release date on Steam wishlist is the best I've seen so far.

What do you use?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I have an app called Gameye for my collection, and it has an upcoming games section you can wishlist then sort. But I can't edit dates.

Imo the best thing is doing it yourself on Excel.

kicker

Banned
Imo the best thing is doing it yourself on Excel
I thought about this, but the effort of constantly updating it doesn't seem worth it over what I currently use (add to steam wishlist and sort by upcoming)

I have an app called Gameye for my collection, and it has an upcoming games section you can wishlist then sort. But I can't edit dates.
That Gameye app is cool though.

A little too focused on collections for me, but the section for upcoming games sorta does what I want, mostly.

Only things missing are the option to only view individual games (not different collections or variants of the same game) and the ability to add games beyond what options they show you.
A monthly or yearly collated view would be nice too.
I like that it uses gamdb as its source too.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: TLZ
I just focus on the upcoming games I'm anticipating while playing current games or backlog content. Then when a game gets announced I take in its measure, if it catches my eye.

TLZ

Banned
I thought about this, but the effort of constantly updating it doesn't seem worth it over what I currently use (add to steam wishlist and sort by upcoming)

That Gameye app is cool though.

A little too focused on collections for me, but the section for upcoming games sorta does what I want, mostly.

Only things missing are the option to only view individual games (not different collections or variants of the same game) and the ability to add games beyond what options they show you.
A monthly or yearly collated view would be nice too.
I like that it uses gamdb as its source too.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Glad I helped somehow :)

kicker

Banned
Problem solved!
You can change the console/region you want in the up left corner, and check past months/years to check if u missed something interesting!

Best site ever;

https://www.releases.com/l/PlayStation_5_Games/2023/5/
Oh, nice. Thank you. This site is as close to ideal as I've seen so far.

If it had the ability to add more games you wanted to track (for indies and such) from a library as big as steam, as well as not being limited to two regions (neither of which I'm in) it would be perfect.

Regardless, thanks again for the recommendation. I'll probably be using this a lot from now

kicker

Banned
Problem solved!
You can change the console/region you want in the up left corner, and check past months/years to check if u missed something interesting!

Best site ever;

https://www.releases.com/l/PlayStation_5_Games/2023/5/
Yeah, I have to recommend this to anyone looking for something close to what I described. Apart from a few nitpicks it's perfect so far.
Pros:
- Lists out games by month and platform
- Can track specific games and view them on a separate calendar
- Tells you exactly how much time is left till release.
- It has a really large library so I haven't come across too many games (apart from early access stuff) that's missing
- Covers movies and TV too

Nitpicky cons:
- Can't add games, so limited to only the items they have (It's a large listing though)
- Unsure whether they send you an email when a game you're tracking has released
- I also would like the option to go directly to a game's steam/gog/other digital store page. Right now it seems to link only to amazon physical orders page ( Wouldn't be surprised if it uses amazon's listings as a source based on the next point) edit: yeah, it links to steam pages, this thing is great
- Options for more regions is sorely needed (so far just UK and US
- Night mode would be nice

ZPhUFWc.jpg
O7Ip6Xn.jpg
pdhNmYE.jpg

Great overall and a strong recommend.

The Gameye app recommended earlier is also really good.

Thanks again, guys

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Just my everyday Google calendar, green for game releases.

kicker

Banned
pardon the bump, but this site is great. A little buggy recently though

Yeah, I have to recommend this to anyone looking for something close to what I described. Apart from a few nitpicks it's perfect so far.
Pros:
- Lists out games by month and platform
- Can track specific games and view them on a separate calendar
- Tells you exactly how much time is left till release.
- It has a really large library so I haven't come across too many games (apart from early access stuff) that's missing
- Covers movies and TV too

Nitpicky cons:
- Can't add games, so limited to only the items they have (It's a large listing though)
- Unsure whether they send you an email when a game you're tracking has released
- I also would like the option to go directly to a game's steam/gog/other digital store page. Right now it seems to link only to amazon physical orders page ( Wouldn't be surprised if it uses amazon's listings as a source based on the next point) edit: yeah, it links to steam pages, this thing is great
- Options for more regions is sorely needed (so far just UK and US
- Night mode would be nice

ZPhUFWc.jpg
O7Ip6Xn.jpg
pdhNmYE.jpg

Great overall and a strong recommend.

The Gameye app recommended earlier is also really good.

Thanks again, guys

Been using it for a while and just noticed it also tracks mod projects.

skyfall

I just look at the new list and upcoming list on my xbox store page and switch store page once every so often

You can add any of them to the wish list

drotahorror

Glad u guys liked the suggestion! I use that site for years, and also sometimes i discover a good quiet obscure game! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I look at it from time to time. Never thought about making an account and tracking games. Might be something I'll do when I get some spare time.

Top Bottom