• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What exclusives will Xbox One have in 2017?

Halo 5 releasing this year, the next main installment won't be out until 2018 at the earliest.
Gear 4 releasing in 2016, a wildcard, could be crap for all we know so a Gears 5 is not a lock, but even then it won't be out until 2019 at earliest.
Quantum Break releasing 2016, so next Remedy project won't be out until 2022 at the earliest.
Forza 7 maybe? Depending on whether MS is happy with Forza 6 sales.
Crackdown is fairly low-key but could be a good demonstration for cloud computing if it plays anything like the demos.
Fable is doing god knows what, I don't think anyone is very optimistic about Lionhead's work anymore. At least Mulinex gave us grand promises that excited, even if he never really delivered on them.
So what's in the cards for the near future for MS, will 2017 just be a quite year?

OP... is that you?

tumblr_mqgoljo6ZY1rmzbyjo1_500.gif

Yeah, I love my PS4 as much as the next guy, but the only things we know are coming to that system in 2017 are a few third-party titles that've been announced early (like FF7r, and in the US, I suspect DQ11 will be a 2017 game).

I doubt that FF7r comes out 2017. After all, Square Enix struggles to get Final Fantasy's out on time as it is. When you factor in the amount of stuff in FF7 and that need there will be to tinker, we aren't getting that until 2018 at the earliest.

AmyS

Halo Wars 1/2 (remaster/new), Sea of Pirates, ReCore
?
, Forza 7, Minecraft 2?

I anticipate Halo 6 to be announced 2017ish and released in 2018 fall or in the next console, as it falls in/around that timeline for 2019 for the next Gen console release IMO.

My thoughts are halo 6 being day one on next console and that gives them time to tweak the engine and ots port to the XB1.

Yep, I think that's a good possibility.

I doubt that FF7r comes out 2017. After all, Square Enix struggles to get Final Fantasy's out on time as it is. When you factor in the amount of stuff in FF7 and that need there will be to tinker, we aren't getting that until 2018 at the earliest.

2017 is 20th anniversary of FF7, so i think SE will at least try to make it 2017.

Donkey Kong 17
Bubsy Kart
Monster Truck Madness 3: Fleshlight Fuck Factory
Ham Sandwich
Crash Bandicoot & Spyro the Dragon at the Olympic Games
Deadly Tide 2: Let's Get Deadly
3D Movie Maker: McZee's 4D Nose

a.wd

ha haha aha ahaha ahaha!!!

Brilliant OP, was just grabbing some lunch now I will have a smile on my face for the rest of the day, bravo.

Oh and the return of all the xbox og exclusives that got left behind

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I"m sure we'll find out man. Ease up.

There's so bloody much for 2016 that I'm sure a couple will go out to 2017 anyway and between all those damned exclusives next year plus multiplats you'd have enough games ot play in 2017 anyway.

2017 is 20th anniversary of FF7, so i think SE will at least try to make it 2017.

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like they announced it for then, but I think the same thing. That 20th anniversary is too appealing for me to think they won't push to get it done by then.

And given the suspicion that it'll be running on UE4, and not weird shit like Luminous, I think it may well be possible.

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like they announced it for then, but I think the same thing. That 20th anniversary is too appealing for me to think they won't push to get it done by then.

And given the suspicion that it'll be running on UE4, and not weird shit like Luminous, I think it may well be possible.

or they will bring out a crisis core remaster in 2017 with an Demo for the Remake.

Ceadeus

I think we'll know later or even at E3. I think we might be surprised. Sometime the best titles are not announced à year before it comes out.

Trup1aya

Halo 5 releasing this year, the next main installment won't be out until 2018 at the earliest.
Gear 4 releasing in 2016, a wildcard, could be crap for all we know so a Gears 5 is not a lock, but even then it won't be out until 2019 at earliest.
Quantum Break releasing 2016, so next Remedy project won't be out until 2022 at the earliest.
Forza 7 maybe? Depending on whether MS is happy with Forza 6 sales.
Crackdown is fairly low-key but could be a good demonstration for cloud computing if it plays anything like the demos.
Fable is doing god knows what, I don't think anyone is very optimistic about Lionhead's work anymore. At least Mulinex gave us grand promises that excited, even if he never really delivered on them.
So what's in the cards for the near future for MS, will 2017 just be a quite year?

Holy shit, there is literally no way of knowing...

Surely there will be some sequels, and hopefully some new IPs...

If history has taught us anything. Forza, Halo, Fable, and some exclusive that will strike up some controversy (think Tomb Raider and Titanfall as past examples).

To me that has been part of MS's problem is that they are a little too predictable. They're biggest studios are set up to make certain games. Even a new promising studio (Black Tusk) was literally renamed to be a studio to make Gears of War games. If weren't interested in those franchises before, more entries likely won't change your mind. Their wildcards are Rare and Remedy, the latter likely won't release another game for like 5 years after Quantum Break.

Maybe others find strength in that though. Knowing that there will be a Gears of War every other year and Halo on the alternating and a Forza entry every year. With a dash of something else every once and awhile ( Sea of Thieves and Crackdown and Scalebound, some or all of which may slip to 2017).

People keep saying this, but it's not like MS' in house studios make all of there exclusives...

Ryse was Crytek
Dead Rising- Capcom
Killer Instict- Double Helix/ Iron Galaxy
Sunset Overdrive- Insomniac
Ori- Moon Studios
Recore- Comcept
Cuphead- Studio MDHR
Gigantic- Motiga
Scalebound- Platinum
Quantum Break- Remedy
Crackdown- Reagent Games, Cloudgine, Sumo Digital
Halo Wars 2- creative assembly

The point is, MS doesn't have to own the development studio, or even the IP to secure great content for their platform... They are also open to allowing outside developers make games using MS IP.

As a consumer... Why should be care who owns what? All that matters is that we have a diverse set of games to play, which MS is actually delivering, despite the "gears, Forza, halo" comment people keep regurgitating.

I expect MS to continue to keep fostering 2nd and 3rd party relationships to bring in exclusive new experiences.

Montresor

Halo Wars 2
Recore
Alan Wake Remastered
Forza Horizon 3
Fez 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 4
Half Life 3
Portal 3

Fez2, MvC4, Half Life 3, and Portal 3 are all revived by good samaritan Microosft Studios ala Street Fighter, Shenmue, etc..., and will be released on Steam.

That's a solid exclusive lineup for 2017.

They'll have released a Halo and Gears by then. So, it does make you wonder what will be their big exclusive for that year. I guess we can say there will definitely be more Forza though.

For Sony, they still have whatever Sucker Punch is working on, Gran Turismo 7, God of War 4, Sony Bend. I don't see all of that releasing next year so we have one or two possible 2017 titles just within WWS.

IHaveIce

Banned
Microsoft likes to announce games that are in reach of release(except phantom dust). They will anounce them next year.

It is not like with Sony were you will see announcements of games at E3 that are not ouz for years lmao

Audioboxer

I'm sure the Christian fanatics will have predicted the world ending correctly before 2017. So no games for anyone.

eerik9000

Isn't Recore scheduled for Spring 2016? You think it's getting delayed by a whole year?

I don't know if Microsoft wants to support two over-the-top open world series at the same time, though. ...and since they own the rights to Crackdown but not Sunset Overdrive, they're probably going to pick CD if they have to chose between the two.

Isn't Crackdown 3 scheduled for Summer 2016?

You guys are way too pessimistic thinking everything is getting delayed.

Leflus

Will sunset overdrive 2 be out then, or will that be an e3 2016 surprise?
We can always hope...

I don't know if Microsoft wants to support two over-the-top open world series at the same time, though. ...and since they own the rights to Crackdown but not Sunset Overdrive, they're probably going to pick CD if they have to chose between the two.

Hopefully SSO gets to live on through a different publisher if Microsoft decides to not fund the sequel.

Phanton Dust
Conker 2
Banjo Threeie
Press Play Knoxville
Azurik
Rise of Nations 2
Alan Wake 2
Ryse 2
Dead Rising 4
Condemned 3
Sunset Overdrive 2
Crimson Dragon 2
Crimson Dragon Saga
D4 Season 3 (See what I did here :p)
True Fantasy Live Online
New Platinum Game
MGS 6 (They will buy Metal Gear from Konami to make jokes on how MGS saved MGS)

Outrun

We can always hope...

Hopefully SSO gets to live on through a different publisher if Microsoft decides to not fund the sequel.

SSO is owned by Insomniac. So, they could hook up with a publisher or other 1st party for a sequel.

Forza 7 is a lock, no questions about it, it's coming in 2 years.

Halo Wars is probably 2017.

One of the 2016 releases could slip into spring 2017.

Hopefully Sunset Overdrive 2.

So there's at least 2-3.

Maybe that meh looking Rare mmo?

can we get through 2016 first

Shouldn't we wait for 2016 E3 before jumping to conclusions?

You guys say wait but OP listed all their major studios finishing games this and next year, so what AAA game could there be for the year after? AAA games take more than 12 months to make + it's not like MS have been creating new major studios.

Holy shit, there is literally no way of knowing...

Surely there will be some sequels, and hopefully some new IPs...

People keep saying this, but it's not like MS' in house studios make all of there exclusives...

Ryse was Crytek
Dead Rising- Capcom
Killer Instict- Double Helix/ Iron Galaxy
Sunset Overdrive- Insomniac
Ori- Moon Studios
Recore- Comcept
Cuphead- Studio MDHR
Gigantic- Motiga
Scalebound- Platinum
Quantum Break- Remedy
Crackdown- Reagent Games, Cloudgine, Sumo Digital
Halo Wars 2- creative assembly

The point is, MS doesn't have to own the development studio, or even the IP to secure great content for their platform... They are also open to allowing outside developers make games using MS IP.

As a consumer... Why should be care who owns what? All that matters is that we have a diverse set of games to play, which MS is actually delivering, despite the "gears, Forza, halo" comment people keep regurgitating.

I expect MS to continue to keep fostering 2nd and 3rd party relationships to bring in exclusive new experiences.

Fair enough, but I did say there would be a dash of exclusives outside of the MS developed games as well, with a big 3rd party exclusive that would cause controversy. However, those are hard to pinpoint. What is a certainty for 2017, however, is Forza, Halo, and maybe something with the Fable property. Personally think it would be cool if 343 would create a new IP instead, the problem as I mentioned in my post is that it is almost a 100% guarantee it won't be anything but another Halo. I mean the name of the studio is based on a Halo character after all. That lack of surprise is a little disappointing. It would be one thing if 343 was the only MS studio set up that way but nearly all their top studios are dedicated to a particular franchise. Imagine the disappointment if Naughty Dog renamed themselves Drake's Studio and made semi annual Uncharted games forever. Sure other games from other studios would come out, but that is a big limitation on one of Sony's biggest talents.

VeeP

Fair enough, but I did say there would be a dash of exclusives outside of the MS developed games as well. However, those are hard to pinpoint. What is a certainty for 2017, however, is Forza, Halo, and maybe something with the Fable property. Personally think it would be cool if 343 would create a new IP instead, the problem as I mentioned in my post is that it is almost a 100% guarantee it won't be anything but another Halo. I mean the name of the studio is based on a Halo character after all. That lack of surprise is a little disappointing. It would be one thing if 343 was the only MS studio set up that way but nearly all their top studios are dedicated to a particular franchise. Imagine the disappointment if Naughty Dog renamed themselves Drake's Studio and made semi annual Uncharted games forever. Sure other games from other studios would come out, but that is a big limitation on one of Sony's biggest talents.

But if Naughtydog was developed with the sole purpose of making Uncharted games, Drakes studio would make sense.

Turn 10 and 343i were developed to make specific games. For Turn 10 that's racing titles, and they've done a great job. For 343i that's making and overseeing Halo titles and the Halo franchise. Comics, animation, live action, spin offs, etc.

Microsoft has great line ups in 2015 and 2016. Most 2017 releases probably haven't even been announced yet. This thread is like a year premature.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III
Alan Wake 2
Crimson Skies: Red Baron's Revenge
State of Decay: Survival of the Fittest
Halo 6
Forza 7
Ori and the Forbidden Ocean
Sunset Overdrive 2
Age of Empires: Space Odyssey
Minecraft 2