• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games are you hoping to purchase for cheap Black Friday?

I'll buy pretty much anything on the Switch eshop that's at least 50% off. And there's a shortlist of stuff that I'll grab at any discount (incl. LEGO City Undercover, Cave Story, anything Bethesda). Normally I wouldn't put any hope in Black Friday digital discounts for a recently released Nintendo system, but I thought that the timing of Nintendo's addition of the Games on Sale category to the eshop was promising.

If there's anything like the $99 3DS from last year (which I missed by like a minute!), I'll grab it quickly. Similarly, I'm keeping my eyes open for interesting PS4 bundles.

Games and systems aside, I use a projector for my living room, but I periodically bring it out to the backyard to play movies and whatnot for company. It's really annoying to take it off the ceiling and move every AV component outside (then reverse the whole process where we're done), so I'm open to buying duplicates of everything. The projector is the only really expensive component involved, so I'll be paying attention for something nice on that note.

Indelible

Wolfenstein 2 and South Park The Fractured but Whole, I know I will enjoy them but I can wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
If the PS4 Pro drops to $300, then I will be getting myself a new gaming system! Otherwise, I'll just save my money, not sure what else I'd want. The backlog's pretty massive, ya know.

border

Usually around this time of year Toys R Us and/or Target do a Buy 2 Get 1 sale on games. Is that happening at all?

bosh

Have a wheel now for GT Sport so if Project Cars 2 or F1 2017 go cheap I will pick one up for sure. Don't feel like I need another racing game now but with a wheel I feel obligated to buy them all now

If the PS4 Pro drops to $300, then I will be getting myself a new gaming system! Otherwise, I'll just save my money, not sure what else I'd want. The backlog's pretty massive, ya know.

Not sure if we will see it hit $300. There will be plenty of bundles on sale probably.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Switch stuff for me. I haven't bought into a Nintendo system in years so I don't really know if they do holiday sales but hopefully a lot of the indie stuff on the eshop will be on sale. Being able to play stuff on the go/in bed (or at work) really opens up those long form games for me again in a way I've not experienced since having kids.

Usually around this time of year Toys R Us and/or Target do a Buy 2 Get 1 sale on games. Is that happening at all?

Either Buy 2 Get 1 or Buy 3 get them for 30%. Either way I recommend keeping an eye on CAG for the ads, as they get them weeks ahead of time.

kunonabi

I usually go crazy on the PSN sales but this year I'll have to refrain since I got a new TV. If I get anything for Black Friday it will be a Sony 4k blu ray player and a 4TB external hard drive for my PS4.

breadtruck

Probably gonna try to get Horizon Zero Dawn and Wolfenstein 2.

Im not sure there is anything else I want that I havent picked up already.

Raimond

I need to get a cheap Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, and Ni-Oh. They came out so early this year that they should be dirt cheap.

Chastten

Banned
Black friday isn't really a thing here, but maybe I can finally, FINALLY, buy a graphics or something for a normal price. I've been holding off buying one for over 2 years now, and I have some games in my Steam library I havent played yet cause my current card isn't even close to powerful enough for any kind of modern game.

Otherwise, probably some Steam games as I think Steam does Black friday sales, no?

Top Bottom