• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games would you use to teach little kids English?

Oscar

I have a 5 year old in kinder. She's learning how to read, and Costume Quest 2 seems to have sparked some interest. She really wants to figure out what the kids are saying, so she'll sit there and try to read the dialogue.

Same thing with Roblox. They have "obby's" where the creator leaves simple worded hints throughout the map, so she reads those too.

TI82

Banned
Old pokemom games. They don't have a lot of dialogues, are easy to play and they can teach A LOT of vocabulary just with the attacks. I still remember with nostalgia some words I learned playing pokemon Red/Blue. Embers, Blizzard, Razor (leaf), (double) Edge, bite, leer...very helpful.

Yep, this is how I learned how to read.

Fisty

I literally think they should give kids Gameboys in 1st and 2nd grade with a copy of Pokemon Blue/Red. Kids love it and the repetitive words and commands along with already knowing a lot of the words they can associate the pictures and letters with. Great great tool for teaching kids to read, would probably help non-native speakers as well

Top Bottom