• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is going on with Xbox Live?

I came home yesterday evening after being away for 1.5 weeks, and all I wanted to do after my long drive was finish the tail end of MGSV on Xbox One. I was unaware of how severe the problems had been. I thought the chatter was maybe about friends lists not populating or some other issue of similar size. This has been disappointing.

I see people joking about Undertow, but I'd sure appreciate some sort of compensation at this point for the inconvenience. A week or Gold added to my account. Something.

CduKHqc.png

Sorry to quote this again but damn did I just LOL at work.

Mikey Jr.

I thought those idiots usually attack both services together?

I think they want to focus all their effort on taking down 1 service.

I also think this is still going to go on for a while. You take down live for a day or two, ok whatever. Everyone kinda moves on.

You start messing with the service for 2 weeks? People start noticing, writing articles, getting pissed off, etc.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now imagine if the console was only online. The uproar would be magnitudes worse, justifiably so.

Now imagine if the console was only online. The uproar would be magnitudes worse, justifiably so.
I have said this, only to be shouted down by a select group of people saying that an always online console would be better prepared for intermittent outages like this one.

Shenmue

Banned
Only that one time during Christmas.

I think they want to focus all their effort on taking down 1 service.

I also think this is still going to go on for a while. You take down live for a day or two, ok whatever. Everyone kinda moves on.

You start messing with the service for 2 weeks? People start noticing, writing articles, getting pissed off, etc.

Ahh I'm going to guess that after they've had their fun with XBL they'll be going after PSN.

Ahh I'm going to guess that after they've had their fun with XBL they'll be going after PSN.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they're going after XBL and Xbox One right now in order to highlight its shortcomings right before the big Xbox and Windows 10 event happening later this week.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I was online all evening yesterday, playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, no online issues. Weird.

Yeah yesterday was the first time i experienced any issues and it didnt last long. My pins werent showing up and Rocket League wouldnt let me 'press any button to start'. Aside from that, it was basically normal.

STEaMkb

Sony has been targeted plenty of times by these groups. When PlayStation is targeted, most people attribute the downtime to PSN generally being poor. They don't care for context.

It's important not to acknowledge or get into a mud slinging fight with them. Look at what happened to John Smedley.

Rockyrock

I wonder why DDOS attacks are so much more prevalent this gen? (if thats what it is)

either way its really fucking annoying at the rate in which its happening.

I wonder why DDOS attacks are so much more prevalent this gen? (if thats what it is)

either way its really fucking annoying at the rate in which its happening.
Botnets are more available, and are easier than ever to hire. If you have the money, you can take down practically any site or network easily.

I wish people would quit regurgitating this ddos bullshit unless it has been confirmed by MS or a group claiming responsibility.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

EDIT: Looks like it's a duck, son.

Besides, this is a forum for conversation. If all you're going to do is criticize the conversation, you can feel free to leave.

watership

Xbox Live Service Status has been clean since I checked this this morning and now. Did something hit briefly in between?

iMax

I have said this, only to be shouted down by a select group of people saying that an always online console would be better prepared for intermittent outages like this one.

Well it probably would, considering the magnitude of bad press would be astronomical compared to this.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

EDIT: Looks like it's a duck, son.

Besides, this is a forum for conversation. If all you're going to do is criticize the conversation, you can feel free to leave.

and you are free to not respond ;)

I'm all for conversation but when two threads basically devolve into "no wayz omgz ms godz couldn't ever fuck up live themselves" bullshit It gets a little tiresome.

and you are free to not respond ;)

I'm all for conversation but when two threads basically devolve into "no wayz omgz ms godz couldn't ever fuck up live themselves" bullshit It gets a little tiresome.

Just trying to help you out. Mods don't take kindly to those who enter a thread just to complain about the thread. Next time, just don't click on it.

Crumbtiny

So as of this afternoon Xbox is still borked? Was planning on buying FC Primal when I got home, but now wondering if i should pick it up physical on the way.

Deepo

Microsoft Team Services (formerly Visual Studio Online) has also been suffering downtime in February. No idea if it's related, but that's also Azure based.

Top Bottom