• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is going to be the next disruptive tech/entertainment revolution?

Raonak

Banned
Brain chips, this could cripple humans completely.

- Think about losing weight being super easy, because u program full all the time in your brain.
- mobile/pc/anything? no longer needed u can simple just instant dream and think about u doing exactly that thing in your house
- fix endless problems of sicknesses and other problems people can experience like ptsd.
- will kill relationships entirely and need for companion, because any situation and fantasy u can imagine.
- etc etc.

brain chips will be so bad for humanity at the end on addiction it will get banned or limited by governments faster then light.

Sounds like that's gonna be the opposite of crippling humanity, most of these will actually solve a lot of issues. it's gonna cause humanity to evolve into our post-human era.

It's gonna happen slowly enough that we'll be completely normalized to it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think all that AI singing stuff will catch on big. It'll be a combo of tools or sites letting people make their own versions of songs picking a singer, where legal issues go ape shit like Napster. But also singers and writers licensing their names to do AI songs where you buy the song legit.

I'd like to hear songs done with voices by Bono, Roxette, Shakira, Bon Jovi etc....

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Some of you are too optimistic. Why would anyone want to sell you something that strictly monitors your health and gives you actually sound health advice 24/7? This is not how the health market thrives.

With all the talk about humans being too many to sustain, why would tech evolve to make people healthier and live longer?
Sinclair actually touches this subject in book. There is a valid hypothesis that the human population will cap out in the coming years and then start to decline. I mean, we see this already in many first world countries and hence it’s not far fetched to believe that it’ll be like this everywhere at some point. And when you are there, such technologies become very important.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Sinclair actually touches this subject in book. There is a valid hypothesis that the human population will cap out in the coming years and then start to decline. I mean, we see this already in many first world countries and hence it’s not far fetched to believe that it’ll be like this everywhere at some point. And when you are there, such technologies become very important.
Could be. Yet it’s not hard to envision millions of unemployable, unemployed youths with no sense and no education to duty, raised in a society that bombards everyone with sexual stimuli and the message “do whatever you want if you like it” 24/7, just spend their time fucking like rabbits because they haven’t much else to do. Poverty was never a deterrent to making children - quite the opposite, in fact. And if the population spikes because of this, I’m not so sure this fabulous tech will be actually used to keep everyone alive after it kicked them out of a job.

Sorry if I’m pessimistic, but I couldn’t name a single disruptive tech that hasn’t been used to do much bad at one point when in theory it could make humanity happy and “free” from whatever shackles tied it every time.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Could be. Yet it’s not hard to envision millions of unemployable, unemployed youths with no sense and no education to duty, raised in a society that bombards everyone with sexual stimuli and the message “do whatever you want if you like it” 24/7, just spend their time fucking like rabbits because they haven’t much else to do. Poverty was never a deterrent to making children - quite the opposite, in fact. And if the population spikes because of this, I’m not so sure this fabulous tech will be actually used to keep everyone alive after it kicked them out of a job.

Sorry if I’m pessimistic, but I couldn’t name a single disruptive tech that hasn’t been used to do much bad at one point when in theory it could make humanity happy and “free” from whatever shackles tied it every time.
Fucking, yes. Having children, no. Most people are waaayyyyy to narcissistic for that.
Mind you, as is shown throughout history poverty is more of driver for population growth. When people have money and free time they actually more often choose not to have children.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
This. Everything became CW Quality over night.
It's because the entertainment industry realized that they do not have to put in effort to make money. When you are a producer and have utter braindead trash grossing 1+ billion at box office you naturally start asking yourself how much effort you have to put into making quality content.

jason10mm

Gold Member

This is the end. An AI that can tap into religious belief. I give it 2 years before some politician uses it to justify laws, in 50 years it will rule us, in 500 years the survivors of the Butlerian Jihad will turn to spice instead....

UnNamed

Banned
Virtual Reality Apple GIF by David Altizer
Not this shit, but AR will change our life in the future, making us even more zombie.

Also exoskeletons. Now they are bulky, but they will change mobility in the future .

Last, hypertrains: people will live in the countryside, work in the city 500km away to reach in 30 minutes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think all that AI singing stuff will catch on big. It'll be a combo of tools or sites letting people make their own versions of songs picking a singer, where legal issues go ape shit like Napster. But also singers and writers licensing their names to do AI songs where you buy the song legit.

I'd like to hear songs done with voices by Bono, Roxette, Shakira, Bon Jovi etc....
Coming soon folks, legit licensed AI music. Just give it some time. Knew it would happen. Star celebs will make a ton.

I’m waiting for the time of AI behavior to mimic humans to the point we won’t know we’re interacting with them on Message Boards such as this, Make their own Youtube Videos, Tik Toks, etc..
That Blonde AI “model” that’s getting all the attention lately all of a sudden Talks, interacts, starts doing workout videos, personal requests. That’s gonna be a weird space to be in for a lot of us.

888358.jpg

At this point is EviLore even real?!…

kondorBonk

Freight/transportation. Massive expense to companies. Once they can invest in reliable smart trailers, they absolutely will.

Consumer transportation will take longer to go full smart car but augmented reality with windsheilds I imagine could get a big push as a safety feature for car info/maps.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
On a more superficial yet general scale: movie theaters/streaming service/choices etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom