• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is Sony planning for 2024? Should I sell my PS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of Sony IP we'll get:

HellDivers 2
Death Stranding 2 (in all likelihood)
Concord
Stellar Blade
Rise of the Ronin

Then as exclusives:

FFVII: rebirth
GranBlue Fantasy Relink
Foamstars

Among others

And believe it or not, 2024 is going to have to be the year of a strong showcase. They've got a lot of projects nearing the time they'll have to be announced for the marketing to kick in.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
In terms of Sony IP we'll get:

HellDivers 2
Death Stranding 2 (in all likelihood)
Concord
Stellar Blade
Rise of the Ronin

Then as exclusives:

FFVII: rebirth
GranBlue Fantasy Relink
Foamstars

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

ungalo

Assuming this is not trolling, what do you plan to buy instead ?

If you just don't want to play anymore or you plan to go on PC i'd say why not, next year is not packed, Sony's first party never interested me in the last 10 year and i doubt it's going to change.

But if you still want to play on console, just don't. PS5 is still by far the best console. Nintendo doesn't have third party games and Xbox is falling apart on the console side and constantly changing their strategy. Some japanese publishers don't even bother releasing their games on Xbox anymore. It's too uncertain as a platform.

ungalo

I already have a Series X and spend 99% of the time on it
didn't see that, well i guess if you're sure, sell your PS5

i'd be more comfortable with a PS5 as a main platform than an Xbox right now (i'm saying that as someone who bought Series X, i'm not a console warrior). Gamepass is very good but i think PS+ is not bad either, it's in the right spot, it doesn't have as much day one titles as Gamepass, but are they really worth your time most of the time ? I'm not that sure.

Portugeezer

If you had nothing to play this year why didn't you sell your PS5 this year, then just buy it again when you wanted to play SM2?

/s

Woopah

Firewalk Studios has a game announced for 2024.

Bend could have something for 2024, and potentially we could see something from Haven, Sucker Punch, Insomniac and Housemarque in 2025.

PeteBull

Hi everyone, as per the title, is there anything planned for 2024 from a 1st party studio?

My PS5 has been being off most of the time in the last year, apart from 15 hours overall to beat Spider Man 2. I am considering to sell it, but I am quite not sure yet.
Sell it asap, soon u can get urself brand new and much stronger ps5pr0 that specs already leaked, its launching holidays 2024, then u can grab it and play w/e games u missed out on.

In the 3 years I own the PS5 I have yet to buy a Sony first party title for it.
I doubt next year will change that..

Never thought that to be the case since I bought a lot of Sony games on the PS4.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
There's a shit ton of games to play on PS5. If none of it interests you today, it' unlikely any of the new ones will interest you next year.

Mr Hyde

Q1 games for me on PS5 is Granblue Fantasy, FF7 Rebirth and Eiyuden Chronicles. Maybe a new playthrough on TLOU2 remaster. Not much else on the horizon, which I think is great considering the packed 2023.

Quezacolt

Q1 games for me on PS5 is Granblue Fantasy, FF7 Rebirth and Eiyuden Chronicles. Maybe a new playthrough on TLOU2 remaster. Not much else on the horizon, which I think is great considering the packed 2023.
There's so many games i want to play in Q1, im not even sure how i'll have time for everything.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's not just Sony. We finally got to the next generation of games and... we get a drought.

2023 was the motherload of games that were in the pipeline for the last 2, 3 years and delayed due to Covid or other reasons.

I don't think we're gonna get another year as packed as 2023 for a while.

Elios83

For me 2024 already has the best lineup I've ever seen for a Q1 🔥

Tekken 8
Yakuza Infinite Wealth
The Last of Us 2 Remaster
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Rise of the Ronin
Persona 3 Remake
Grandblue Fantasy Relink
Dragon's Dogma 2
Tomb Raider Classic Collection

and these are just the games I'm personally interested in...not the full lineup.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
If you need a change, you could try getting a series S or X. I've had lot of fun on gamepass, the best part to me is cloud gaming. It let's you play right on the spot without downloading anything. It's perfect when you just want to try. Also, at the moment, I'm having fun going through older games. The Series can play almost a thousand OG and 360 games combined.

To conclude, are you an old school arcade fan? There is this new application called Antstream. I'll let you see by yourself what it is. https://www.antstream.com/

Sell your PS5 OP. If you already spend 99% of your time on your XSX then you clearly aren't interested in PS games, so why you spent your money on the console in the first place is anyone's guess.

Maybe learn to make more sensible fiscal choices too. Wasting money in this economy is not something that will get you a lot of sympathy from people.

Fbh

The Ps5 is a decent machine if you'll be using it as your main gaming system, since you get almost every major third party game along with some exclusives every now and then. But if you've got a decent PC where you'll play all third party stuff on and you are looking to justify owning a Ps5 as a 100% first party exclusive machine you'll likely be dissappointed.

The only company making consoles which are worth it to own just to play exclusives is maybe Nintendo (assuming you don't just emulate their games on PC)

2023 was the motherload of games that were in the pipeline for the last 2, 3 years and delayed due to Covid or other reasons.

I don't think we're gonna get another year as packed as 2023 for a while.

Same. Which is fine honestly. I still have a ton of games from 2024 I need to playthrough and then just my general backlog.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm tempted to sell my second one ahead of the pro coming but I'm not sure if it's better to sell now or wait for some trade in deals?

But yeah, op if you are asking this then you should probably sell it. I'm not expecting any surprises from Sony for atleast the next 6 to 9 months.

Skifi28

I have no idea what purpose threads like this serve. You can't research what games are coming that interest you on google so you want a bunch of strangers to tell you to sell your system or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom