• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the better movie, The Matrix (1999) or Terminator 2 Judgment Day

Which is better

• The Matrix

Votes: 89 35.0%
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Votes: 165 65.0%

• Total voters

Thaedolus

Robocop > Terminator 2 > Aliens > Total Recall > Lethal Weapon 1/2 > True Lies > The Last Boy Scout > Die Hard > Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom > Point Break > Predator > Raiders of the Lost Ark > The Terminator > A Better Tomorrow 1/2 > Beverly Hills Cop 1/2 > Midnight Run > Avatar > Starship Troopers > Demolition Man > Man on Fire (2004) > The Hunt For Red October > The Untouchables > The Nice Guys > Hard Boiled > 48Hrs > Under Siege > The Running Man > Black Rain > Hard Target > The Hard Way > Red Heat > The Long Kiss Goodnight > Speed > The Matrix > Broken Arrow > Commando
Angry Aaron Boone GIF by YES Network

Ecotic

After many years of rewatches I've realized Terminator 2 really drags at times, and the best part of the movie is over after the chase scene after the mall. The Matrix is engaging throughout and actually picks up once all of the in-universe exposition is done with.

While I do love The Matrix, the main knock against it is that I feel Neo and Trinity were miscast. They're just so wooden and those animated storyboards they made for the production showed Neo and Trinity with so much more emotion. Which is really a shame since so many characters like Smith, Tank, Cypher, Oracle, and even Mouse all had so much personality. Still, I vote The Matrix as better.

Woggleman

I was able to catch T2 on opening night in the theater with my parents and to this day it is still one of the best movie going experiences of my life so T2 it is.

The Matrix for me, mainly because it was the first time I'd ever been exposed to the idea of living in a simulation, and it blew my mind. T2 is really, really good though.

StueyDuck

I like the matrix (og) for nostalgic reasons, but when looking back at it many years later as an adult it's pretty dumb shit, like I've said before, dumb sci-fi to make dumb people feel smart like Rick n morty.

So now you watch the matrix for cool set pieces which is does well.

T2 on the other hand is masterclass in filmmaking, the story is cohesive, poignant with way ai is currently scaring people today, the characters are fairly developed plus we get James Cameron on the top of his game filming practical action set pieces that even today put most movies to shame.

Honestly to me these two movies are comparable.

Now the matrix vs equilibrium... probably more apt comparison

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I was able to catch T2 on opening night in the theater with my parents and to this day it is still one of the best movie going experiences of my life so T2 it is.
I saw Terminator 2 with my parents as well when it first came out. Everybody walked out loving it.

Topher

Gold Member
Both are great movies, but Matrix was a bit more mindblowing at the time, for me at least.

Last edited:

GymWolf

T2 is the better movie, but Matrix is a gigantic achievement as well. Too bad those retarded kung scenes drag it down a notch.
This is how i feel, half the action scenes in matrix feel\look kinda silly, nothing feels silly in t2 when it comes to action.

Last edited:
Top Bottom