• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kind of clothing do you typically wear? Do you give it much thought?

teezzy

Banned
Clothing is something where I've come to realize that the simpler the things I wear are, the easier it is just to go about my day overall. Avoiding graphic tees at all costs helps me blend in no matter where I'm at. I like that.

These days I've noticed I have a fairly simple formula on how to dress:

Levi 505 jeans, Hanes socks, Hanes boxer briefs, Hanes plain black, grey, or white tee. Black Dickies belt, and usually my black New Era fitted Red Wings cap with the rim bent.

I have a Detroit Red Wings hoodie I'll put on if it's chillier out. Same goes for my Detroit Lions sweatshirt. I also am pretty big on Legendary Whitetails' flannels, being as mid-western as I am. They're thick and quality for the price.

For sneakers I prefer New Balance, but I do have some Nike running shoes currently. Wolverine 1000 Mile boots have been a mainstay for me during fall and winter months. Good stuff.

My winter coat is a knock-off Carhartt hooded jacket. Falls Creek is the brand. We have a local Wal-Mart like store called Meijer here in Michigan, and that's their in-house brand. Thing has lasted me a decade at this point. I'm actually glad I didn't pay extra for the real deal. Mine feels invincible.

90% of the time this is what I'm wearing, especially since I don't need to wear dress shirts for the office any longer. It's a good feeling.

How about you guys? Obviously there's exceptions, but does anyone else mostly wear the same thing daily?

Grey or black dickies shorts with a tank top and either chucks or adidas is pretty much me year round. If im gonna be outside for an extended period of time in the cold I swap out the tank for a long sleeve thermal.

teezzy

Banned
Grey or black dickies shorts with a tank top and either chucks or adidas is pretty much me year round. If im gonna be outside for an extended period of time in the cold I swap out the tank for a long sleeve thermal.

Do you always wear shorts?

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I always look like this

L5jNqzy.jpg

teezzy

Banned
Yes, I have since I was a teenager. Also I cant leave the house without my watch and wallet or I feel off all day.

Must not get too cold where you live

I pretty much never wear shorts. I have some Reebok basketball shorts I'll throw in if I'm lounging about the house but I'm covered up even un summer here mostly.

I'll have to seek out some Dickies next year. Dude shorts are hard to get right

brap

Banned

I pretty much never wear shorts. I have some Reebok basketball shorts I'll throw in if I'm lounging about the house but I'm covered up even un summer here mostly.

Where do you live? Are you one of those bitches that lives in a warm area and acts like it's freezing out when it's like 60 degrees? I remember wearing short all the time in high school in winter. Good times. Never wear shorts anymore though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just regular plain clothes no brand names/graphics on em outside my shoes/boots.
Where do you live? Are you one of those bitches that lives in a warm area and acts like it's freezing out when it's like 60 degrees? I remember wearing short all the time in high school in winter. Good times. Never wear shorts anymore though.
It is 40 degrees where he lives rn. Must be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

teezzy

Banned

Were you the fat kid who wore basketball shorts at the bus stop while everyone else was bundled up because you thought it made you look cool?

I'm in MI. Shit drops below zero constantly during winter. Fuck shorts then lol

brap

Banned
Were you the fat kid who wore basketball shorts at the bus stop while everyone else was bundled up because you thought it made you look cool?

I'm in MI. Shit drops below zero constantly during winter. Fuck shorts then lol
Never been fat a day in my life. Never been a bitch either though :^)
Lots of kids wore shorts in winter. Not below freezing though for the most part.

Nah Kentucky winters are pretty mild. I've always been a tall/big guy so i tend to run warm. I am guilty of being the guy wearing shorts and a beanie during the winter though. As long as my head and feet are warm Im usually pretty good to go.

Dark Star

Black, large Metal and rock band tees, black skinny jeans, adidas or vans skate shoes. Pretty much my go to comfort outfit since forever. That being said I only wear graphic tees if they represent music, which I’m genuinely passionate about.

If I’m not trying to look like a punk then I’ll wear a simple button up shirt or a polo, slim straight blue jeans, still casual yet classy. I generally like dark colors but I don’t mind pastel or natural light colors that aren’t too flashy or bright.

I like wearing shorts in the summer. Also dark skater style, not the preppy kind. I also like those adidas trainer jackets in the winter, hoodies in general are comfortable too. Not a fan of big coats and I don’t like layering a bunch of clothes either, but I’ll wear a flannel shirt over my tee, or a long sleeve, if it’s really cold.

I don’t do accessories like watches or hats or rings or whatever. I like to keep things simple. I’m a huge fan of sunglasses though and I don’t leave the house or drive my car without my shades. I like Ray-Ban aviators, wayfarers and anything in between those styles.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm a basic dude and my wardrobe consist almost entirely of white, black, grey and brown items of clothing. Maybe some dark green if I want to add some colour lol
Earthy tones I guess?

Around the house I wear sweatpants and t-shirts for maximum comfort - maybe a hoody if it's cold. I usually wear the same clothes when walking/running the dogs too.

When out shopping etc. I mostly wear plain white, black or grey t-shirts, black or grey Levi's and plain black Vans. A plain black or grey jumper if it's cold or a coat.

For work I'm mostly outside surveying buildings and organising repair works so I wear plain jumpers, Chino pants and heavy duty ankle boots.

If I'm in meetings I wear a grey suit, white dress shirt (no tie) and brown dress shoes.

Oh and I usually workout daily so own a lot of Adidas sports wear.

deafmedal

I’m a clothing whore. I like buying clothes but couldn’t give less of a shit about fashion. Right now for pantaloons I like Dearborn jeans- very basic, made in the USA and comfortable as fuck. I prefer loose fit and boot cut, I’ve purchased around 10 pairs this year and am slowly phasing out my Levi 569’s. I do wear shorts in the summer, a mix of cargo and board styles. They have to be slightly loose and hang to the knee, not a fan of tight and tiny on dudes 😉

Shirt wise I have a ridiculous amount of graphic tees, most of which I wear to work. I’ve decided to no longer purchase tees from major retailers so over the past year I’ve only bought tees directly from bands and small companies I like. I’m very fond of plaid shirts as well, moving forward I will only be buying these from small/US business too but plaid is a tad more difficult to find (but not flannel 🙄).

I also have many hoodies and several jackets, my favorites made by a small company called Threyda. Dearborn recently came out with some hoodies, I picked one up to try it out and it’s now my work hoodie. I love this time of year and wearing warm clothes.

Underwear I’m still mass manufactured but I’ll most likely start shifting here as well. I do wear nicer socks- my preferred brand right now is PKWY, they are extremely comfortable and I have close to enough to make it a month without rewearing as I picked up a bunch on clearance recently so I’ve got to clear a bunch of old socks out when I get home. Fuck regular crew/athletic socks. Never leave the house without a wife beater either, I imagine replacing those will be fun.

Shoe wise I’m fairly simple- Ariat boots for work, Teva hiking boots, sandals and flops otherwise. I’m considering a “nice” pair of boots soon but I cannot bring myself to spend that much money for little utility (ironic, heh). Belt and wallet are made in the US with material sourced here. I do wear an Apple watch, I like the tracking functions and being able to check texts, emails and incoming calls without pulling my phone out is amazing, especially while I’m harnessed up in a bucket truck 40’ in the air. I have a couple nice watches too but it’s a bit much wearing two 😂

I also wear hats- 5950’s, 1-2 new ones a year. No particular teams, just whatever strikes my fancy. And beanie caps when cold.

That said, my fucking wife and her slow fashion fairie clothes are going to put us in the poor house 😆 The release days are quite intense for her, you think console launch and concert tickets are bad? Try ordering from one of these popular slow fashion shops... 1 item per style/size many times. Bitches be fucking pissed they missed out 🤣

My main worries are the workers' conditions in the factories and the environmental impact of my clothing. For that reason I don't really own much clothing from major brands. I just try to look for stuff that fits and looks okay otherwise within those boundaries.

Fbh

Almost always:
Black or blue jeans
Black, Grey, Dark Blue or Dark green Tshirt.
Add some form of jacket (usually fleece) in winter.

I recently started buying shirts from a company that does corporate clothing. They are cheap, high quality, no logos and I can even deduct taxes because it counts as a company expense.

Out and about: Blue jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts

Pre covid in the office: Khakis and polo shirts

Post covid in my home office: Sweats and tees/sweatshirts

Alx

professional-etiquette-31-638.jpg

Business casual works for everything, so I'm mostly wearing that.
For more laid-back situations, replace the shirt with a polo shirt, and leather shoes with sport shoes.

Rockondevil

Some sort of tshirt with a graphic of something I like, board shorts or exercise shorts and thongs (Aussie things not US thongs).

I couldn’t care what anyone thinks and those shorts generally give me the comfort I require.

DogofWar

If outside:

Blue jeans
t-shirt
Depending on temperature - (most likely) black hoodie, black jacket.
(And if it is really warm, shorts. But not shorter than the knees)

If at home:
Sweatpants
Otherwise the same.

If browsing GAF:
Nothing

Last edited:
for my everyday wear.....

ive settled on levi's being my favorite brand for jeans.

so some type of grey, black, blue, acid wash, slim denim.

then usually a tee without brand/logo displayed.

sometimes ill do a flanel button up.

sometimes. ill do a pair of athleisure pants.

shoes are typically sambas, vans, or a a sexy leather boot.

i think its pretty successful because men usually are pitching tents and women leave puddles beneath them whenever im near.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Japanese denim

American & Japanese workwear

vintage t-shirts

for the most part

Last edited by a moderator:

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Pretty much biz cas for me. I go for slim/fitted buttoned collared shirts tucked into a decent pair of trousers. Creased, not pleated. On the casual tip I wear jeans (or khakis) and polos. If I'm really dressing down I'll wear jeans with a solid colored white, black, or navy tee, untucked. The only time I wear printed shirts is if I'm doing a livestream.

At one point I had a fabulous shoe collection, I used to collect everything from dress shoes, wingtips, and two-tones to bowling shoes and creepers to docs to vans. The only time I really wear sport shoes is when I'm working out.

I'm sleeved (tats) so frequently wear long sleeved shirts when I need to "clean up".

If I'm wearing something on my head it's usually some type of cabbie cap.

I usually buy off the rack and get the clothes altered. I try to avoid box stores and department stores. I'll spend a bit more at mens specialty shops because the clothes are usually noticeably better quality and more comfortable (and tend to look better).

I'm not a tall guy so I can't get away with wearing baggy or ill-fitting stuff, and besides, when I look good I feel good. I'm not bulky but am pretty cut and like to keep my shirts somewhat form fitting while at the same time giving me easy access to (and not printing) my CCW.

I try keep my clothes clean, crisp, and ironed with no loose threads or anything.

I don't leave the house without my watch and a belt. Ever.

Styles I don't understand are skinny jeans, PJs out in public, tucking button-up shirts into jeans, and gold accessories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom