• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what kind of pen do you write with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
after years of searching, I think I finally found my ideal ball point pen.

99037.jpg

I recently discovered the Pilot Hi-Tec-C (0.3 mm) pen. I own and have used fountain pens in the past but I tend to lose pens very easily so wanted a cheaper alternative.

the 0.3 mm needle-tip point is pretty damn nice. it allows for very precise and tiny writing with minimal drag.

99040.jpg

they also come in a variety of colors if you're into that sort of thing.

81351.jpg

anyways, I'm always looking for new suggestions and am curious what your go-to pen is.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Pilot Metropolitan with an Italic nib.
8920683938_db2b8070d4_c.jpg

and a Twisbi Diamond 580 given to me by a good friend on neogaf that goes by a certain bread product.
8038353_orig.jpg

Kite

Last time I needed a pen was to go along with a leather-bound portfolio at a job interview.. just for show.

nullref

I'm not hardcore into pens or anything, and don't even handwrite all that much these days, but I have a Uni-Ball Jetstream that I like a lot.

I used to swear by Pilot G-2s back in college, but in hindsight they weren't great.

cirrhosis

There's a GAFfer who loves his pens and paper and has threads to prove it. Can't remember his name though. Best to trawl those threads for suggestions, OP.

Edit - it's Bagels!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
vp_04_full_rear.jpg

Pilot Vanishing Point is my daily.

375931_scene7

Precise V5

Same. I found one of these at my uni on the floor and was amazed with how awesome it was. Went to buy a pack the next day. Only issue I've had is that I dropped it directly on the tip and it got bent. Worked for a few days after that until I had to toss it because it stopped working.

RbCdJPK.jpg

Uni Ball Air Micro for personal writing. Leaves a smooth, thick line. Very bold, looks great in a journal.

3RMYQnV.jpg

Morning Glory Mach 3 for most things. Very thin and precise. I found one of these on the ground and tried it and ordered a box of them the same day. They're great.

For colored ink I have a few Uni Ball Signo DX's (green, blue, red, black)
bEhXTB6.jpg

But I prefer the Mach 3 in black. The Signo is a little rough and scratchy for a 0.38, the Morning glory is much smoother.

adamy

Banned
I use a five-dollar Daiso brand fountain pen.

had on idea Daiso even sold fountain pens. hows the quality of their fountain pen?

I go to Daiso pretty often, now I'm curious how their pen selection is. wonder if they have the pen I posted in the OP as I'm sure I'm paying a premium online given that the pen is imported.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using Stabilo Fineliners (0.4mm), mainly because I tend to go through a lot of pens and they are quite cheap, but they have a great quality as well.

31weR%2BijJNL._SY355_.jpg

Futureman

this is the only notable pen I own. My GF's sister got it for me for XMAS...

ZEfYZLVl.jpg

haven't really used them yet as I really only do digital but I should mess around with them soon.

Shandy

(Black rubber body) Uni Jetstream was a lifechanger. Great everyday ballpoint pen, especially for people who write left-handed. I never smear with this thing. I bought a 0.7mm refill recently, to replace a 1.0mm.

I don't even want to mess around with fancier pens. I don't feel like I need to.

375931_scene7

Precise V5

Yup, that's the stuff. When I started my current job out of all the pens I had, that was the best one. Once it ran out, I bought my own pack - for home and work. Only annoyance with it is how sometimes it just doesn't write maybe because of the angle or something. But otherwise it's great.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I see a trip to the pen store in my near future.

I freaking love writing utensils. My current favorites are my Uni-Ball Vision Elite, my Rotring Rapid Pro and my Parker Sonnet Steel.

Pilot makes some damn fine gear, I need to try myself one of these Pilot Hi-Tecs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom