• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What (non-PC) shoot'em ups are currently in development?

Samuray

Yeah, there are loads for PC, but let's talk consoles and handhelds.

What shmups are coming up, if any? Talked about that with a friend recently and we came up pretty much empty, which we found shocking. Sure, "Dangun Feveron" may come to the West someday, albeit digital only :(, and we'll get "Sine Mora EX"....but apart from that, any new stuff?

These are the very few I could think of:

EARTH ATLANTIS [PS4]

This seems to be a sidescroller sporting a monochromatic look? Almost nothing is known about this one, except that it's listed on Amazon.de for 20 bucks and it apparently has "Darius"-fish. ^^
9441590575134_118704_2.jpg

REDUX 2 [Dreamcast]

It's become awfully quiet around this anticipated sequel to the quite excellent "Redux", also on DC. No idea what's up with HuCast, as their own site seems to be down and their social network activity seems minimal at best. Hopefully this will see the light of day.

redux-2-dreamcast-newscreens002.jpg

UNTITLED NG:DEV.TEAM PROJECT [Neo Geo]

Yes, they're making another shoot'em up, and after "Fast Striker", "Neo XYX" and particularly "Razion", I can't wait! Will be a while, though, and next to nothing is known about it for now. It will be vertically scrolling, but that's about it, I think.

My friend said something about some shooters for PSVita but I haven't read anything so far.

So please add lots of titles I haven't heard of yet! And please do exclude STEAM and PC in general as there really are lots of shmups on there, but I intended talking about consoles only here.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Apart from the PS4 ShotTriggers ports (which... no new ones have been announced yet) and Raiden V... I can't think of anything off-hand. Go find some old games to play, I guess.

Samuray

Apart from the PS4 ShotTriggers ports (which... no new ones have been announced yet) and Raiden V... I can't think of anything off-hand. Go find some old games to play, I guess.

Forgot about "Raiden V" as I already have that on Xbox.

Hadn't heard about "ShotTriggers" yet, I'll take a look, hoping it will come out one day. :)

And yeah, I'm playing old stuff left 'n right...just today I sent payment for "Android Assault" on Sega CD, for example. But it'd nice to know more games like that were coming our way, right?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Apart from the PS4 ShotTriggers ports (which... no new ones have been announced yet)

Ketsui isn't out yet, is it? So I guess that could count as a "new one".

Forgot about "Raiden V" as I already have that on Xbox.

Hadn't heard about "ShotTriggers" yet, I'll take a look, hoping it will come out one day. :)

"ShotTriggers" isn't a game, it's a label under which M2 releases older STGs on PS4. Dangun Feveron and Battle Garegga have been released so far. Ketsui is up next. So far they've only been released in Japan, though.

Samuray

Ketsui isn't out yet, is it? So I guess that could count as a "new one".

"ShotTriggers" isn't a game, it's a label under which M2 releases older STGs on PS4. Dangun Feveron and Battle Garegga have been released so far. Ketsui is up next. So far they've only been released in Japan, though.

Right, "Ketsui". Didn't remember that port either, probably because I got that too already, on X360. ^^

And yes, of course, ShotTriggers is a label. Sorry...got really distracted by my cats right now and didn't pay attention. :))
"Dangun Feveron" interests me, have never played it before, but I already have "Battle Garegga". Shame DF isn't coming out physically.

There are two significant shmups that no one has mentioned.

Natsuki Chronicles for Xbox One. A horizontal shmup by Qute who also developed Eschatos, Ginga Force and Judgement Silversword. Delayed a few times but expected this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-vyH27_Ls

Ubusuna for PS4. From Hiroshi Iuchi who developed Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga for Treasure. He currently works at M2 but the last I heard the project had been put on hold.

Thats about it for recognised developers on consoles if im not mistaken, pretty depressing for fans of the genre!

Top Bottom