• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What QoL improvements would you want to see in mods for Final Fantasy XV on PC?

Kain

I'm sure somebody will come up with a mod to adjust gambits on your team mates (maybe even Noctis). That would work absolute wonders.

"I'VE COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPE!"

That removed.

cnTGaj8.gif

Koozek

I'd actually be interested to see how far something like this can go.
Come on, dude. Read the OP.

I mean, couldn't you basically just tweak the Wait Mode? Haven't tried it myself, but is it an adequate alternative of ATB?

So i've been looking at the game with a fine tooth comb recently to figure out what should be altered to give a better experiance. (both via pacing and gameplay alterations) Here's the QOL/ gameplay alterations i would suggest either to tabby or to modders [warning its a lot!]:

- Lower Bouvelle mines boss level from 53 to 25 (and whatever stats that indicates). Every enemy is level 5-7 but the boss is so overleveled that its insane. Also edit that moment when he is supposed to slice you down, its weird and kinda janky.

- Lessen the amount of bombs in Costlemark ._.

- Create an item limiting system. Do it like KH1, where you have 99 limit on items in your stock, but you can only take like 5-10 items with you into battle of your choice. This would allow people to actually experiment with the directional imputs, make raising allies more important, and increase difficulty substantially since you can't make every battle a battle of attrition.

- if possible, alter animation canceling on noctis. there is some animation cancelling, but with some attacks you are stuck in your animation for too long. Allowing us to roll away from an attack exactly when we do see it coming would be a godsend

- Dear god, alter how battle zoning works. You should never be allowed to exit a battle accidentally. implement a timer for escape (instead of instant) and allow the size to increase a bit to accommodate if an enemy is on the edge of the field. Also, there are 2 secret Malbros near Pitioss whose battle zone is horribly small. Basically, Make them Larger, more malleable, and offer return-ability w/o instant exit.

- This one is just a personal opinion after having done a level 1 run, but change "what" levels mean. The game is pretty easy even at level 1 (this is mostly due to the item system above) Like maybe just have levels alter HP and MP stats and have all normal stats just be done via ascension? Like, have Levels give like 5-10 AP each level.

- Alter what L2/LT does. Make it a second context menu like L1/Lb. Characters in this game are more of a resource that you manage for attacks and i-frames, so for this, up,right, and left would allow us to change the tactic of a character. Defensive pushes them away and makes them defensive, support makes them more inclined to help allies and back you up on enemies, offensive makes them basically what they are now i guess. Holding Down summons (animation should be the Alterna animation which then makes Noct kneel. Makes it more epic that way)

- Alter "when" you can summon. I personally think that allowing you to summon when you have full amiger & full mp. Activate it as above stated. Since summons act similarly, which summon you get should still be based on geography like normal.

-Allow Bahamut summon in the open world. He has an animation, use it!

-Make overworld ost act the same in day as it does at night. The OST for just roaming is so pretty, but most people don't hear it b/c everything literally stops it, from enemy encounters to just opening a map. Takes forever to come back on, so make it come back on super quick, yeah?

- Alter which banter come when. I love the banter in this game, but some of them repeat far too often. There is a LOT of banter in this game, and a bunch that can be added into the rotational movement banter.

- MY GOD, fix random encounters. Having a Gigantoad or sabertusks literally spawn right in front of you putting you into battle is such an immersion breaker. Never allow spawning of enemies in front of the player, and make the respawner only work when noct isn't near.

- on that note make Nif forces more varried in the late game. I only ever get assassins and axemen in late game. There are many many more types, just up-level them based on chapter and, yeah... just spice it up a bit. Thx.

- Increase veriety and density of animal locations. Loads of enemy types, but you mostly see the same old faces if you don't search around. (There's a hidden Bloodhorn I found that was level 52 which i also noticed no wiki had info on. Was a great bossfight :3) Also, Some enemies are hunt-only. Have a few hunt-only enemies just around the place.

- give animals patrols. There was a promo vid of a bunch of Mesmenir galloping around and you running with them on a chocobo in the Vesperpool. You can't do that in the real game b/c Most animals just stay in a set location and gallop in circles. Allow them to roam inset patrols or something. There are animal crossings, so maybe develop animal crossings more to be in tune with this idea!

- Have more enemies that are "weather dependent". Afaik, only the Gigantoad is weather dependent on its spawning. I would like to see a few extras enemy spawning, like more scorpions during dust-storms, or something.

- On that note, Increase variety of Daemon encounters in areas. There are a LOT of daemon types, but at night you only ever encounter Iron/Red Giants + a few minor enemies. Give the other guys a shot, yeah? Seriously, more Nagas, Deathclaws, Hobgoblins, Lichs, and Hecteyes in the open world at night would make nights so much more terrifying and interesting.

- Some areas of the world are "spawn free", yeah... sure... but don't have any "spawn free" areas at night that aren't a pitstop or haven. Sometimes I'm out at night and nothing spawns for a while b/c i'm in areas that are spawn free. Nights get way less scary when you know where what will spawn :/

- Give us Wild Chocobos. Wiz talks about them, there are models and behaviors. Just give them damn it!

- Do NOT hide the Zu fight in rock of ravatogh behind a hunt. Its the only dungeon with a hidden boss, and a dungeon boss specific cutscene that most people never see b/c people just go in and never fight the Zu. ffs. what were they thinking with that.

- This one is more of an idea than anything and not required BUT:
--Alter magic as follows:
// Have each weapon allow for a number of spells (flasks) to attach to it. (different for each weapon)
// Each weapon can only have 1 offensive skill and 1 support skill.
// Instead of attributes to a spell like stop-cast, or heal-cast, just make them stop magic and cure, etc.
// Use magic via L2+O or L2+Triangle (like in comrades)
// Magic uses MP
// Limit how much magic you can put into a flask based on ascension menu progression (make a few nodes)
// When you use a spell, that flask goes away from the weapon.
// Royal arms have their own special spells (like the Blade of the Mystic could offer a strength boost spell instead of that animation that boosts noct's strength, something like that for each). As they are used, it just takes time to replenish the spell.
// Destructive spells have a cool down before next destructive spell use.

I think this system allows for more variety, less abuse, and still can offer that destructive force and environment change that already occurs.

I legit love the game, but of all of these were fixed, i would be in bliss :D
I'm sure I'm missing a few things though.
Good points! Though yeah, some of them are obviously stuff that the dev team itself would have to do. I highly doubt modders will add new combat menus like you suggested for party tactics etc., but I absolutely agree that there should've been another modifier button in the game either for magic shortcuts or simple AI commands like you said.

- Enemy rebalance. If anything barely sneezes on the party, everyone gets knocked down. Change that. It's annoying.
- Don't freeze the battle when going through the item menu. It breaks the flow for the worse.
- Add some way to add every tech the bros learned to the skills menu in battle. Going to the main menu to change it mid-battle when you need a different skill is incredibly stupid.
The item thing sounds crazy for a game with chaotic combat like this where you often feel out of control. In high-level hunts you constantly have to revive and heal your partners because enemies wipe out everyone with one hit. The pause when using items is absolutely necessary. Also there's no way to instantly jump to the top or botom of the item list making you having to scroll a lot too, though I manually sorted my item list to have everything important closer to each other (btw, that item sorting menu is baffling; never seen such an unintuitive way of changing the order of items in a RPG)

I agree with the party technique quick menu and I think it should pause or at least do slow-mo when pulling up the full list of techniques to chose from. Basically in an action-based game the necessity to go into menus during combat should be reduced as much as possible.

Combat:
  • Revamp summon system (make it manual summoning even if it means weakening summon strength)
  • Allow equipment decks that you can toggle between during battle (This way can have mutliple magic equipped on all slots on one deck, with a press of a button swap back to weapon deck)
  • somehow mod some infantry to fight similar to Aranea (jetpack style)
  • Party Skill cycling (similar to gear decks but being able to change current ally skill without going into menu
  • More commands to direct AI better
  • Change enemy behaviour to make them better to fight (like master tonberries which just become a counter fest)
  • Replenish mp when attacking in the air to make air combat last longer
  • item limit to make game harder

other:
  • manual warping with aiming
  • multiple hunts
  • Party system (add iris, aranea and cor as party members)
  • better new game + mode where enemies scale
  • Add world of ruin as a place you can teleport to using Umbra
Issue with equipment decks is that in the current form you can't swap the active weapon during combat (can't remember if it works if you're not in the middle of an attack animation with it, though).

Manual warping would introduce tons of issues, glitches, sequence-breaking etc. and that's probably the reason they changed that from Nomura's version, and it's honestly for the better as it's way easier to use in the heat of the battle in its current streamlined form. For that modders probably would have to modify every level to add warp-enabled collision meshs on walls and everywhere.

What I would like though would be to enable warping to the the same already available warp-points that currently can be used only in combat. Why that wasn't already possible in the game is something I don't understand, especially since it's inconsistently currently with warp-points outside of combat existing in some very rare cases, e.g. in Altissia, in some rare spots in the military bases (though they felt like bugs to me where they forgot to disable the points), and in only one of the dungeons, iirc. Btw, I don't know if it was only buggy for me or I missed something, but there's one silly instance in one of the dungeons (Daurell Caverns) where to reach a secret passage you have to initiate the battle below the hole in the wall, then warp up there in the middle of the fight, stay there, and wait and hope that your comrades win the fight so you can put away your sword and interact with the hole in the wall that you have to crouch through, lol.

Also, I'd love for modders to remove the introduction. I don't like how it spoils the end of the game.
Good idea, hah. It's really the worst-edited, unnecessary cold open I know.
The most important thing, make the bushes invisible so I can see my characters during fights and also fix the rest of the camera problems.
Ohh, yeah, forgot about that too even though it's always been on my mind when playing. It's so strange that nobody thought about that. It should be a pretty simple fix too since it's already implemented for characters that clip through the camera by making them half-transparent.
-I feel like the magic and magic crafting system is more of an annoyance than it is a boon. I would like it to be changed up a bit, not so much as to gut it and put a traditional version in, but treat magic more like an item and have an extra Item category for it exclusively instead of taking up a weapon. There would be limited slots which you could unlock through either progression of the skill table or directly leveling the characters...however you want to do it.

-Probably open up and expand upon the skill trees too. They just feel a bit too simple compared to something like PoE..hell compared to FFXII.

-Get rid of the magic self damage. I cannot control where my party members go therefore the idea of selfdamage is mindboggling when I cant control where they are at a particluar time and place.

-Speaking of A.I. we need some sort of simplistic version of the gambit system back to tailor party behavior more precisely to what is needed. Combine that with FFXIII's paradigm system and you can swap out preset behaviors on the fly as the battle conditions change.

-Apply a transparency effect to objects like trees in dense forested areas, or caves during battles its surprising how little you can see when fighting daemons in the forest at night...hell its hard to see during the day.

-Maybe let players have access to some of the unused assets to do something with them possibly?
Yup, the magic system is crap and it discouraged me to use it at all. I honestly forgot about magic until very late when I wanted to farm EXP through Expericast spells.

Not sure about it being like items to choose from from a list, though; would feel less immediate. Rather have an additional modifier button like L2 plus face-buttons for 4 spells that automatically hit the current target (similar to how it was in the recent multiplayer DLC beta). Btw, it's silly they wasted a whole button with L2 in combat for something like summons that happen so rarely that you easily could've relegated them to the bottom, unused party technique slot, or I don't know, by holding the item menu button with a small circle filling up until it's activated (currently it's confusing because you have to hold down L2 a while, but for some reason it often didn't work for me and I had to press and hold several times for it to summon without knowing if it's not working and I should just try again, or if I have to keep holding yet; there should be a small icon indicating the summoning's process).

Btw, there's an accesory to turn off friendly fire and there's probably only 10 people in the world who even know this, lol, but if you manually aim magic spells and hold the cast button for a few seconds apparently Noctis tells the other party members to try and run out of the target zone (didn't realize this until over 100 hours into the game when someone on the internet randomly mentioned it; though it doesn't matter because I still didn't feel like bothering with magic). Friendly fire absolutely should be turned off by default despite of its damage being technically negligible. It's just silly in a battle-system like this where your party members constantly walk into danger and get themselves killed.

Lakuza

Issue with equipment decks is that in the current form you can't swap the active weapon during combat (can't remember if it works if you're not in the middle of an attack animation with it, though).

Manual warping would introduce tons of issues, glitches, sequence-breaking etc. and that's probably the reason they changed that from Nomura's version, and it's honestly for the better as it's way easier to use in the heat of the battle in its current streamlined form. For that modders probably would have to modify every level to add warp-enabled collision meshs on walls and everywhere.

What I would like though would be to enable warping to the the same already available warp-points that currently can be used only in combat. Why that wasn't already possible in the game is something I don't understand, especially since it's inconsistently currently with warp-points outside of combat existing in some very rare cases, e.g. in Altissia, in some rare spots in the military bases (though they felt like bugs to me where they forgot to disable the points), and in only one of the dungeons, iirc. Btw, I don't know if it was only buggy for me or I missed something, but there's one silly instance in one of the dungeons (Daurell Caverns) where to reach a secret passage you have to initiate the battle below the hole in the wall, then warp up there in the middle of the fight, stay there, and wait and hope that your comrades win the fight so you can put away your sword and interact with the hole in the wall that you have to crouch through, lol.

What I meant with equipment decks is more to change the weapons available to change to, not the active weapon. So lets say the active weapon is a normal sword which is tied to the "up" arrow slot, at the press of a button I change the slots to "page 2" where the "up-arrow" slot is now fire. I'm still using the sword as I havent changed the active weapon, but pressing the "up arrow" again, will change it to fire.

Manual warping was more for exploration, which is why I placed it outside the combat category as I agree it would be too messy for combat. For movement, it would be nice to be able to explore areas without having to bunny hop up slopes and use the sword to reach higher places. Of course this would allow you to reach places you normally couldn't but mods can be fun like that, or the modder can wall off areas where the thrown weapon doesn't stick to the surface. Imagine climbing the huge rocky arcs by manually warping up it in steps as an alternative to how its done currently. It would also be an interesting way to explore that secret dungeon (sure it would make it easier but its about giving players the choice).

Falk

that puzzling face
Come on, dude. Read the OP.

I mean, couldn't you basically just tweak the Wait Mode? Haven't tried it myself, but is it an adequate alternative of ATB?

If you put each combatant on a linear timeline like Grandia and then invoked Wait Mode with a modified command/target selection every time a party member hit the ACTION part of it I think you could come up with a rather loose approximation of a Grandia-style system already.

(Keeping mind mind Grandia was already pretty loose with its timing sometimes since things couldn't clip each other)

edit: That being said such a neat summary doesn't mean this wouldn't be some kind of gargangaun undertaking. The number of things that can break and the number of oddball use cases resulting in unexpected interactions just from combat being out in the open world would take a shit ton of iterative work to even get to a playable state.

A big one I would like to see is a rework of the environments. Not a fan of a fantasy based on reality. I want to see crazy natural structures, and ridiculous scenery.

Saying "make it kh" is exactly derailing because it adds nothing to the "what" of what you want in a mod. If you want something to be kh esque at least be specific about what.

Responsive, interesting, and impactful. Magic that isn't tied to a resource you have to find and then craft but instead upgrading said spells through progression of the main game and through side content. Maybe turn Summons into something interesting but not OP integral to actual combat from encounter to encounter. Basically every different system in combat thats currently in the game to be more balanced for using them all effectively as well as making them all fun to use. Giving you limited items for an encounter.

Another thing I personally want is limiting Noctis' weapon choice. I HATE 1 size fits all characters. I want Noctis to be a "class" like the others.

Would actually really love new dungeons, though that one probably will take a bit for the modding community.

Koozek

Would actually really love new dungeons, though that one probably will take a bit for the modding community.
New platforming dungeons like Pitioss would be cool, especially if they mixed in some timed sections with warp-points. Oh, but first deactivate Noctis' extra step animation when landing after a longer jump so that you can do more precise jumps; that was probably the hardest part of the platforming to handle in the Pitioss dungeon. Though I guess you could say mastering the wonky physics was part of the challenge :p

Kumomeme

Readjusting armiger system might good
So far we just button mashing when it activating..shame players cant utilize those legendary royal weapon cycling through air

it would be great if player can control it like a deck system and had dedicated menu where player can customize the combo arangement with each weapon had it own effect,make it more tactical

LordKasual

Banned
Combat Engine Rebalances

- Add in the Comrades version of magic, or at the very least the healing version of it.
- Revamp the Armiger ascension grid to be more like the Sigils from Comrades. It makes no sense that the Kingsglaive are better at using the king's weapons than the king himself.
- Allow us to go King Mode Noctis if we use Armiger with all 13 weapons
- Rearrange the ascension grid to make more sense. Noctis shouldn't have to spend 333 points for a tech option or the ability to airdance.
- Include an option that allows you to 1) Ask a party member to rescue you, and 2) ask a party member to use their equipped magic

- FIX THE CAMERA
- FIX THE COLLISION ON LARGE ENEMIES
- FIX THE TARGETING ON LARGE ENEMIES (Just don't even let me target the Iron Giant's arms, please. There's no point.)

QoL Rebalances

- Items are beyond broken in this game, they essentially make you undefeatable. There needs to be some kind of hard limit on how many items you can stockpile, x99 is just way too much. The game is significantly better when Items are removed from the equation.
- At least include a toggle option that removes the game freeze when you access the item menu.
- Include an option to toggle off the Team Attack cutscenes for moves that don't require Noctis. (So pretty much everything except Regroup and Royal Guard)
- Impervious should be a tech upgrade, not the tech itself.
- The x2 and xInfinite airdance nodes should be an MP decreases, not airdance limits.
- Bring back the Duscae guard indicator, it was so much better

Combat Rebalances / Changes

- BRING BACK THE CONTEXTUAL PARRY ANIMATIONS (from Episode Duscae)
- Every weapon (that isn't heavy) needs some form of Airdance, there's just no other way to put it.
- If the attack string is long/slow, it either needs more stagger, or stagger protection. Noctis getting hit makes the majority of his longer combo strings completely pointless unless his target is Vulnerable.

- That said, even when Vulnerable, heavy weapons are WAAAAAAAAYY too weak for how slow they are. Axe of the Conquer is a perfect example. 400+ attack power, yet essentially useless unless you're warpstriking, and even then it takes too much health.

- Noctis should have Infinite Airdance when using all royal arms. The weapons are already limited in that they can't linkstrike (highest damage in the game) and they take your HP. All the limitations on them doesn't make sense. The only thing that limits Royal Arm ability should be your MP and HP bar.

- Armiger Warpstrike kinda sucks. Another example of a super slow attack that is pretty much never worth using. Also, please remove the slowdown on it.

The Royal Arms are the best idea in the game, so it's a pity how nerfed they are. They have high attack power but are basically unusable because of all their limitations, which are pretty severe. If they're going to deal damage just for using them, they better damn well be worth using over other items.

Bonus:

Minor detail, but when using Super Noctis, his melee combat string is pathetically weak. I somehow doubt that it was supposed to be this way.

- REMOVE THE FANFARE ITEMS, NATURALLY GIVE 1 AP PER A+ RANK AFTER COMBAT.

Dunkley

I'd reduce the amount of units the Empire airdrops on the Chcobos since it's quite ridicolous how much effort they spend every day on airdropping units on these guys.

I'd make Cidney put on some normal mechanic clothes since she looks extremely silly in her outfit. Cid is barely any better either.

I'd gut out some story segments that don't amount to anything so the plot becomes a little easier to follow.

And last but not least, I'd replace all regular battle themes with up to the challenge.

True Fire

You know what I really want? Simple event scenes. Gladio mourning the loss of his father. Noctis taking a moment to visit the blue flower field in Tenebrae and think about Luna. Ravus standing on a ledge in Altissia and staring at Noctis apprehensively. Flashes of the gang looking angsty during the timeskip.

They don't even need to be voiced. In general XV lacks in the subtle moments that defined VI, VII, and IX.

Keym

So, I played the Chocobo festival for the first time in order to get the assassin's outfit this week, and I... actually liked it. It should've been part of the main game somehow. I couldn't believe Altissia was full of things to do and see, when in the main game, well... we all know how it is.

Basically, it should've been XV's Golden Saucer, and would've been much better for it.

Koozek

Combat Engine Rebalances

- Add in the Comrades version of magic, or at the very least the healing version of it.
- Revamp the Armiger ascension grid to be more like the Sigils from Comrades. It makes no sense that the Kingsglaive are better at using the king's weapons than the king himself.
- Allow us to go King Mode Noctis if we use Armiger with all 13 weapons
- Rearrange the ascension grid to make more sense. Noctis shouldn't have to spend 333 points for a tech option or the ability to airdance.
- Include an option that allows you to 1) Ask a party member to rescue you, and 2) ask a party member to use their equipped magic

- FIX THE CAMERA
- FIX THE COLLISION ON LARGE ENEMIES
- FIX THE TARGETING ON LARGE ENEMIES (Just don't even let me target the Iron Giant's arms, please. There's no point.)
Thisss, ugh.

QoL Rebalances

- Items are beyond broken in this game, they essentially make you undefeatable. There needs to be some kind of hard limit on how many items you can stockpile, x99 is just way too much. The game is significantly better when Items are removed from the equation.
- At least include a toggle option that removes the game freeze when you access the item menu.
- Include an option to toggle off the Team Attack cutscenes for moves that don't require Noctis. (So pretty much everything except Regroup and Royal Guard)
- Impervious should be a tech upgrade, not the tech itself.
- The x2 and xInfinite airdance nodes should be an MP decreases, not airdance limits.
- Bring back the Duscae guard indicator, it was so much better
Oh, right!

Combat Rebalances / Changes

- BRING BACK THE CONTEXTUAL PARRY ANIMATIONS (from Episode Duscae)
- Every weapon (that isn't heavy) needs some form of Airdance, there's just no other way to put it.
- If the attack string is long/slow, it either needs more stagger, or stagger protection. Noctis getting hit makes the majority of his longer combo strings completely pointless unless his target is Vulnerable.

- That said, even when Vulnerable, heavy weapons are WAAAAAAAAYY too weak for how slow they are. Axe of the Conquer is a perfect example. 400+ attack power, yet essentially useless unless you're warpstriking, and even then it takes too much health.

- Noctis should have Infinite Airdance when using all royal arms. The weapons are already limited in that they can't linkstrike (highest damage in the game) and they take your HP. All the limitations on them doesn't make sense. The only thing that limits Royal Arm ability should be your MP and HP bar.

- Armiger Warpstrike kinda sucks. Another example of a super slow attack that is pretty much never worth using. Also, please remove the slowdown on it.

The Royal Arms are the best idea in the game, so it's a pity how nerfed they are. They have high attack power but are basically unusable because of all their limitations, which are pretty severe. If they're going to deal damage just for using them, they better damn well be worth using over other items.

Bonus:

Minor detail, but when using Super Noctis, his melee combat string is pathetically weak. I somehow doubt that it was supposed to be this way.

- REMOVE THE FANFARE ITEMS, NATURALLY GIVE 1 AP PER A+ RANK AFTER COMBAT.
Yeaaah, Royal Arms were basically only useful when equipped for stat increases (since characters' Attack and Defense stats are increased by all 4 equipped weapons regardless of whether you're using them). Always had equipped the Shield and the Bow, which is super OP when used during Ignis' Overwhelm.

Lunaray

I would absolutely change the way the music plays. It's a shame that Shimomura's best music in the game is drowned out by filler harmonica music. Wanderlust and Valse di Fantastical should play more and not be interrupted by menu music. I would remove all pitstop music and just let wanderlust play over it.

tensuke

I want somnus to keep playing in battle in ch. 14. Actually, if I have music playing in the mp3 player I'd rather that keep playing during battle, too (as much as I love the battle themes).

Increased ma-x angelus-0/magitek suit v2 rates pls.

Mifec

You know what I really want? Simple event scenes. Gladio mourning the loss of his father. Noctis taking a moment to visit the blue flower field in Tenebrae and think about Luna. Ravus standing on a ledge in Altissia and staring at Noctis apprehensively. Flashes of the gang looking angsty during the timeskip.

They don't even need to be voiced. In general XV lacks in the subtle moments that defined VI, VII, and IX.

It lacks way more than that when it comes to char development and story arcs for said chars.

Reworked magic and summoning system would definitely be the first thing I'd look for. Although I doubt the game has the resources necessary for modders to rework either to my satisfaction, there are definitely some great improvements that could be made nonetheless.

Fix the AP economy.

That means turning the Fanfare accessories into cheap Ascension nodes, and it means having quests reward you with AP instead of experience (I think 1 AP for every 100 experience the quest would've given you makes plenty of sense and would result in a much healthier difficulty curve for the game).

With the AP hose turned on, revamp the Ascension grid so that a lot of stuff currently relegated to accessories is turned into Ascension nodes. Definitely the Black Belt/Megaphone/Target Scope type stuff, definitely the Friendship Bracelet or whatever it's called. Especially an expanded magic skill tree (lowered cooldown would be great, and really break magic damage limit/freecast/healcast should've lived here).

Place severe limits on item usage per-battle.

Find a way to create incentives to do more than just pick one 'main' weapon and three stat-boosting Royal weapons as Noct's endgame layout. The weapon switching should theoretically be the bread and butter of mastering the combat system. I feel like the Armiger weapons and the Ring of the Lucii ought to be somehow all 'passively' equipped as you obtain them instead of ever taking up an equipment slot. Not sure how this would work but as-is those things are also basically a huge incentive to play the game 'wrong.'

LordKasual

Banned
Fix the AP economy.

That means turning the Fanfare accessories into cheap Ascension nodes, and it means having quests reward you with AP instead of experience (I think 1 AP for every 100 experience the quest would've given you makes plenty of sense and would result in a much healthier difficulty curve for the game).

I'm actually doing a No Item playthrough of the game, and since i have the Fanfare accessories, the AP economy is actually really good. 1 AP per warpstrike kill, usually 1-2 AP per regular battle, sometimes 3 if i'm lucky enough to A+ Finesse. +2 (or whatever) AP per character leveling up

They do need to remove those worthless AP exploration nodes, or at least severely buff them.

Find a way to create incentives to do more than just pick one 'main' weapon and three stat-boosting Royal weapons as Noct's endgame layout. The weapon switching should theoretically be the bread and butter of mastering the combat system. I feel like the Armiger weapons and the Ring of the Lucii ought to be somehow all 'passively' equipped as you obtain them instead of ever taking up an equipment slot. Not sure how this would work but as-is those things are also basically a huge incentive to play the game 'wrong.'

I thought of a really neat way to fix this, actually.

- Remove the ability to equip Royal Arms
- Add seperate "Armiger Form" equip menu, same as regular equip menu, except only for Royal Arms. Equipment in this menu affects your stats, but not your regular loadout.
- Add new Armiger function. This allows you to use the Armiger loadout.

L2 = Armiger
- Does not require meter
- Change to a pre-determined loadout of 4 Royal Arms (These are the 4 that rotate around you)
- No Linkstrikes, all attacks deal HP damage (since you're only using Royal Arms) **Edit: Actually, it might be better if the form lasts as long as your current MP bar, and ends when its depleted.
- Phasing automatically deflects bullets (since you're only using Royal Arms)
- Armiger builds faster in this mode
- Stat buffs / debuffs are amplified

L1+R1 = Armiger Full
- Old Armiger
- Hold Circle To Win

Summon = another button, who cares

Edit:

Oh yeah, the Ring.

Basically, they can make it another "Form" like Armiger, in which you can only use Death / Holy / Alterna. And you simply unlock this form at Ch.13.

Something tells me that these kinds of changes though might not be possible from a system memory standpoint. I remember square complaining about that before, but i dont know if it still applies.

It certainly doesnt apply to PC though

ultima786

For you modders who are going to be fixing some of this game, consider putting the Dawn Trailer

a) right when Noctis puts on the Ring for the First time in Graelea. He should scream, then allow for Regis and Young Noctis to appear on screen as per this trailer (https://youtu.be/FXMJTGna_xA?t=1m1s). End when Noctis walks towards the screen after the flash of his memories with Luna, or

b) during his "Reflection" in the Crystal after speaking to Bahamut. Play Dawn Trailer, and then have Noctis awake in Angelgard 10 years later.

Either way, both would serve as a sort of "communion" with the line of Lucis, which Noctis was deprived of in-game. And would make the 10-year transition more powerful.

Top Bottom