• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Sci-Fi Book(s) Should I Read Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antagon

Yeah, what other Clarke and PKD books are considered the best? I was thinking The Man In The High Castle should be on that list.

Hey, should I watch The Expanse tv show or just read the books? I do need a new show and I haven't seen a good scifi show in a loooong time. But if the books are a lot better I guess I don't want to ruin them by watching the show first.

As for my next book, I think I'm leaning towards A Fire Upon the Deep.

The show is very well received, definitely worth a watch. But they've just covered the first half of the first book and there's 6 books out now. I'd say watch the show, then read the first book and see what you prefer.

Trumpets

Stasis said:
Pandora's Star, and then Judas Unchained and other novels in the universe. Peter F. Hamilton.

My man. Pandora's Star is one of the best SF books I've read, and it has THE best antagonist(s).

HotHamBoy

Update to this thread:

After finishing A Fire Upon the Deep I started A Deepness In The Sky. I just finished that a few minutes ago.

About to start Children of the Sky. I really love Vernor Vinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom