• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What: Square Enix's Chaos Rings Sigma Cancelled Due to Various Factors

miku

0Qe6vCd.jpg

Official Site

TGS Trailer

Seems like the whole scenario is already completed and would takes about 40 hours to finish the game according to the scenario writer, Kitajima Yukinori.

He also works on the scenario for Chaos Rings series, Senran Kagura series, 428 Shibuya, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, and more.

Steel

Banned
Odd that square would cancel a mobile game. Then again, did the previous Chaos Rings sell at all well? I mean, they weren't F2P.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
hmm, i was actually going to buy and play the entire series after I get an iphone 6s. (only played the first).

Eusis

I wonder if iOS 9 support those games.
Why it'd be nice for SE to get the games on Vita out here, even if it's a quiet DD-only release. iOS has been particularly volatile as of late for older games continuing to work. :/

EDIT: And I believe Chaos Rings 1 at least works, but that's no guarantee for iOS 10, or 11, or... yeah.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Not sure, hopefully someone can answer this.

I wonder if iOS 9 support those games.

I wonder too (though I have a feeling it won't). I have purchased CR2 anyway but I haven't got around playing it. I'll try downloading that and try once I got a new phone next week.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I was under the impression that these games did well.

Why else would they make so many?

UCBooties

Shame, I enjoyed the first one and always meant to continue the series. I had hoped the Vita ports would get localized at some point since the translations were already done.

wrowa

I was under the impression that these games did well.

Why else would they make so many?

I think the first two (plus Omega) sold indeed quite well, but Chaos Rings 3 turned out to be kind of a flop. Might be a victim of the changing iOS landscape: The Chaos Rings titles weren't cheap and it becomes increasingly difficult to sell something that isn't F2P.

Every single game in the series is currently not working correctly on iOS 9, according to App Store reviews.

I would really like to know if inability to keep up with iOS compatibility will be what actually kills this series.

Top Bottom