• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What underloved Wii or Wii U franchises would you like to see come back on Switch?

PsionBolt

A couple folks have mentioned it, but the best answer really is Another Code. R is such an interesting game.

8zY83mO.jpg

Clov

A couple folks have mentioned it, but the best answer really is Another Code. R is such an interesting game.

8zY83mO.jpg

This would be pretty great. I'd prefer another Hotel Dusk, though that never had a Wii entry. It's really too bad about Cing...

From the Wii era, I'd love to see another Sin and Punishment entry, and a followup to The Last Story. From Wii U, I really want another Tokyo Mirage Sessions game. I'm a big SMT fan, and that one was a lot of fun to play.

While it's not as unappreciated as the other games I listed, I still would like to see a proper Pikmin 4. I really hope it's actually happening.

I want another Devils Third game and I am 100% serious. Might not have been a franchise, but damn if they weren't trying to make one.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191733

The multiplayer was solid. Nintendo needs the base raiding, chicken collecting shooting action that only that game can provide. I don't agree with having a direct continuation of the Devil's Third franchise but instead having a spiritual successor. The reasoning behind this is that (A) the title won't sound good with a numerical or subtitle, (B) the character design was forgettable to mediocre and Ivan should be replaced on the box art with a better looking character to provide a nice display to passing shoppers on store shelves, (C) a fresh start will allow better chance of success this time around.

And this time around they need an actual easy-to-understand guide when base building implemented by Nintendo themselves.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I would rebuy all of my favorite Wii/WiiU Deluxe titles again.

DKC Tropical Freeze, Punchout!! Wii, Sin & Punishment, and... I guess that's it. I wouldn't rebuy Xenoblade games again, because they're long.

It was on the ps2 as well, but count my vote towards Dokapon kingdom. I was wishing a sequel was going to come out for the wii u but, unfortunately, no dice.

r3ddvil

In order of train of thought...

Zack and Wiki
Boom Blox
Dead Space Extraction (will never happen)
HotD Overkill (will never happen)
Lost Winds 3
WiiSports 3

In order of train of thought...

Zack and Wiki
Boom Blox
Dead Space Extraction (will never happen)
HotD Overkill (will never happen)
Lost Winds 3
WiiSports 3

The problem with most of these for me is that I'm not sure how well they'd work or feel without Wiimote controls.

StereoVsn

- OG Xenoblade chronicles ported with HD textures.
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions would be good. A fairly quick port would wet appetite before SMT Switch.
- Bayonetta 1&2
- Wonderful 101
- Wii-U Zelda Ports

r3ddvil

The problem with most of these for me is that I'm not sure how well they'd work or feel without Wiimote controls.

I agree. I miss the Wiimote. It got a lot of hate, but was a great input method when executed properly. With motion plus and a nunchuck, it is still my favorite control scheme

Like seriously, this game was competitive, fun, balanced, and just an absolute blast to play. It can be played casually, and it can ramp up right to very advanced skills, and still be a blast. It's like Smash, or Rocket League in that regard.

But again, come back MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED!

Not necessarily a Wii-exclusive franchise, but I would love another Punch-Out! game from NLG, this time with more original characters (a couple returning characters from the original and Super Punch-Out! would be fine, but I'd say only like three from each at most).

Xion86

Sports...likes of Bowling/Tennis are still so addictive. Recently got Wii Sports out as my sister wanted to play. Forgot how fun and addictive it was!

WonderzL

Banned
Do we need another Captain Toad? Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I wonder if we would have a "Galaxy 2" situation in which the DNA is the same of the original (and that's not bad, I just prefer new stuff).

WITH THAT SAID,

Hyrule Warriors needs a definitive edition. The 3DS port was questionable to say the least, and the way they handled the new characters on the Wii U was..... a mess.

Also, Pikmin 4, but that's confirmed, so.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I'm all about the Last Story and Pandora's Tower, even if they're remakes.

I'd like to see almost all of the Wii U's library ported though.

Top Bottom