• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will be Sony's next PC port after Forbidden West

What will be Sony's next PC port?

• God of War Ragnarök

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Demon's Souls Remake

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Bloodborne (lol)

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered

Votes: 40 22.1%
  • Other (Please, specify)

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

yurinka

I'd say Ghost of Tsushima, to make this combo:
  • 2024 PC port + movie announcement
  • 2025 movie release + GoT 2 announcement
  • 2026 GoT 2 (PS5 only) release
I think they know Bloodborne would sell in PC, but I think they are waiting for FromSoft to be ready to work on the sequel and make the combo of releasing in the span of a couple years PS5 remaster, later the PC port of the remaster, later some movie/tv show adaptation and later a PS5 only sequel.

GoWR and Spider-Man 2 are too close to their initial release, Sony releases PC ports at least 2+ years after the original release of the game. When asked about the Nvidia leak, Yamauchi said it was bullshit and that they weren't porting GT7 and didn't have plans to port it to PC.

Regarading TLOU2, I think they'll take some time after the PS5 release to port it making sure it's properly polished when released, and also maybe they'll want to wait to release it closer to the season 2 of the tv show (2025). I think they'll release:

• Early 2024: HFW + Helldivers 2
  • Mid 2024: GoT (or maybe Demon's Souls)
  • Late 2024/erly 2025: Concord + TLOU2

Does FFXVI count as a Sony port?
Sony doesn't publish or develop this game and doesn't own this IP. So no.

I'm hoping for Gran Turismo
GT seems reasonable (and so did Dreams), but Sony seems to be very protective of their racing series and community creation games going PC. But action games are ok.
My vote goes to GT7. Perfect fit for PC.

Its game director denied to be working on a PC port or to have any plans of porting it to PC.

Has any GT been released on pc before?
No

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Its game director denied to be working on a PC port or to have any plans of porting it to PC.

Luckily he doesn’t need to be involved. Sony has porting studios and they have the last call. GT was mentioned in that GeForce leak. We’ll see.

Schmendrick

mmmm SM2 is too new, LoU just had a crash landing with its botched PC version....
I think it`s between GoT and GoW:R even though I think GT7 would be a much better fit for PC.

Famipan

I think they might do GOT next and preferably before Ubisoft launches their Samurai game in 2024.

GT7 has probably not that much revenue potential since I think it’s probably mostly hardcore players playing racing games on PC.
If they can keep GT7 exclusive to PS5 it adds more unique value to the console and potential PS+ sales.

TLOU Part II is probably late 2024/early 2025 or even later depending on the tv-drama.

GOW2 Ragnarok is too close from initial release Nov 22 2022. Probably seeing that in Winter 2024 at earliest.

Demon’s Souls Remake. As long as PS5 sales goes well I think they might save this one until later. Maybe they will add a PS5 Pro mode to leverage sales of PS5 Pro, then release it later on PC.

Bloodborne Remake on PC before Demon’s Souls on PC… that’s the question!

Last edited:
Don't know if it'll be next but Part 2 will be either 6 months after the PS5 release or maybe release side by side with Season 2 of the HBO show in and around Jan 2025.

Probably closer to 2025. They are gonna want to make sure their is no bugs this time around and seen as they fixed Part 1 on PC I don't see why their would be.

Last edited:

yurinka

Luckily he doesn’t need to be involved. Sony has porting studios and they have the last call. GT was mentioned in that GeForce leak. We’ll see.
Yes, the GT7 director mentioned they weren't porting it and that didn't have plans to port it when asked about the GeForce leak. He officially debunked it. So at least for now, like Bayonetta 3, Deracine or Scalebound to name a few, GT7 is in the list but seems they aren't working on it or at least got officially debunked.

Don't know if it'll be next but Part 2 will be either 6 months after the PS5 release or maybe release side by side with Season 2 of the HBO show in and around Jan 2025.

Probably closer to 2025. They are gonna want to make sure their is no bugs this time around and seen as they fixed Part 1 on PC I don't see why their would be.
Yes, I assume that after the TLOUP1 experience this time they won't rush to release it in some specific quarter or FY and they'll simply will take as much time as needed and won't release it until properly ready.

I assume they may target to release it late 2024/early 2025, a few months before the season 2 of the tv show, with the idea of having the launch sales peak and some time later after it ended use the tv show to cause another peak.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Something that isn't Bloodborne, Demon's Souls or Shadow of the Colossus because Sony hates to actually sell these games on PC.

It had better be Ghost of Tsushima or else I'll post some really disappointed comments on the internet. Seriously, it should Ghost of Tsushima, I've been dying to play that game since the first announce trailer.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yes, the GT7 director mentioned they weren't porting it and that didn't have plans to port it when asked about the GeForce leak. He officially debunked it. So at least for now, like Bayonetta 3, Deracine or Scalebound to name a few, GT7 is in the list but seems they aren't working on it or at least got officially debunked.

LOL, what do you expect him to say? Of course he will deny everything. That's his job. Yamauchi has no say in this matter. It's up to Sony.

I'm not saying that it will happen but it is certainly possible. And out of entire Sony catalogue, this game would do the best on PC. Sim / sim-cade is huge on the platform and with the recent disastrous launch of Forza Motorsport, that piece of the cake is up for grabs.

yurinka

LOL, what do you expect him to say? Of course he will deny everything. That's his job. Yamauchi has no say in this matter. It's up to Sony.

I'm not saying that it will happen but it is certainly possible. And out of entire Sony catalogue, this game would do the best on PC. Sim / sim-cade is huge on the platform and with the recent disastrous launch of Forza Motorsport, that piece of the cake is up for grabs.
Yamauchi is the director of the game and the creator of the series, the best selling ones in the history of the Sony games. Of course he has a say and knowledge regarding to if his game gets ported or not.

If it would be under development, he'd say 'we don't comment rumors or speculattions', 'no comment', etc., or the PR guy would just ask the journalist to don't include this question in the interview. When something is plain bullshit they can freely debunk it as he did it here, or as Kamiya or MS did with Scalebound.

Last edited:

ssringo

Just finished a playthrough of Demon's Souls so I'm in no hurry for that one. So I hope it's Ghost since I never bought that one and don't really want to after the Nvidia leak.

Calverz

I think in 2024 pc will get:
Horizon 2
Spider-Man 2
Tlou 2

Possibly:
Ghosts of t
GT7
GOW Rag

More reasons to not spend £480 on a 3 year old console.

Thanks Jimbo
Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

Top Bottom