• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this about cut content from OoT?

Dyne

Pureauthor said:
The best part of Pokemon rumours is that so many of them proved true because the game was bugged to Isshu and back.

Bugs, or intended?

My mind was freaking blown when the REAL way to get Mew appeared on the internet and it actually worked.

As for extra Zelda dungeons - no. OOT is perfect as it is. Wind Waker - now that's a game where I want to see the cut content.

I remember early screenshots of Zelda 64 showing that the various Medallions were actually equippable, presumably to be used as spells like the Quake/Ether/Bombos medallions in LoZ: A Link to the Past. It's too bad that didn't make it into the final product, it would've been pretty cool (though Din's Fire/Farore's Wind/Nayru's Love are useful and/or broken enough in their own ways).

AniHawk said:
you're getting a 3ds?

It's going to have the breadth of library that the DS has, looking at the early 3rd party support. And the DS is the only system I play these days. If I have to, I'll just have to mod my unit for an extra analogue slider on the right hand side. It's apparently very easy to do on the PSP, for instance.

ITA84

disappeared said:
Yeah, I remember reading about all the features they wanted to put in OoT; partly because they were too ambitious for the N64 and partly because they could negatively affect gameplay, most of them were scrapped or adapted for Majora's Mask. In the end it was surely for the best. can't say the same for Fable, which had somewhat similar stuff in its previews.

snap0212

Dragona Akehi said:
I'd be happy if they'd just make sure to make it the Master Quest edition. Then I'd actually purchase it.
Oh, Master Quest was great. You even had to do a backflip once, right?

TSA said:
I hope they have some fun by perhaps paying homage to all those Triforce rumors back in the day.
I remember having to do a backflip to get across a firewall in the Fire Temple. I really should replay Master Quest I don't think I beat it way back when.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
AniHawk said:
you're getting a 3ds?

Never mind Dragona, are you getting a 3DS? We don't know the price yet, but if the speculations are right and it costs somewhere between 200 and 250 bucks, I assume you will not be pleased, right? I know I won't even if it's 199€, but that's the lowest price I'm expecting.

rottendevice said:
Those sound more like rumors than facts.

There were a lot of weird rumors about Zelda: OoT. I think it was because the game came out when the Internet was still very young, and people could tell lies and Photoshop screenshots, put it on a personal website, and people would believe the stuff.

Other notable rumors include: Accessing the Triforce from a hole in the ground in Hyrule Field, getting the Black Tunic, and a code that let you play as Zelda.

It's funny, but I think some people actually still believe this.

Oh, the days when the internet was still fun :lol

AniHawk

Kilrogg said:
Never mind Dragona, are you getting a 3DS? We don't know the price yet, but if the speculations are right and it costs somewhere between 200 and 250 bucks, I assume you will not be pleased, right? I know I won't even if it's 199€, but that's the lowest price I'm expecting.

If it's under $200 it's a buy. If it's over that, there better be some sweet-ass stuff there day one, like Ocarina of Time 3D or something.

Or basically, whenever OoT 3D hits, I buy it.

totowhoa

Banned
Feels strange that I'm not too pumped about OoT 3DS. I'd probably get it eventually, but unless there's some decent extras, I'll pass. Something along of the lines of Links Awakening (but bigger dungeon), Chrono Trigger DS, or Super Mario 64 DS (would have been good if it werent for the controls) would be nice, if not even more. Ive still got two copies, and all of my systems are hooked up somewhere in my house anyway.

Yeah, put me on the "not too pumped" list for this remake too. I played the SHIT out of Ocarina of Time; there would have to be a ton of new stuff for me to go back.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
AniHawk said:
If it's under $200 it's a buy. If it's over that, there better be some sweet-ass stuff there day one, like Ocarina of Time 3D or something.

Or basically, whenever OoT 3D hits, I buy it.

So, you're giving in, basically? You used to be so staunch about low hardware prices.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Yeah, put me on the "not too pumped" list for this remake too. I played the SHIT out of Ocarina of Time; there would have to be a ton of new stuff for me to go back.

Other people have never really played OoT, or most N64 games for that matter, and could be tempted given the 3D, controls and tweaks/added content are appealing :). OoT was never on my list the first time around because of the ugly texture filtering and fog on the N64, and I hate the N64 controller. Nintendo, don't screw the controls and price, and I might just bite.

Servizio said:
Unseen 64 has a few articles about Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time [Gameshark Beta Quest]

e5nxc5.jpg

Giant help owl OH SHI~

AniHawk

Kilrogg said:
So, you're giving in, basically? You used to be so staunch about low hardware prices.

I am very weak when it comes to Zelda. And very very weak when it comes to, say, a remake of Ocarina of Time.

However, I think the lines are blurring a little bit. I wouldn't pay $150 for a DS or DS Lite, but I might pay $130 or so for a DSi. When they used to just play games, like with the GB and original DS lines, it was sorta bullshit that the prices were arbitrarily raised. In this case, I'll pay for the tech. For one, the lineup, assuming developers follow up with the games, could be very good in the first year. Secondly, the system will probably be hard sought after for a while if it's appropriately priced. Finally, the tech is just that cool. $200 for 3D (games and movies) without glasses in 2010 sounds just about right. $130 or $170 or $190 for N64 graphics in 2010 and very little else is bullshit.

loosus

Banned
I can't remember. Was that what it was? That No was the default option? I remember getting so fucking mad and pulling my hair out when I was like 17 playing it. :lol

mclem

Servizio said:
I'd be surprised if the 3DS remake has any significant content added. Maybe...Some first person perspective where things are thrown at your face. That already happened when you used the bow didn't it? Man it's been awhile since I've played the ole TOoT.

I suspect it'll include Master Quest. That may well be all.

Mind you, Master Quest in English with no disc load times alone is a very interesting prospect.

linkboy

I doubt we'll see anythign that was cut out.

There's going to be the graphic changes, probably some story line changes to make it fit with the newer games a bit better (probably the older ones as well). I suspect it will tie together with Skyward Sword.

I'll be perfectly happy if the Beam Attack is put back into the game, I'm still pissed it was removed.

Kilrogg said:
Other people have never really played OoT, or most N64 games for that matter, and could be tempted given the 3D, controls and tweaks/added content are appealing :). OoT was never on my list the first time around because of the ugly texture filtering and fog on the N64, and I hate the N64 controller. Nintendo, don't screw the controls and price, and I might just bite.

I'm not saying others won't bite, i'm just saying that better graphics alone ain't doing it for me. I hope there's (a lot) more to it than that.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm not saying others won't bite, i'm just saying that better graphics alone ain't doing it for me. I hope there's (a lot) more to it than that.

I know, and I agree with you.

Pikelet

Master quest was rubbish, i dont know why anyone would want that version. Half of the puzzles just threw logic out the window. e.g. at the start of jabu jabu's belly where you would normally have to hit a switch to progress, now a cows head is stuck in the roof that you must shoot. what the hell?

I'm personally hoping that OoT 3DS is a Metroid: Zero Mission-style remake. That kind of remake (with refinements to the camera, gameplay, graphics, story and content to make double dipping worthwhile). The original OoT was great, but some of its elements were just exercises in frustration.

Top Bottom