• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's with foodie youtuber Mark Wiens? His reactions are so over the top

pel1300

This is what every food youtuber does
I was a big Anthony Bourdain fan and watched various food videos on youtube over the years. I don't know, I just don't remember most of them being like this.

I can only imagine what he's like when wine tasting using all the superlative adjectives in the book.

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Last edited:

YukiOnna

He just loves food. You can very easily tell when he doesn't like something before he ends up talking about it thanks to that. He's said before, he's not a reviewer, he just wants to show it off, give respect to the effort & culture, and let people judge if it's something they'd want to try or open to experiencing.

One of my favourite to learn about some new dish or cultural aspect I didn't know tbh. Good energy.

StueyDuck

looks and sounds like your generic know it all social media influencer who doesn't know any of it, but makes funny faces and says many words and it keeps dumb people entertained, like jiggling keys for a baby

Go_Ly_Dow

OH WOW

I watch his videos regularly lol. Mostly for exposure to a lot of different cuisines and dishes from all over the world for cooking inspiration, but also because like him, I'm a slim food loving glutton.

He must travel non-stop.

Last edited:

mopspear

I honestly think he just really likes food, plus appreciates it in a technical way as well. But, I wish I enjoyed literally anything as much as Mark Weins enjoys food.

hbo max even paid weins to do a small series on Singapore food.

he does a good enough job for the masses but kinda lacks depth and vocabulary to really be taken seriously beyond a youtube vlogger.

Meicyn

Gold Member
looks and sounds like your generic know it all social media influencer who doesn't know any of it, but makes funny faces and says many words and it keeps dumb people entertained, like jiggling keys for a baby
look at that bitch eating crackers

This guy can take down some seriously large burgers in very few bites. Impressive stuff. He definitely has a talent.

Have to wonder where all the food goes though for being so skinny.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I watched the food ranger regularly for 2 years or so. Love his chinese content

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This guy can take down some seriously large burgers in very few bites. Impressive stuff. He definitely has a talent.

Have to wonder where all the food goes though for being so skinny.

I watch a food challenge guy. Beard meats food I think. He just fasts for 24 or more hours and works out. Perhaps these guys do the same and lots of walking? Skinny as fuck. Fun channel.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Maybe his mannerisms are just different to yours? He's just more enthusiastic in general, and especially about food.

Maybe that's exactly why people watch it. Because they want to share in his joy.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Finally decided to check out that YouTube thing OP?

I stumbled upon The Food Ranger years ago randomly while he was still only in china and going to backstreet markets and such which i liked; a real look into the culture from that POV.

He speaks a lot of the different dialects thus he could suprise and engage in dialogue which i also found engaging.

Watched his channel for quite a while.

Later on even some of his Indonesian stuff. But the reactions and... I can't put my finger on it.. I just stopped and haven't looked back.

I saw one collab with wiener and that was cringe af hence my participation ITT.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Maybe his mannerisms are just different to yours? He's just more enthusiastic in general, and especially about food.

Maybe that's exactly why people watch it. Because they want to share in his joy.

Well sure.

It's his passion. And passion is contagious just like laughter in a way.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

he's a meme but i'm subscribed to him and watching his videos while eating something myself has become kind of a habit

also after seeing this video

going to el capricho is now on my bucket list. i hope it's as good as he makes it sound like, the food looks amazing for sure

joeysworldtour is still the goat though

Wildebeest

If you watch tik-tok and the like, you will see people who react to just watching other people eat something really bland looking by screaming and running around like they are on fire.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There's over 7 billion people on earth... 10 million stupid people is expected

Well. In my case, like i do with movie's in instance as well; is to block out his persona and enjoy the spectacle of an exotic variety of dishes in (for me) exotic ie unknown locations.

Many are very curious to see new things. In this case food from other cultures they'll probably never will or get to visit.

Is that stupid or curiosity/interest and passion for food?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Dude is very mild compared to other people.

And tbh, if you really love food, you are gonna have similar reactions when you taste something incredibly tasty.

I looked like a child at christmas when i tasted high price wagyu meat for the first time.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Dude is very mild compared to other people.

And tbh, if you really love food, you are gonna have similar reactions when you taste something incredibly tasty.

I looked like a child at christmas when i tasted high price wagyu meat for the first time.
Wagyu is the stuff, you can't believe all the tales about are true...then you eat it and realize that...it is THAT good and melty.

GymWolf

Wagyu is the stuff, you can't believe all the tales about are true...then you eat it and realize that...it is THAT good and melty.
Absolutely.

When you see all the fat veins in tv or youtube you think that it is gonna taste just like meat fat, then you actually chew on it and the consistence is like in between meat and fat, magical to say the least.

It was so worth that i returned in the same reastaurant 2 days after for a bis, never being more happy to spend 110 euros for 100 gr of meat.

Can't wait for august because i have a trip there and i'm gonna be able to eat that delicacy again.

Money don't make you happy but they really get you so fucking close:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
He just is like that.
Subbed to him, Food Ranger, Beard meets Food(?), Ericsurf6, it's fun watching them while eating yourself as well. Don't care if people find that weird.

Ansphn

Lol yes this guy is hilarious. One time he tasted some Thai street food and his eyes rolled back in his head.

Top Bottom