• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats with Zelda developers putting sexual innuendo's in their games?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
There are two right off the tip of my head but I am sure there is more.

-Zelda 2: A tall figured lady invites you into her house. After link is done he has full hearts and fully replenished. IDK what was going on in that house but seems more than resting.

-Zelda BOTW: There is a woman in Kakariko village who asked you to use your bow to set some torch's on fire. When the quest is competed she seems to have a full blown orgasm. Her husband only cares about his chickens. If you seen the south park chicken lover episode we know how that can go.

Last edited:

Teslerum

You've provided two examples of a video game franchise that contains 29 games.

Either bring more examples or I wouldn't call this anything special, other game series have innuendo's too.

As classic and hilarious as the Zelda 2 example is. It's the go to example for sexual innuendo in video games for a reason. But that's about it.

Last edited:

Deerock71

The Triforce is triangular in shape. Have fun with THAT, Dr. Freud!
Video Games Nintendo GIF

Fredrik

The mushroom sisters and the lady who needed a horse in TOTK were hinting at something too. It’s great. Don’t complain.

PillsOff

Banned
Cos the first thing people did with TOTK was building a giant robot with fiery penis
I guess we love sex almost as much as pointless complaining

Last edited:
Nintendo Treehouse is heavily involved in first-party games. This might be more the NoA treehouse crew putting their own spin on things during “localization”.

And if it’s funny, who cares?

Last edited:

Trunx81

Links Awakening:
The bikini in the fetch quest
The hippo model
The walking d*cos who where chanting (in the German version) “give me your juice, I’ll give you mine”

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
- in one instance in Ocarina of Time, a Goron in Goron City can be overheard stating "I think I hid a stick around here somewhere....heeheehee," and as everyone who's seen A Princess Bride knows all too well, hiding sticks is antiquated UK slang for alleyway midget handjobs.

Top Bottom