• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your MOST PLAYED game this year?

Alric

For Honor - 330 Hours

header.jpg

enkaisu

Banned
1. Breath of the Wild - Around 300 hours
2. Persona 5 - Around 130 hours
3. Overwatch - Probably around 80 hours?

I plan on getting Yakuza 0 sometime this year so I can definitely see it taking Overwatch's spot. Breath of the Wild will most likely stay on top. :)

Syf

Banned
WoW. Legion too good. I don't know the exact playtime but I don't see any other game replacing it by year's end, not with Antorus coming out.

GamerJM

Banned
I spent like 60 hours playing 7th Dragon III: Code VFD.

I have no idea why. It's not a very good game at all. It just kind of became something I'd passively play while watching Melee matches or anime.

YawZah

Neo Member
1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - 400 hours
2. Horizon - 40 hours
3. Hitman - 20 hours

I haven't played a game as much as PUBG in over a decade. I don't know why, but I love it.

Robiin

Smash Bros. Wii U - 700 hours total, probably 150h this year.

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Over 70 hours according to the Switch log

NiOh - 50 hours.

Mario will definitely take the third spot if it's as good as it seems.

Played over 40 hours of FFXV, and more than 20 hours of ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Horizon as well. Almost at 20 hours with Steamworld Dig 2.

Griss

Breath of the Wild is probably my most played single player game of all time.

I reckon I've put 180 hours into it across Wii and Switch.

Beat it on Wii U, then started over and beat it again with 120 shrines and all items on Wii U, then started over and beat it again on Hard mode on Wii U, then bought a Switch so I could play it again, again on Hard Mode (mistake), but I haven't beaten it yet on Switch.

I almost never play a game twice, so that tells you how much I enjoyed it.

Metaroo

1 | Persona 5 at 95 hours
2 | Dark Souls 3 at 70 hours
3 | Tales of Berseria at 67 hours

Finished Dark Souls 3 but didn't do any of the DLC acts. Havent finished Beseria or Persona 5. Right at the final acts of both but can't quite find the time or the enthusiasm with so much more happening around the corner. C'est la vie.

Also, just purchased Digimon World Next Order, so I'm sure thats gonna push me even FURTHER away from finishing either of these ...

Jmille99

Without having any way to confirm at the moment, Im going to guess:

Stardew Valley (PS4 and Switch combined) - 150 hrs
Persona 5 - 70 hrs
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 40 hrs

HiroTSK5

Easily NieR: Automata with 3 full 40-60 playthroughs with a good chance of at least one more before the year ends.

The only thing I can see knocking it out is Fire Emblem Warriors especially with at least one of the DLC packs coming out in Dec.

Kashiwaba

SFV no idea how much but at least 300+ hours
MGSV 109 hours
Tekken 7 80 hours
Odin sphere lei... Whatever the name is around 60 hours
Gravity Rush 2 45 hours.

Kovacs

Been a bit of an odd year. I've played a lot of different games in in 20-odd minute spurts. I'd usually play a few large scale RPG's etc clocking in at a hundred off hours each but I've only done that with BOTW. That said I was sick over the weekend so I plonked myself on the couch and made South Park my third most played already as I was lucky enough to receive it on Friday.

Breath of the Wild - 115 hours
Disgaea 5 - 40 hours
South Park - The Fractured But Whole - 21 hours.

South Park will increase to whatever it takes to finish and do all the side quests. BOTW is likely to see at least a but more playtime when the expansion is out.

Other than that, I can't see much changing other than things like Spatoon, Mario Kart, FIFA, Rocket League etc increasing in small chunks.

rainz

1. NBA 2k17 (200ish hours - offline seasons)
2. Overwatch pc (also 200 hours)
3. Forza horizon 3 - 120 hours

2k18 will replace 17 no doubt as its a far better offline basketball game than 17 was.

AzureFlame

All the 50+ games

Nioh 80+hours and got platinum ( now playing Dlcs)
Persona 5 120+ hours and got platinum
Yakuza 0 50+ Hours
Zelda BotW 200+ hours 100% the game (yes all seeds)

I have alot of 20-30 hours games as well.

Kindekuma

Banned
For me Persona 5 sits snugly in first place at 102 hours for my single playthrough. Breath of the Wild comes in second at over 90 hours, and I'm still trying to finish all the shrines and also waiting for the rest of the DLC to drop.

I bought CS:GO this year during the Steam Summer Sale and put in 79 hours in. I got sort of addicted to playing MGSV and had to replace it with something else.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Switch says around 120 hours, it's probably more
2. Nioh. 90 hours, that's just the vanilla game without dlc. Did most of the side missions + platinum
3. Mario + Rabbids: 50 hours, 100% file with all challenges completed

Nosgotham

zelda breath of the wild. hugely addicted and i still pop it in from time to time. ill tell you now stardew valley will be 80 hours easy

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1. Hearthstone
2. BotW
3. Destiny 2

No clue, but I've played Hearth like virtually every say for the last 3 or 4 years.

shaneo632

Been really exhausted with long AAA games this year so I've not played anything more than 20-ish hours. I don't have the mental energy or patience to put 100+ hours into a game anymore. Played about 60 games in total this year but generally a lot of indie/VR stuff instead.

1. Yakuza 0 - 21.5 hours
2. Golf Story - 19 hours
3. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - 15.5 hours

Fbh

Persona 5 - 103 Hours.
Which is what my first (and probably only) playthrough took

Breath of the Wild - 60 hours and counting
Not done with the game yet (though nearing the end). But I'm at 60 hours so far

Rocket Legue - Don't know
Is there anyway to know on Ps4? I'm pretty sure it's either the same or more than Zelda since it's my most played multiplayer game. But I can only guess.

BTA

Persona 5 took me 116 hours. Unless Odyssey’s somehow actually super long I don’t expect anything I play this year will get close to that.

Well, actually- I’ve been farming for the Plat in the original Nier and I’m currently at about 50 hours with a decent amount left to do. I could see that getting up there but I’m hoping it doesn’t take me more than like 20-30ish (including a speedrun for that trophy) tops, so...

Similarly I also didn’t finish Zelda (put about 60 hours into it), so if I come back to that and finish what I consider worth doing + the DLC that coooould reasonably approach 90-100ish I guess. Though I don’t expect it to be as long as P5’s still.

I played several other 40-60 hour games though.

Top Bottom